Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pit runner necro

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by spade-man, Mar 12, 2004.

1. spade-man

spade-man IncGamers Member

pit runner necro

should my necro have max block for pit runs? if so whats amount of dex he should have for max block with Homo?

2. Leper

Leper IncGamers Member

There has been considerable debate about max block on necros, some say yes, some say no. It depends on personal preference, the way you play and what items you have access to really.

The amount of dex needed changes depending on character level, so you'll either have to say what level you're thinking of getting to so some one can calculater for you, or finding the formula and calculationg for yourself.

Love From Leper

3. doubleOObubble

doubleOObubble IncGamers Member

Yes, if you want to see arguments on cons/pros, there are pretty extensive threads to be found. I'll just say I have a pretty Ghetto clad necro and the pit is a breeze for him (skellymancer of course). He has no block, but it'd be as easy/harmless with block and a little less life, so go with whatever you like more for the dangerous areas.

My Necro wears nothing good but a Harlequin crest. Besides of that, it's cheap stuff. The only time he has had to "retreat" and get mew minions was when he encountered a multiple boss pack of knights/urdars in River of flame. I've never played a safer char and the pit, even though it's occationall fanatic archers, pose zero threat to a skellymancer IMO.

Meaning: The Pit shouldn't really be the deciding factor on block or not, as it's not near representable to danger to a Necromancer :)

4. probo24

probo24 IncGamers Member

Your play style should tell you if you need block or not.
    I'm a slow learner, after quite a few deaths with base dex necros, my latest 2 are going the block route. lvl 87 55% block and lvl 82 75% block (this is with a homo, the 87s got a rhyme) dex on the 75% is around 200 atm?
    Blocking as i see it, buys you more time if you run into a tough mob, usually ranged attacks, or hit a nice lag spike.
    From what i can tell so far, a high block % will buy you more time than the extra life will. That and a nice lvl dv has made my life as a necro so much more fun.
    Plus you gotta love hearing that little ping sound, rather than hearing your character grunt from being hit. MAN i HATE that sound!

5. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

my pit necro has max block with homonculus, other gear is all mf stuff (4 sock ptopaz armor, rare mf gloves & boots, 2x nagels, mf amu) besides white wand. I have rediculously low mana witch tends to piss me off when i cant cast bspirit or CE :( maybe if i hadn't gone with block id have more mana to spend. but thenagain, i have survived with 750 life @ lvl 85 for a suprisingly long time =)
    my nec can run pindle, shenk, elrich and pit without problems using 10 skellies, iron golem, might merc and ce and maxed bspear/bspirit.