Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pitrunning, its dark in there ...

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Exorah, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Exorah

Exorah IncGamers Member

So, trying to push my poisonmancer to high level, 94 and still going strong so far.

But .. its dark as hell down the pit. Dark enough that i have trouble seeing boss packs unless i teleport right next to them.
    i guess the answer is +light radius, but where can i best obtain this without going too far from a "normal" poisonmancer build? I do have jewellery with +3/+4 light radius, but those have nothing else usefull on them.

I usually play in a window, not sure if this makes it better or worse.

Any suggestions?

2. Zenigma

Zenigma IncGamers Member

Is your monitor bright enough? I have never had an issue seeing any monster, short of when being in the Lost City during the Tainted Sun quest. Light radius has always just been a non-issue for me, so I honestly don't know where that would be coming from.
    I've been playing windowed for about 6 months now, and for ten years before then, I was full screen. It didn't seem to make a difference for me during the transition.
    When you do play in a window,try to make the background dark to reduce the contrast that you have to focus on.
    If this gibberish is unintelligible, keep in mind that it's way past my bedtime, and blah blah. Good luck!

3. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

Actually primary answer to your problem is not light radius.
    First, best way to learn to see your bosspacks is to simply learn your map. Learn where they spawn frequently, learn where to look for them, learn teleporting path. Learn your map in a way you DON'T use minimap at all while running Pit. It's easier to see bosses if you don't toggle minimap compared to when you do. If you already know where to look for them on your map and don't use minimap for running, that is already majority of job done.
    Second, simply play the area and you will get used to colors of monsters there. I had similar issue running AT since I never done that and it took time for me to get used to monster colors to help me recognize bosspacks faster, along with learning the map.
    Third, maybe if you make your diablo brighter will help you see bosspacks easier, don't know. Try and see.

If none of that work, then light radius... I assume you use following "normal" or "standard" equipment:
    Shako, Spirit shield, Enigma, Mesh belt, Trang gloves, dual Nagelrings, War Travs, MF amulet, Web wand.
    You already have 75 FCR (roll 35 fcr Spirit if you don't), so you don't need fcr on amulet which makes it easy to find amulet which gives you light radius along with some useful mods. You don't even need skills on amulet for nec, but use them if you have that kind of amulet ofc. That is simple way of getting light radius.

If you talk about "normal" equipment with some max block shield, then you will have issue with fcr obviously. Don't know what equipment you really have, I can only guess. You wouldn't believe how many things "normal equipment" can mean. If you use equipment what I described up, light radius should be easy to find on amulet.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2014
  4. bondcho

bondcho IncGamers Member

Use lower resist.

NoisemakerArrow likes this.
  5. Exorah

Exorah IncGamers Member

Good point, does this sometimes and it helps a ton.

This is what i am relying on atm, and it helps alot ofcourse. My problem is mainly those spots with a relatively(10-50% anecdoctal evidence) high chance of spawning a boss pack, as i have to teleport very close to each spot to check, instead of being able to see the spot during a drive-by teleport.

Im actually running 125 FCR since i dont have a Dweb yet, and i find monster generally die very fast with a hoto/spirit setup on p5.

And yea, i could use a amulet for light radius, and it is likely the best solution. I would have to sacrifice something for this ofcourse, hence i ask if anyone had a better idea.

Thanks for all advice so far guys!

6. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

You can also go fast with mouse over creeps to check if they are Minions if you are not sure. I sometimes do that to fast check if not sure is bosspack among million of creeps.