Pit running help

princesspk

Diabloii.Net Member
Pit running help

Got my hardcore amazon all the way to the pit, finally. Just cleared it a few times with non-mf gear (don't really have any at the moment).

She's a hybrid strafer/lf/cs, and skills at the moment look like this at clvl 76
lf = 20
CS = 15
strafe = 15
valk = 5 or 6, i forget
D/A/E = about 10 points divided there
pierce = 7

I used to use a buriza but I just recently found a goldstrike arch when doing NM baal runs, and I find it much better. The ED on it sucks but it rolled with near perfect +%ed to demons and +%ed to undead. Plus it's pretty much twice as fast as the buriza with the +50% IAS on an already fast weapon. Don't know if I've reached the last possible breakpoint for speed but it's pretty damn quick. It looks like a constant stream of arrows when it's shooting at one target.

Thing is, I'm afraid that I won't be able to kill anything if I slap on the MF gear, or even worse, i might die. One more level and I'll be able to use my kira's guardian so this should fix a lot of resistance problems (currently have some negative ones). I rely on a ''smoke'' armor for the +50 resists too, and wear angelic's ammy + 1 angelic's ring + rare LL/AR ring. I would probably need to find myself some better amulet like a highlord's or mara's but I don't really have the wealth to afford either of those. Is there a decent mf armor out there that'll supply me with *some* resists? I'd rather sacrifice some MF for a bit more killing power/survivability.

I was thinking of keeping kira's on for mfing so I don't die because of poor resists. What kind of gear do you guys suggest that I get for running the pit? I'm basically looking for medium MF (maybe something like 200-250 would be good to start at) and good survivability. If this girl dies I'll lose pretty much all the good gear I have amassed (titan's, buriza, gore riders, laying of hands, the ward and kira's).

SkyMind

Diabloii.Net Member
Get a coh, it's a great java armor, it should fix your problems and give a bit of extra mf. Also post you whole gear, so we can give more advice on what to change.

EDIT: Btw, resists are n't that important when doing pits, the only elemental damage you can get there is probably from bosses with cold/fire enchanted or spectral hit. I would rather get more block for pits, those archer packs with fana/cursed can be very nasty for any char.

Get a coh, it's a great java armor, it should fix your problems and give a bit of extra mf. Also post you whole gear, so we can give more advice on what to change.

EDIT: Btw, resists are n't that important when doing pits, the only elemental damage you can get there is probably from bosses with cold/fire enchanted or spectral hit. I would rather get more block for pits, those archer packs with fana/cursed can be very nasty for any char.
If he's using coh and kiras... he's obviously on a budget. :tongue:

Mf isn't too good for the pits since it is mainly used to farm socketable items. If you want to get better mf though, switch out kiras for shako. The res isn't too important, but you can make it up with a sancuary shield (or some other shield with nice res). I'd recommend that, actually.

Again, list what other items you're using, so we know where to start.