Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PK Poll

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Bongo Fury, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Bongo Fury

Bongo Fury IncGamers Member

PK Poll

Well it's springtime, and the PK threads have reappeared on the MP forums. It'a all been run over time and time again, but it's still interesting to read them and see if there's anything new to be said. Well in the course of one of these discussions some people were making a lot of generalizations about SP players. The one that got me was the claim that people play SP solely because they want to avoid PKs. Now I realize that the PK issue may be a contributing factor to someone playing SP, but I can't believe that it is such a big deal that ANYONE would abandon MP solely because of it. But rather than assume, I figured I'd ask here. What's the SP communities opinion on this issue.

Sorry to bring this up if it's a tired, worn out subject here. Close this post if necessary.

2. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

I play SP to avoid the juvinile imbeciles on Bnet, of which PKers are among.

I'm not sure why avoiding PKers is supposed to be a bad thing or some kind of put down anyway. That's like insulting someone because they lock their door at night to protect against thieves and miscreants.

3. spiral55

spiral55 IncGamers Member

If the lag monster can be called a PK, then they might be onto something. :D

Seriously, though, PK's weren't even part of my decision to give up on Realms play. There were more than enough things wrong with it (the afforementioned lag, 13375p34k, "need wp!!!!!!!!1111one", etc.). PK's didn't even make the cut on the list.

4. farting bob

farting bob Banned

no, SC players are to avoid PK'ing and nasty lag death. SP has neither of these, and with IP games, we can get the best of both worlds if we want.
    edit; you cant read that black writing spiral on the red background. you might want to change it back.

5. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I didn't quit playing on Bnet because of PKers, in fact I never even saw one (but I played 1 month only). I just prefer SP, that's all. But I enjoy playing MP games with other members of this forum via tcp/ip :)

6. Pb_pal

Pb_pal IncGamers Member

Well said. I too am playing SP for several reasons, not only because of PK's, that doesn't bother me that much. It's the immense lag and all the immaturity that gets to me. And on top of that, the duping and hacking doesn't help the situation at all.

-Pb

7. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I do not care for pking at all. However, I only play single player so it is not much of a problem.

Yet, my brother and I sometimes duel and even pk each sometimes in normal mode (no loss of experience and we throw all our gold on the ground).

8. Derrick1001

Derrick1001 IncGamers Member

Nah. I don't think anyone has been chased off Bnet by PKs. Back when I did play the realms, I had no problem killing Pkers when they did attempt to try it.

I left because of Lag (#1), and the fact that the people on there are, by and large, complete morons or atleast pretend they are.

That, and I have zero interest in trading. The fun for me is finding the items myself and then using what I have. ATMA makes me a happy man in that regard.