Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pit Runs not good

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by chump2, Jan 28, 2004.

1. chump2

chump2 IncGamers Member

Pit Runs not good

Ok, I have done a lot of Meph runs, and now I decided to try for better stuff by doing Pit runs. I did about five of them with about 350% mf and didn't find diddly squat. Am I missing something? Basically, I'm going in and clearing out the whole place, both levels. Is that the strategy or should I just do lvl 2? If both levels, then why am I not finding anything? I guess it could just be bad luck since it's only five runs. So far a unique francisca and a unique war spear don't impress me.

Thanks for your help.

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

You're missing something yes...patience. Like with all runs, it takes time to find the best stuff. Besides the MF helps you by giving you better chance of finding magic, rare, set and unique, it doesn't help you by giving you the best stuff automatically. If you find 2 uniques in 5 runs, that's still perfectly fine.

3. Birdy-supreme

Birdy-supreme IncGamers Member

5 runs? LOL
    try 500

4. xtylerx

xtylerx IncGamers Member

i find the best stuff when i am not even mfing, it seems that when i am trying to find an item i cant, but when i am just playin through the game with my friend we find alot, like last night i found a vex off eldritch... that prick has never given me anything.. but last night for some reason he was generous.

you neeed to have alot of patience and 5 runs... well come on, thats not mfing.

5. ludacrismfer

ludacrismfer IncGamers Member

Ya, I usualy do 100 meph runs in a row. In 100 runs I find like 3 things that I could sell for 290 or more. Ex, with 720 mf I find Maras, SS, LS, Alma NEgra, Ormus Robes. On these runs however, I havent even started but I toured in one time with 0 mf and all kinds of magic and rare elites pop like a rare spiderweb sash, vampbraces, shadow plate. The fact of the matter is, when i build a FO/CL sorc like the one in MONKS guide with about 400 mf, I will be doing these runs all the time.

6. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

What I hate about MF

For 2 months I had been looking for Sigon's Plate (the armor) and found none.

After the death of most of my chars I started another sorc

and she found 3 of the sigon's plate in 2 hours at LOW levels.

It was pretty frustrating

7. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Meph usually yeilds more uniques than The Pit. BUT...The Pit can drop ANY item in the game. I think of it as 2 areas full of Pindles. But in order for The Pit to pay off, you have to invest a lot of time running it. Some people get lucky, like me, and get some nice items the first time they step into the Pit. Others have to work at it. But their day will come as well, it just takes patience.

FYI, when I run the Pit, I run 20-30 in a row and might find 1 very good item, sometimes more.

8. incubusS

incubusS IncGamers Member

:scratch:

I have still yet to figure out why people think the Pit owes them something. You have just as much of a chance to find something 'good' in any area of the game. The Pit just guarantees that all the monsters have the ability to drop TC85 and the champs/uniques to drop TC87. If it were that easy and the Pits just dropped elite uniques from the heavens the game would be rather boring. Like I've seen posted 1000 times.. its all LUCK! When people come to understand that 5 runs won't get your everything your heart desires these silly Pit Run posts will stop.

9. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

same goes for Mausoleum. usualy you will get some elite items with sockets and stuff whih are not bad either 8) An area ful lof pindles! What can you wish for more.

Then one night i step in to Mausoleum run it all through and get nothing on the way back before the exit there is one of these defiled graves, i open it and bonehew pops out. seems some dead soul had pity for me :D

Pitruns take alot of patience but the good sides are that you actually gain exp at higher lvls which you wont really get when you do hell-meph or only very slow when you do hell-pindle.

Also a good tip is to join games with more people and do Pit/Mausoleum/Ancient tunnels on your own. Since there are more people in the game more items will pop, which gives you a better chance for soemthing really nice :xmad:

10. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Thats a good point I forgot to mention. All the way up to clvl90, the Pit is a good place to gain XP. So, if nothing else, at least you are leveling :)

11. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

would also be good to mention that you need at least 400mf for it to be worth it.

12. m0nk

m0nk IncGamers Member

Nah, not that much. 300% is worth it, just that 400% is better. Area running seems to be more affected by higher MF % than act bosses.

13. Mr_Grimm

Mr_Grimm IncGamers Member

i'v done about 5 pit runs so far experimentally, and i'll probably to them again occasionally after seeing many white elite items drop (hydra bow, legendary mallet etc.) because one day, those elite items will turn up unique for someone and i'd like it to be me :)

14. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet IncGamers Member

i do mausoleum runs instead, b/c i'm using a cold sorc. on my third run, one of the unique enemies dropped me a very nice set lacquered plate. i've been doing them since, and the best thing i've found since, is an iron jang bong.

15. warding

warding Banned

Last night I think I got no less than 5 of these on pit runs, 2 of them dropping from monsters on the same screen.

16. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Erm, you're wondering why you find more Sigeons Plates at low levels? Sigeons Plate is a Gothic Plate, which has item level 32. You can find this plate already somewhere around Act4 or Act5. Monsters cannot yet drop higher TC's there, so the chance of something being a Gothic Plate is higher, and thus the chance of somthing being Sigeons Plate is also higher.

17. Majikar

Majikar IncGamers Member

Like everyone has said, its all patience. I leveled my meteorb sorc from 75 to ** before I got something worth keeping. Strangely enough, thats also when I hit 500mf... hmm... ;)

18. Gheeds Army

Gheeds Army IncGamers Member

i also am a cold sorc and find mausoleam run very easy. if every item in the game can drop in a pit run, what wont drop in a mausoleam run??

thnx friends...

19. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Mausoleum is the same. Read this thread for best MF-areas:
    http://www.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?t=126824 :D

20. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

all the lvl 85 areas are the same but for the chest and the runes dropings, if u go and look at each of them u will find that just about any char build can mf somewhere in this game and fine any item(but anni sc and cow king set). i use cold sorc for ancient tunnels and hammerdin for baal, and have found a few good things in each of them, its may take a week or 10 weeks b4 u find a really good items like deaths fathom or a wf, stuff like this takes time to find anywhere thay can drop

gl hf, and report back to us after ur 1000th pit run :thumbsup: