Pit/Cow Strafe/Multi MF zon gear?

C_Narcissus

Diabloii.Net Member
Pit/Cow Strafe/Multi MF zon gear?

This will be my first zon in quite some time, especially since I've been out for a year altogether. My goal is to make a fun MF build that wipes out the pit or the cow level in hell with 2-3 others in the game. Let me know how this will fair - most of it is just a fast and loose workup in my head.

Skills:
Max Valk
Some Crit
Some Penetrate
Max either Strafe OR Multi (leaning towards strafe but I don't know the BP differences and whether or not it will matter)

Gear:
Steelskull w/ P.Topaz
Skullders (Enigma if I can get back to the point where I can afford it)
Faith Bow
Wartravs
Chanceguards (or perhaps Laying of Hands, depending upon demons encountered and required killing speed to keep the runs quick)
Up'd Goldwrap (need some more IAS and MF somewhere, right?)
Nagel x2
Highlords Wrath

Charms:
Gheeds
As many 7% MFSC's as I can get
Poison charms to fill the gaps

Stats:
Str - minimal for gear
Dex - as much as I can spare
Vit - need about 900 life
Ene - base

This can't be a completely new build. Someone has to have something similar now. So my question is - what are some problems (foreseeable or previously experienced) with this type of build? Will I do enough physical damage with the fanat. from Faith or will I need more damage in charms/steelrends/etc? Is that enough MF (~100 on the armor, 50 on the helm, 60 between the rings, 110 on the charms estimating about 10 mfsc's = 320?) and where can I add more MF? What kind of damage should I aim for when I'm pumping dex? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 

C_Narcissus

Diabloii.Net Member
Wmeredith said:
Did you look at any of the guides?

There is a pit strafer guide.
Yeah but it doesn't account for the new items since the last ladder reset. I think the faith bow with the fanat. aura should give plenty of damage, and I should actually be able to sacrifice a little bit more performance to gain some MF since I like to have over 400 when I run common areas. But all in all, since I just restarted last week I don't have the resources to go out and get all this stuff for a new zon only to have her suck in the end anyway. I'd just assumed someone else had tested out Faith with a MF bowazon already.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: How about this, how much damage do your bowazons do, and can you clear the pit or cows efficiently with others in the game?
 

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
My MF bowzon is like this (level 93 now):

Weapon Faith GMB
Switch Harmony MB for running
Tal Rasha's armor with Um (**%mf)
Laying of Hands
Goldwrap upgraded (30% mf)
War Traveler boots (46% mf)
First ring dual 8/6 with 9x ar and mana
Second ring Raven Frost
Amulet Highlord's
Helm M'avina's with 27ed-15ias jewel

Merc: Stone 2,8k, Pride Thresher, Andy mask with Ral

Inventory: Anni 14 11 7, 6x7mf sc, 6x 20life sc, Gheeds 36, 1x passive sk, some fast run scs and other.

Total MF is **+30+46+36+42 = 242
Stats: Str enough to use GMB, Vit enough to reach approx 1000 life @ lvl 90, Ene nothing, Dex everything else.

In 8players Pit and Flayer jungle are easy, Chaos Sanct is doable but takes a bit more time (esp. the River of Flame part can be slow if high hitpoint monsters appear). I haven't tried Cow level though.
 

C_Narcissus

Diabloii.Net Member
Leohappy said:
My MF bowzon is like this (level 93 now):

Weapon Faith GMB
Switch Harmony MB for running
Tal Rasha's armor with Um (**%mf)
Laying of Hands
Goldwrap upgraded (30% mf)
War Traveler boots (46% mf)
First ring dual 8/6 with 9x ar and mana
Second ring Raven Frost
Amulet Highlord's
Helm M'avina's with 27ed-15ias jewel

Merc: Stone 2,8k, Pride Thresher, Andy mask with Ral

Inventory: Anni 14 11 7, 6x7mf sc, 6x 20life sc, Gheeds 36, 1x passive sk, some fast run scs and other.

Total MF is **+30+46+36+42 = 242
Stats: Str enough to use GMB, Vit enough to reach approx 1000 life @ lvl 90, Ene nothing, Dex everything else.

