Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pit questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by bumhntr, Apr 1, 2005.

1. bumhntr

bumhntr IncGamers Member

Pit questions

Why do people run the pits? For socketables?? Up to what treasure class can the monsters in the pit drop?

Thanks

*Nenya93

2. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

The reason why people run the pit (Tamoe Highland) in Hell is because it is a level 85 area.

Champions and unique monsters in level 85 areas can drop every item in the game.

If you are simply after items, then players 1 is all that you need to run (as player settings does not affect champion/unique monster drops (as in more items: they always drop two)). If you want experience then players 8 is the better option. It is all dependant upon your character. Player 3 is a good medium.

A note of interest 7 champions/unique packs spawn in The Pit.

3. bumhntr

bumhntr IncGamers Member

Nice to know, thank you. Eventually gonna try some pit runs with my wws strafezon when she is done.

4. ArchAngel Tiberrius

You're welcome. Another area in Act I is The Masoleum (where Blood Raven is located) as it is an easy area to clear and it's also a level 85 area.

Only 5 champions/uniques spawn there.

5. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

A third easy lvl85 area is Ancient Tunnels, which is a trapdoor located in Lost City, Act 2.

Mostly zombie/undead, slow monsters there (and rarely a cold-immune monster).

It can take a little long to find without teleport though.

6. TheNewHammerInTown

TheNewHammerInTown IncGamers Member

OK Archangel, you mention the players 1, players 8 stuff. Does this even work in LOD 1.10? If so what is the process? What are the step by step ways of doing this and do you need more than 1 player in the game? It would be great for quick leveling some of my lower characters I wish to push through if this actually works on LOD 1.10. From what I have read I thought it was something only available in 1.09?

7. ArchAngel Tiberrius

Yes it can be done in v1.10.

Simply do it the same as v1.09 "playersX" however in v1.10 it must be preceeded with /.

So it is:

/players8

If it is successful it will show in your message log as: "players set to 8".

8. Lensor

Lensor Banned

This only works in single player, not on Bnet. There you actually need the players in game to get the same effect.

9. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Bosses drop one item (and 4 potions), Champions drop 2 potions and a pile of gold (the gold is often replaced by an item).

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

SuperUniques drop two items and 4 potions, uniques drop 1 item and 4 potions and Champions drop either gold or 1 item and 4 potions.
    Bosses (such as Griswold) have varying treasureclasses, and act bosses can drop up to 6 items including gold.

11. TheNewHammerInTown

TheNewHammerInTown IncGamers Member

Pit is generally pretty easy and the thing to watch for here is the archers, especially if you are a sorc. Wouldnt recommend a sorc here. Can do this in a breeze with my lvl78 hammerdin however. As for the ancient tunnels, sure, you get slow zombies in there, even the fanatic ones are slow, but you get a very nasty creature that spawns there sometimes. Its an undead horror mage that fires lightning bolts at you. Even with 90% lightning resistance, 5000 def they take life off me pretty quick. The champion and uniques also curse you with weaken and mana burn you. These guys are lightning immune as well. One of the uniques that spawned there ended up being resistant to my hammer as well and not too many things are hammer resistant. Enter at your own peril if you are a sorc here.

12. Gorny

Gorny Banned