Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PlagueAmazon gear

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by zooply, May 25, 2008.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

PlagueAmazon gear

Okay, everywhere I go, I see gorash. :tongue: (Btw gorash congrats on the anni :thumbsup:).

Anyways I'm looking to build an Amazon based on Wuben's guide, and I'm curious what you guys think.

2/20/2os zon circlet w/ 10 dex (want to socket with 15/15's)
    4 java lifers & 5 java fhr gc's (future purchase)
    enigma (future purchase)
    stormshield
    arach
    rare ring w/ 10 fcr & resists
    raven w/ 20 dex
    trang gloves
    shadow dancer w/ 25 dex (future purchase)
    eth titans
    maras
    10x 5 res all charms (future purchase)
    torch
    anni
    cta switch (future purchase)
    spirit monarch switch

When I get all of the gear together I need I should have about 75 resists in hell with the atma bug. Also, say I get my amazon at say, lvl 90. By then I'd have maxed plague javelin, poison javelin, lightning fury, have 1 in all passives, and have enough +skills to get dodge/evade/avoid to 16+. I still have a nice 8 skill points left over. Where would be a good place to spend these extra points?

2. krisjeh

krisjeh IncGamers Member

Re: PlagueAmazon gear

Looking good on the equipment side, not much to suggest unless you feel like looking for an especially godly pair of rare javelins.

About the leftover points, it would never hurt to pump up your D/A/E even further, despite the diminishing returns. Also make sure you have access to decoy, has served me quite well in duels so far. In case you feel like doing some PvM as well, you could go for valk I suppose.

3. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

Well I'll have 1 point in all passives, so I'll have decoy & valkyrie. With all the gear, I should get lvl 23 in all my passives. At those levels, even if I put all 8 pts into say dodge, I'll only get a 3% increase. I thought maybe I could put them into a synergy for lightning fury (which also would boost my charged strike). Or maybe beef up my valkyrie a little. I could use some of them towards GA, but I doubt I'll be using a bow for anything.

4. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

This is for pvp? I dueled with a couple and both used cta mb or gmb iunno last hp and long range maybe :p

5. NewForumBloke

NewForumBloke IncGamers Member

You could put the rest into ga/multi to have that cta mb for the finishing kill. I know from seeing other psn java's playing that 1 life left is rather annoying and having a skill that can easily deal with it is rather nice. With all the +skills you'll be getting from java gear and such id say fury will easily be able to take care of that 1 pt for in range chars, the guided/multi though could help with casters and such though.

My 2 cents lol

6. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

Sweetalmonds: Yes it is for pvp :wink3:

NewForumBloke: Well your post made me check up on it. If I were to make a CtA mb, I would have the stat points to use both the cta + spirit and the cta mb from stash. Knowing this I'll definitely be considering it more. The good thing is I'll have plenty of time to decide since I won't have all the gear to build her for awhile. If all else fails, I can use most of the gear to rebuild into a light javazon. :tongue:

Edit: Actually after checking I just realized something....... I had been using the +skills from my java gc's also when trying to figure out my passive levels. So of course after doing it CORRECTLY it turns out I will need to add in a few extra points to my D/A/E to get them at lvl 16. I won't have enough left over for GA (unless I leveled her up to 94-95, but I'm too lazy), but I'll probably still toy around with the idea of lower D/A/E so I can add in the bow with GA.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  7. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

widowmaker?

P.S. if you are going to have cta/spirit in stash anyway, who not use faith mb.

8. MuffinMan

MuffinMan IncGamers Member

Im making a similar ama myself now on euscl with stuff I had laying arround on neglected characters. She held together very well in most NM duels, but get my behind kicked a lot in Hell. Probably due to the combination of gear and me not playing her propperly ..yet :tongue:

Current setup:
    Um'ed Shako
    Cta/lidless + Titans/Mosers ral amn (harmony in stash as alternate running tool/GA finnisher)
    Vipermagi 32 res with 7%fhr 1-47lightdmg +9maxdam +10ar jewel (lvl36)
    Trang gloves
    String Of Ears belt
    Soj+Raven rings, Cats Eye amu
    Natalyas boots
    5 Java sks with random life, 1 passive with life
    Anni
    Torch
    rest just random bad sc's

This gives 58K poison in 17,8sec

With a Ideal setup like zooply's, what would the toxic numbers be?

Btw, this nests me all passives to Lvl13. I pumped dodge to lvl20 and evade to lvl 16. Still, should have plenty of points to max Lightning fury before lvl85. But then again I dont use charged strike either. (both poisons maxed ofc)

9. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

I think without the trang gloves my plague damage should be about 69k and my poison javelin at 81-78k. With trang gloves I'd multiply each of those by 1.25, so 86k plague and poison 101k-97k. Of course, that 101k would take 94 seconds to do full damage......

If I am wrong with my calculations, I call upon the gurus to correct my ways. :tongue:

10. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

What is this Atma bug?
    Also do you guys trade for your annis, or you got one?

11. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

the bug he/she is referring to is the anya bug. In each act 5 you can do a quest - rescue anya - where you get a scroll that adds resistance. The bug is that you will lose this 30 resistance once you die eventhough the lcs won't show it that way.
    In order to counter this, you most always overstack atleast 30 resistance are rejoin every time you die.

12. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

Hmm, I didn't know about this bug. Anyhow, I always have to rejoin because I usually die in a very nasty place, and it's impossible to recover my body.

13. Chuck Norris Fan

Chuck Norris Fan Banned

What you mean atma bug?

I would like to know. :tongue:

14. Chuck Norris Fan

Chuck Norris Fan Banned

I would like to know more about that bug anyone?

Uhh sorry about the double post there a way to delete post?

15. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

What do you want to know, if you die, you lose 30 res. There is noting more to it. As far as I know.
    Have a look at the statistics forum. If you can find information somewhere, it'll be there and not here in the amazon forum.

16. Chuck Norris Fan

Chuck Norris Fan Banned

Well sorry about that NASE