Pit runs suck, period.

London

Diabloii.Net Member
Pit runs suck, period.

Over the past few weeks, I've been MFing with my Pally, hes got a little under 300 MF, and can clear the pit (both levels) in under 5 minutes, after countless runs, I had nothing to show for it except some levels.

I decided to get on my ol' Sorc and let Mephy have it... In one day, I found more good items, then a week of pit runs... Heres what I got...

Monarch
Shako
Templar Coat
Jewel
Balrog Blade
Balrog Spear
Grim Helm


I'm sorry, but Meph is where its at.
 

Shug_Ninx

Diabloii.Net Member
I do crypt and mausy runs and in one day I've found...

Matriarichal Javalin
Ring
Ring
Ogre Maul
Cedar Staff

...and 2x Ko runes, all the while leveling up from 63 to 75. :thumbsup:

EDIT: One ring was Nature's peace, the other Nagelring. But yeah, I agree. I hated doing pit runs. Too much of a pain for my character to get to. Too many immunities to worry about. And it seems my luck didnt pay off as well there either.
 

London

Diabloii.Net Member
Shug_Ninx said:
I do crypt and mausy runs and in one day I've found...


Matriarichal Javalin
Ring
Ring
Ogre Maul
Cedar Staff


...and 2x Ko runes, all the while leveling up fro 63 to 75. :thumbsup:

EDIT: One ring was Nature's peace, the other Nagelring. But yeah, I agree. I hated doing pit runs. Too much of a pain for my character to get to. Too many immunities to worry about. And it seems my luck didnt pay off as well there either.
Nice. I found some rings and amulets as well, but none were worth mentioning. Mephy is good to me, I can do them in about 1.5 minutes. Hoping to find more stuff tomorrow.
 

MithrandirX

Diabloii.Net Member
London said:
Over the past few weeks, I've been MFing with my Pally, hes got a little under 300 MF, and can clear the pit (both levels) in under 5 minutes, after countless runs, I had nothing to show for it except some levels.

I decided to get on my ol' Sorc and let Mephy have it... In one day, I found more good items, then a week of pit runs... Heres what I got...

Monarch
Shako
Templar Coat
Jewel
Balrog Blade
Balrog Spear
Grim Helm


I'm sorry, but Meph is where its at.
I don't run the pit to find shakos, stormshields and guardian angels, nice finds though they may be. I got plenty of them. What I am looking for are the truly exceptional items that meph cannot drop, and high runes. The fact is, that no amount of shakos will ever be worth say, IK Armor, or a vex rune. Meph just doesn't drop the good stuff.


Mith
 

MithrandirX

Diabloii.Net Member
MithrandirX said:
I don't run the pit to find shakos, stormshields and guardian angels, nice finds though they may be. I got plenty of them. What I am looking for are the truly exceptional items that meph cannot drop, and high runes. The fact is, that no amount of shakos will ever be worth say, IK Armor, or a vex rune. Meph just doesn't drop the good stuff.


Mith
EDIT: Also, 300 mf is really not enough, in my opinion.
 

Zenkat

Diabloii.Net Member
You may hate the pits now, i did in the beginning. But as soon as you get your first uber from there, you wont be able to get enough of it.

IK armor can be measured in shakos these days, but a Tyraels Might or Mang Song's cannot.
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
the pit can drop everything except the little charm dclone drop, and cow kings set pieces.
 

davew2040

Diabloii.Net Member
With a qlvl of 87, I think the monster dropping it has to be 87 or better. I don't think even the unique monsters there are high-level enough.
 

conan

Diabloii.Net Member
davew2040 said:
With a qlvl of 87, I think the monster dropping it has to be 87 or better. I don't think even the unique monsters there are high-level enough.
I have found Unique Sacred, Set Sacred, CoA, GF, WF, and several eth Zerkers and CBs, none of witch i have ever found off of Mephy=)

You may not like the pit but even ordinary monsters there can drop stuff meph cant

Stick to areas you dont get pwned at, mephy is easy enough=)
 

breez

Diabloii.Net Member
davew2040 said:
With a qlvl of 87, I think the monster dropping it has to be 87 or better. I don't think even the unique monsters there are high-level enough.
Area level is 85. Champions are +2 to that and bosses +3 to that, so there's monster's with mlvl 87 and **.
 

Daemonaz

Diabloii.Net Member
davew2040 said:
With a qlvl of 87, I think the monster dropping it has to be 87 or better. I don't think even the unique monsters there are high-level enough.
Normal monsters can't because they are level 85, but champions and bosses are lvl 87 or higher.

Level:

Champion: +2.. That makes their level 87.
Unique: +3 .. And bosses **.

EDIT: ah breez beat me to it.
 

PhsycoTimmay

Diabloii.Net Member
I havnt had great luck with the pit either. Granted the first pit run I did Mavs bow dropped right when i killed the 1st or 2nd monster (what kinda luck is that). But sense, i havnt found crap, I guess its just a patience game.
 

fatmantan

Diabloii.Net Member
I found 2 grandfathers in the pits in 3 days

all from about 30 runs :D

also my first ist there too (picked up a HOZ from meph that same game)
 

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't run the pit if you are expecting to get cheap stuff fast. Run the pit if over time you want to find higher level items.
 

WackenOpenAir

Diabloii.Net Member
hehe.

i had a sorc with crap equipment. i wanted to TRY a pitrun.

After killing like 20 monsters with quite some difficulties i decided the sorc was not able to do pitruns safely.
I once more pressed alt before leaving and saw a unique phase blade :)

unfortunately it was "only" a lightsabre.
 

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
i do meph followed by the pit. its like a meph/pindle run of 09.

meph is the quarter slot machine

pit is the dollar slot
 

Cooked

Diabloii.Net Member
I have just started pit runs. I am using an old lvl 97 zon with 419 mf and a merc with 195 mf. In 16 runs I found..Griz set armor (who cares) Ravenfrost ring..pul rune..Homonuclus..Valor balrog skin..and Ariocs Needle (the new lvl 84 unique spear). So...there is hope for good items I think. The runs are easy as there are never any PI monsters there.
 

Materia

Diabloii.Net Member
I've done exactly 26 Pit Runs. I'm using an Overlord Necro, and Only have 102 MF. Here's what I've found.

Arachnid Mesh
Vex Rune
Marrowwalks
Lightsabre
Cham Rune
Vampire Gaze
 
Top