In 8players Pit and Flayer jungle are easy, Chaos Sanct is doable but takes a bit more time (esp. the River of Flame part can be slow if high hitpoint monsters appear). I haven't tried Cow level though.
Sounds like a similar build to what I want. Whats your damage like, and which skills do you use most frequently, multi or strafe? About how long does it take to clear the pit, and how often do you get good results (i.e. is that enough MF for the time it takes you to clear it)?

Thanks again. Nice level, btw - restarting makes the 90's seem so far away.
 

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
100% pierce strafe demolishes multishot in pit running. Almost all areas down there (except for level 2 which is better cleared by lightning fury anyways) are narrow/semi-narrow passageways where monsters come in long packs, allowing one strafe arrow to hit 4-5+ enemies easily.
 

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
bow skills are pretty lame in .10 vs high life targets like cows. LF is still effective though.

for pits, just about anything is good.
 

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
C_Narcissus said:
Sounds like a similar build to what I want. Whats your damage like, and which skills do you use most frequently, multi or strafe? About how long does it take to clear the pit, and how often do you get good results (i.e. is that enough MF for the time it takes you to clear it)?
I mostly use Multishot since with the gear listed I can reach the fastest possible speed with it (my Faith is with 15 aura, but all you need is 13 or better), and MS is just so much easier to use (IMO). I use Strafe as backup skill, it comes in handy when facing skeleton packs in the Pit (they're unleechable and Strafe does more damage and needs less mana), or champion/unique type monsters.

Against Physical immunes I use Magic arrow (base with + skills) but they never appear in the Pit/Flayer anyway (never saw one, although some people claim they can appear there). You'll sometimes encounter them in CS and Cow level however (in form of 1 unique monster so no biggie).

I don't really know how much time (in minutes/seconds) I need to clean the Pit (never thought about that :rolleyes: ). It's fast however. First use Harmony bow and just run right past all monsters into the Pit, then switch to Faith and kill stuff...).

Also if you can't afford Pride you can use Fortitude armor instead of Tal Rasha's for a similar damage boost - but you lose **% MF :).
 

richo

Diabloii.Net Member
C_Narcissus said:
Yeah but it doesn't account for the new items since the last ladder reset. I think the faith bow with the fanat. aura should give plenty of damage, and I should actually be able to sacrifice a little bit more performance to gain some MF since I like to have over 400 when I run common areas. But all in all, since I just restarted last week I don't have the resources to go out and get all this stuff for a new zon only to have her suck in the end anyway. I'd just assumed someone else had tested out Faith with a MF bowazon already.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: How about this, how much damage do your bowazons do, and can you clear the pit or cows efficiently with others in the game?
well my pitstrafer uses atm faith GMB and theres, and i choose for WF (shael), cause that gives the same BP as faith gmb and you have about 800 more dmg with WF and thats the only difference you can have in youre mf gear

my mf gear:

eth skullder (ptopaz)
stealskul (ptopaz)
chancy
upped goldwrap
WT
2* perfect MF nagel
highlords
WF 8% ml (i gonna switch back to this)
using atm: faith gmb 14 aura

switch:
perfect non eth titans
stormshield (clean~~)

inv:
21* 7% mf sc
1* gheeds

MF: 556% mf

and i would just recomdend just using WF 8% ml and on switch titan 9% LL, and just make pure dexazone with might merc (prefably with pride or doom on it), you leech enough from youre enemy if you have a 8 fps strafe and as for pierce get a 7x% pierce

rgzzz
RICHO
 

C_Narcissus

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for the help guys - I will post an update when I create the zon, let everyone know how it goes, and we'll see how well the skills/gear work out.
 

XZON

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
100% pierce strafe demolishes multishot in pit running. Almost all areas down there (except for level 2 which is better cleared by lightning fury anyways) are narrow/semi-narrow passageways where monsters come in long packs, allowing one strafe arrow to hit 4-5+ enemies easily.
um....7 or even 8 frame multi with that kind of damage will destroy strafe in the pit. It is really not that tight there, just enough to keep all enemies on one side of you. You obviously have not tried a good faith build yet.
 

fredsta54

Diabloii.Net Member
i used to be a strafe person, but, after trying out faiths 7 frame multi... ill never go back to strafing... ever :/

Id even multi shot with a wf :)

Strafe is boring.. multi is not.. and i find it kills much faster. Then again i like to kill enemies from off screen, which means i can go pure dex and be safe (just fire them off randomly until you see you are leaching then direct your fire in that area)






Fred
 
Top