Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pit running Gear

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by MrPipes, Feb 9, 2004.

1. MrPipes

MrPipes IncGamers Member

Pit running Gear

Hi...I'm *mrpipes on USWest, and I play Ladder-only. I've got a 76 meteorb sorceress.

I've recently decided to start running the Pit because of its notorious reputation for dropping elite items in very few runs. I've got some questions I could use help answering.

Currently, this is what my sorceress wears:

Vipermagi
    Shako
    Oculus
    Lidless Wall
    Nightsmoke
    Silkweaves
    Magefist
    Nightsmoke
    FCR Rings/ammys

Altogether, I have 108 MF (I'm going to Ptopaz that Shako though). I realize this isn't much. I could use some suggestions on what kind of gear would be useful for MF Pit running (and please don't just suggest enigma only, I'm not rich enough for that yet!). Bear in mind...I didn't build this sorc for MFing initially, so she doesn't have much strength to work with. Only about 75 strength and dex respectively, since none of that listed gear takes much.

And other questions about pit running: Is it best to do it in a big public game with 8 players, or will I still be able to find elite items if I solo it with some MF?
    Should I bother doing the Pit Level 1, or just teleport straight to Lvl 2 and beat just that level (seeing as it's a small concentrated area of mostly uniques)?

Thanks! All suggestions welcome!

2. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

How many superstitious things can you get into one post ^^

- Pit's are no known-to-drop-l33t-itamz-in-few-games area's. You're going to have to run them hundreds of times, just the same as every other MF endpoint. Only thing the Pit is known for is that it *can* drop every item in the game, and then only from uniques.

- Pit's level 1 and 2 are both Arealvl 85, so you'll be able to find just as much on both levels.

- Pit's level 2 is not crammed with Uniques. Have you ever been to the pit? It's 2, at most 3 uniques on second level. Level 1 can easilly spawn 5 or 6 uniques.

So please, try the Pit's yourself first before you go ask questions about how you can best find those l33t itamz in the Pit. Bottom line is; Kill everything as fast as possible, and repeat * 1000

3. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

PIT?

every orb sorc should be running the Ancient tunnels. NO COLD IMMUNES AT ALL.

only ranged attackers are returned mages shooting lightning bolts.

:clap:

4. JpM

JpM IncGamers Member

you are *** :clap:

YOU are sayin l33t YOU are the noob.

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

I agree with andrew here, ancient tunnels can spawn alot of unique's too and there will NEVER be any cold immune's there, which can spawn in the pit what makes the life of any sorc nowadays (they all seem to use frozen orb...) a lot more difficult... try the pit and after that try the tunnels for a change... check the results and the time of your runs and decide what u do then..

good luck!

robin

6. MrPipes

MrPipes IncGamers Member

andrew, robin: ok, i'll try the tunnels for a change. thanks for the suggestion!

Stiertje: First off, there's no reason to try and act like you're flaming me or something. Please read what I said. I said Lvl2 had a high concentrated area of uniques; I didn't say there were more than lvl 1. And besides; you didn't even attempt to try and answer my questions. Try not being a jerk and use the forums politely. I don't make these threads to attract deamening posts, but rather to gather some knowledge on whatever I'm posting about.

7. soulss12

soulss12 IncGamers Member

i can understand why people get mad at you with a topic like this. What i want you to do is go to "search" and type in "pits" and tell me how many hundreds of times your very questions are answered. Seriously man, take some time and save us all some trouble.

8. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member