Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pIT vs Ancient Tunnels

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by 2_fingers, Mar 26, 2004.

1. 2_fingers

2_fingers IncGamers Member

pIT vs Ancient Tunnels

Need more testing but i have real nagging suspicion that the ancient tunnels seem to drop better than pit - perhaps because there are many more chests and 'jugs' in ancient tunnels...

comments anyone?

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

It may just be the luck you have had with it so far.
    They both have the same TC.

Or maybe the chacacter can do Tunnels Faster than Pit?

Here's a link to TC and area tables:

http://home.t-online.de/home/320071388834-0001/games/D2X_110_MF_Guide_ENG.htm

(Been posted here before)

3. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

I did about 70 ancient tunnels runs so far, with about ~500 mf:IK boots so far worth mentioning. I think Meph runs are much better.

4. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Back in 1.09, I used to do "blocks"of MF runs. 10 or so in one location, 10 in another and so forth. Usually I'd hit Pindle, Baal, Meph, and Diablo solo. I usually ended up with decent drops. I might do something like that in 1.10

5. 2_fingers

Probably my luck...

Pits have droped ZILCH for me. Only things worth keeping from there are the elite magical/rare items that drop from time to time.... yeah and the gems.

The tunnels - the few times i went there i was rewarded with waterwalks and the uniq balrog spear...

anyhow thanks for the input

6. ToXin

ToXin IncGamers Member

pits:
    ward bow
    gris helm

Anceint Tunnels:
    shaeffers
    aldurs armour
    giant skull
    trang belt

keep in mind that i did MORE pit runs than ancient tunnels. its teh same for my friend too

7. 2_fingers

Just thought i'd post the results of my runs about 25 pits/25ancient tunnels(perday) and these were the results for today

pits
    malbriga shield
    naj helm
    cathan battle staff
    some decent charms
    (6mf, 11 res etc)

Ancient tunnels
    Balrog spear
    snowclash
    Decent charms as well
    water walk
    Sol
    Lum
    Shael

I think that the tunnels offer better mf possiblities because of the cheests - chests gave me some runes as well as the water walk. But it really depends on the charac...

BTW i run 224 mf on my charac - maybe that;st why i am not getting much goodies...

8. Green_Squirrel

Green_Squirrel IncGamers Member

Considering the difficulty of finding the Ancient Tunnels, wouldn't it be better off doing Pits? From the few (1 or 2) Ancient Tunnel runs I did, I could never seem to find it.

Is there a trick to finding the Ancient Tunnels that I seemed to have missed? If so I'd be glad to know. :)

9. 2_fingers

There's no trick as far as i know - though about 1/4 to 1/2 the times the wp is near to the tunnels. I usually hit stoney, get rakinishu, hit eld, then go for andy, then tunnels if they spawn close. I come out of lost city wp move around in a rough circle around wp to see if it is anywhere near it. If i meet up with some boss packs, i kill it - u never know what you may get in hell...(a boss pack outside of rogue encapment dropped me jallal mane)

BTW i found out that i needed to increase my mf- found a gheeds near rakinishu and now mf is at 250 and now uniques drop even more often.

(before anyone starts any lengthy discussion on how lousy rakinishu is, i've found titans,shakos,dwarfstars there)