Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PK hunting? Anyone tried?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by fahartle, Oct 31, 2006.

1. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

PK hunting? Anyone tried?

Hey all,
    I'm considering jumping into Hardcore from Softcore. Been accumulating so much wealth in Softcore that it's starting to lose it's appeal (becoming more of a trading game than a playing game). Anywho, I've been reading through some of the posts and can see the appeal (and the frustration if you're on the receiving end) of Pking. I'm wondering if any of the best PKers out there have tried to hunt the hunters and gone after Pkers themselves? Kind of like graduating from shooting deer to going after the wolves and cats ^_^. Thanks!

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

It's called PKK, and it can be extremely satisfying. I'm actually not sure what's more satisfying: the praise you get from the rest of the PvMers in the game or the threats and curses you get from the PK you just pwned in the face.

That being said, it's tough to pull off, and it takes a lot of patience. You can either do your homework and actually hunt down specific people with a specific build, or you can just make a char to hang out in PvM games waiting for the hostile siren. I guess the latter option would net you results quicker and be a lot less work.

Since most low-level PKs are Chargers, you'd probably do pretty well with a Kicker or Zealot. The latest craze seems to be a Kicker with tons of lightning damage. I haven't tried it out myself, though.

EDIT: This is only feasible at low levels. High-level PKs are TPPKers; you will never get close enough to them to have a chance of killing them.

3. Wordplay

Wordplay IncGamers Member

^ On the other hand, when you know it's a TPPK, it's usually too late. ;)

There simply is no way to fight back against a combination of hacks and abuse. Simply avoid them by playing in private games.

4. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

in .09 i ran one of the more prominent pkk groups. Seriously was the most fun i've ever had playing this game was pkking. Although possible, its kind of improbable these days.

Most of the pks are also duelers, very few people go out and make a strictly low lvl pk.

Anyone else have a character built strictly for pking? How many kills does that pk have?

you'll see from this question and the response it gets there aren't that many "hunters" to hunt.

You can always try me though!

5. tomatoman

tomatoman IncGamers Member

It's a dead sport id say.

6. NightShade

NightShade IncGamers Member

The game has too many buffers. You will never pkk anyone who is tppking for starters, so that writes that off.

You will never PKK a real PK because chances are they are smart enough to know what you're doing. If I see a paladin that's level 18 and doesn't go to town the second I hostile, I am going to assume he has the means to fight me and as such I won't be fighting him

7. PhatTrumpet

pfft... sissy

8. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

When I see someone not go to town immediately I consider it a good day. Death, be it mine or his, is what I'm looking for. Hopefully not mine, but action is the primary concern in my pker's life.

Lucky

9. Full_Circle

Full_Circle IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, there just aren't enough legit PKs to make PKKing worthwhile.

I suggest making a PKer. Killing innocent PVMers passes the time until one of those dastardly PKers comes along for you to kill.

10. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

PvMers, for the most part, aren't worth protecting anyways.

Try making a halfway equipped PKK and every game you join someone will start screaming "ZOMG ___ IS A PK!! LOOK AT HIS GEAR!".

11. fahartle

fahartle IncGamers Member

Ha, you guys are hilarious. Totally different vibe here in the Hardcore forums. Rather like it, I do... Ya bunch of funny sadists - god bless ya!

12. NightShade

The more possitive message I can send : Kill everyone.

13. HelzCaretaker

HelzCaretaker IncGamers Member

IMO, majority of low lvl pkers are cowards. I enter the game with a full dueler (they are pking with full duelers) that is a lower lvl, they run from me. Same lvl same thing. Basically a lot of pkers are pansies that are afraid of real dueling and will run from a real dueler. I suggest pking yourself to get the hang of pk tactics/pvp on hardcore in general. Once you learn those things you need to be tricky in order to pkk. I've found a few 18's that have chickened vs me, quite sad really.

14. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

A couple years ago when i still played i sometimes went after PK's, if i wasnt PKing myself that is.

I used to take a level18 ama and just hang around in sewergames, PK's used to show up pretty soon. Not that i could kill many of them but still it was great fun, most of them bailed out when they noticed they couldnt touch me. :)

15. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

Yea, my old lvl 18 zon got most of her kills PKKing chargers. with block and dodge, you had a decent shot of not getting hit with their first shot and enough life to survive the one hit, then a jab cycle and if you are facing a glass cannon build an ear for your troubles.

PvP is about death as Jason says, so if you decide to do it, I suggest reading the PvP guide sticky for cheap builds.

Cheers
    -Tai

16. Chiller_babe

Chiller_babe IncGamers Member

Ham!!! You're alive!

17. HAMC8112

HAMC8112 IncGamers Member

Hi Chill! How are you doing? Been a long time, i've been away for a while... :smiley:

Are you still playing? I sometimes play my skell necro a bit, nothing like the old days though.

Just saw you lurking there, brought a smile to my face.:smiley:

18. zodwizard

zodwizard IncGamers Member

Sounds like a fun idea. In 1st person shooters like Star Wars BF 1 + 2, there's always some team killer causing trouble and I love spending my next 6 or 7 games taking them out until they cry for mercy :). It might be harder to do in DII... you'd probably need top of the line equip and different equip options in your stash to handle different opponents (just like dueling).

The only problem I see is hacks.... you can get banned from using them, and the PKer's are probably using Maphack or similiar programs and will see you coming from a mile off, or even be able to avoid you entirely. No matter how good a dueler you are, the right cheat or hack can take you out. I also heard of a new hack through this forum that gives a player maximum weapon speed, no matter their class or skill... this would also be a HUGE factor, IMO.

Zodwizard

19. NightShade

Imo The best PKK char I ever had was a throwing amazon.

I had to have well over 30 throwing barb ears... Dbelt/gloves/cowboots/angelic bling/damage plate/damage mask...Slow projectile and abuse the hell out of the throw bug with an attack that negates defense ~.~

20. PhatTrumpet

Well, successful PKKing is not hunting in the sense that you appear to think. Directly hunting down a PK will never work; you have to trick them into thinking they're hunting you. That's when you get the best results... and the best reactions. :rolleyes: