Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PK/PvP Barb

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Bestrafer, Oct 20, 2006.

1. Bestrafer

Bestrafer IncGamers Member

PK/PvP Barb

Hi all! I am at the first on this forum.
    Most PvP barbarians use WW, but i think Zerk is very interesting skill. Especially it must be nice in PK or HC duels. This is on of the best 1hit-1kill skills in the game. So i decided to make a good zerker. And i have some questions:
    1. What do you advise me: to use Etheral BotD Thunder maul or Grief Phase Blade with Storm shield w/ ED Jewel. With maul barb got a lot of damage and more life, but with S/S - faster attack speed, more AR, chance to block and 35% DR. I think Maul will be better for 1hit-1kill strategy, but it will be very dander woth out shield with melee characters.
    2. What does work with Zerk: crushing, open wounds, critical, dedly?
    3. Please, give me damage formule. I am interested what maximum damage can zercer have?
    4. What is your damage records?
    5. Does +ED% from Forti work with zerk? What is better Faorti or enigma?
    6. I think charger is a good alternative zerker. How do you think ?an zercer win with good charger? Charger has more damage, AR, can lich with attack, high defence with holy shield, with vigor+charger can run very fast, his atack will be the first, charge work with dedly. But Zerker has much more life and unredused magic damage. How work charge?
    Who dueled with chargers tell me: Will it allways knock back barb or not? If yes, how then zercker can hit him?
    PS I am sorry for my bad english. I am russian and i know english badly. But i study it.:)

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

1. Zerk in interruptable, so with a slow weapon you are in trouble. The best I can think of would be a fast two-handed EBotd.
    2. I do not know about Deadly or Critical (doubt though), but CB and OW should be alright.
    3. Maximum damage only? Weapon base (max damage*on-weapon ED%)+max from items/charms/weapon)*skill+item ED. However, maximum damage is not important, as you will rarely score those max damage hits (specially with weapons like EBotd that have hundreds and hundreds of possible damage units (damage units = max damage - min damage, aka the possible variables of damage).
    4. Don't have any, never made a Zerker barb.
    5. Fortitude will be added the to off-weapon ED, so I'm quite sure it works. However, Enigma is better since running around will get you killed, and Enigma can get you quick kills.
    6. Charge can be nice with it's ~24k physical average damage with max block, max dr and 4.5k ish life. Plus a charger can kill just about anything due to desynch.

As for Charger vs. Zerker, Charger will always win, due to the fact that charge cannot be interrupted and zerk can. Charge is also a moving attack which is a good point. Charge will NOT always knockback an opponent.

3. Bestrafer

Ok, so in what cases charger will not kockback. I think if he doest knockback opponent - he use standart attack, or no?

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Deadly and Critical both work with Zerk.

Zerker is actually a decent HC PvP build against casters because when you do get lucky and land a hit or two, you can dish out quite a bit of unresistible damage. The build doesn't stand much of a chance against most decent melee builds, however.

5. Bestrafer

I calculated damages charger and zerker with uber equipment (grief for 1H and Etheral BotD Thunder maul for 2H, forti, highlord, Charms + combat skills, any) and max all combat skills and synergies. And what that i have got:
    Zerker
    1H(Grief Phase Blade): Min Damage ~8K, Max Damage ~9K
    2H:(EBotD Thunder maul) Min Damage ~5K, Max Damage ~32K

Charger
    1H(Crief Ettin Axe): Min Damage ~12K, Max Damage ~15K
    2H:(EBotD Thunder maul) Min Damage ~6K, Max Damage ~38K

Charger is a not much bigger bigger, but it is physical, so it cuts - 1/12; zerk cuts only - 1/6. So zerker will have more damage. Charger with holy shield will have a nice defence, when zerker have only 0, but with angelic combo AR is not a problem. Also barb have much more HP and critical strice ~23, that with combo 52% DS with 2H or 72% with 1H will be very nice.

So i think that charger victory is not 100%. Barb easy can have 6-7K life with good DR% he will live after the first attack, then drink rej and kill pal with 1-2 hits. But it is not in practice, just theory...
    What do you think about my calculations. Are them right?

6. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Numbers mean nothing in a real fight.

The Zerk will be interrupted, so the Barbarian will never be able to hit the Paladin. Also, the paladin will be charging most of the time, making it next to impossible for the barbarian to hit the paladin.

7. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

Also a barbarian with the Zerk debuff = Free kill if Charger gets an opportunity to charge at least if you're not going the 1h Shield route. Barbarians only chance is to block a charge and then get in a few good hits before the charger manages to regain his distance for another charge (unless the charger has Smite as backup in which case you're toast)

8. zzzwindzzz

zzzwindzzz IncGamers Member

i think u would get noobed in any hell pvp game only people u would kill would be like in a lld game ...

u might kill some pallies if u put a point in ww than ww away and hope u have enough ar...

u would be to slow for any sorc/necro/windy/hdin/foher/sin/zon/bvb would own u if u use ebotd thunder maul/tank barb would prob own u/ u trying to hit so a bvc can just ww away and u have no block so u'll go down fairly quickly unless u have gg life(ur def goes to zero...)

u might kill a bear druid or werewolf

i have yet to see a gg beserker barb(prob some out there that can own a game but very few)

9. Bestrafer

OK, but variant with using PB Grief is very good. Zerker will have avarange damage ~9 000 with 75% to deal double damage (72 dedly and 23 critical), so 3/4 all atacks he will deal pure 3 000 magical unresistable damage, so easy kill to 1-2 hits. Attack spead 9 frm, not bad. 75% block, 50% DR and more 6 000 hit points. This guy must kill everything. WW for SC, but zerc will be better for HC, IMHO. With casters he wears Eni, Arashid, 20% FCR gloves and may be caster rings and we got telezerk. Killing any caster in two hits.

I see variant with Maul is not good, but if take War Pike? Damage will be no much lower then with Thunder maul, but we deposite many stats, those go to Vita (none in dex with raven and any). War Pike have range 5, so we have a very high chance to attack first. 18K - avarange dam without dedly. Who have maked these barbarians and tested them?

10. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

2H Zerk Barb will work for PvM, but in PvP you're a sitting duck. The weapons are simply too slow.