Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pk bone mancer tech. help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by mugentim, Mar 2, 2004.

1. mugentim

mugentim IncGamers Member

pk bone mancer tech. help

i've made a pk bone mancer , i dont have enigma. but when i dual with my friends i still die..... i thought necros are supposed to be baddasss. how exactly do i use him to my advantage ? bprison and spear ? or spirit ?
    plz help thanks all

2. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Enigma makes them really good in duels. Also 75% FCR would be a good idea so you can unload spells quickly.

3. uncreativereally

uncreativereally IncGamers Member

The type of character your fighting has alot to do with what strategy you need to use. But most of the time sending about 5-10 spirits after someone then putting a bone prison on them should kill them (this doesnt work on barbs or character with teleport). To kill barbs just shoot at them ALOT (they can leech off bone prisons so dont use them) and for characters with teleport use spear or if their are really fast use teeth. If you tell me what type of character your friends use I might be able the help you more.

4. plasteredkittylizard

plasteredkittylizard IncGamers Member

You can have the best build in the world, and if you don't have the practice to back it, you won't be very effective. Earlier today, I was leveling my level 18 summonmancer when a level 62 bonemancer joins and hostiles me. I'm thinking, what do I have to lose, so I meet him outside camp, where I proceed to run circles around him whilst my minions are wailin on him. I'm not sure if I even scratched him, but when all was said and done, I had survived several minutes at the cost of 2 skele warriors. I'm going to credit the fact that apparently, he had NO IDEA what he was doing as opposed to my superior running like a chicken with my head cut off approach, but nonetheless, a level 18 vs a level 62 well played bonemancer shouldn't make the 20 second mark, much less being able to run circles around the fool and living to tell the tale...

5. Diminished-Soul

Diminished-Soul IncGamers Member

Check out Soulesschilds PvP Bone Necromancer guide.

As a former 3 year paladin vet, I quit game and once rejoined as a Necro O_O.

So I have basic knowledge of wat to do and use as a Necro.

Some of his strats in there are good and work well. IMO, it is a must read guide/resource man. Yes, you can be good without enigma, I have won vs many Enigma pubby necros who have NO Idea of wat they are doing. Some of his tips should help you greatly.

6. High Lord Bunbun

High Lord Bunbun IncGamers Member

When I duel, I switch about evenly between spear, spirit. I never use bone prison, I find it too cheap, although when it's used against me usually it's broken instantly by the spear I just cast, after which I just dodge the onslaught of spirits, which are too slow unless you scare someone into them with some spears, which is why you use both. Pubbies need to learn that heh. I don't even wear very godly gear and yet I was able to consistently beat a wind druid who had call to arms/enigma/etc etc.

Just make sure you are always moving if they are a caster. If they are melee, it's easy, just shoot spears and spirits randomly and never let them get in range. It helps to have lots of fast cast (at least enough to hit the 75 cast rate breakpoint) and some faster run/walk.

My spear does about 3.8-4k damage and my spirit does 3.6-3.8k damage without any skill charms because they are way too expensive on ladder. I do have plenty of life charms, however and they are invaluable. My necro has 1150 life right now, and only one person I've dueled could 1 hit ko me, a blizzard sorc using godly gear.

The only melee I have ever had trouble with was a fast as hell wolf druid that used a eth botd berserker axe among other things. He ran so fast that I couldn't cast a spell without him hitting me, but some people just have way too good items heh.

7. mugentim

mugentim IncGamers Member

how would you go about killing an assassin with traps ? i have wiz spike btw
    and how in he world do you get 4k damage on spear !!?!?! should i max bone armor ? all the bone spear syn has been maxed i'm only doin 2500 +/- spear
    i have about +5-7 skills (can't reemember)