Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pit and uber runner

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by freefree, Oct 18, 2006.

1. freefree

freefree IncGamers Member

Pit and uber runner

I was curious after playing my meteorb 100 runs a day, I'm getting bored of her and annoyed by the cold immunes. So I was curious if I could get some advice from all you pallys what would be a better build for running pits and eventually uber trist for torches.

I'd prefer staying away from melee builds but i'm willing to consider them. Right now I'm thinking Hammerdin but how do they hold up to the ubers.

Also where can i get a guide to a foher I didn't notice one in the guide thread but I just might be blind?

Also gear wise I'm not rich, my sorc is several months in the working and its been a rough road getting just what she has. and I will be using most of her gear for this pally when he's ready (ill be rushed to hell and leveled in baal pubbies)

well here the usable gear:
    Shako (its got a topaz so im looking for a new one)
    Enigma
    Sanctuary Trolls nest
    Arachnid Mesh
    2x soj
    wizard spike (for hammer i guess)

2. niner

niner IncGamers Member

Make 2 of em:

Make a hammy for mf pits and finding keys. They dont uber very well. you can scavenge your sorc for hammy gears

Make a zealot/smiter for ubering.They dont mf very well. These gears somewhat cheap for basic uber killer.

FOH does no good for either of these purposes.

Look in guide sticky for guides on both the builds.

3. freefree

freefree IncGamers Member

how well can a hammerdin handle uber or can he?

can a smiter handle pits easly?

Id rather only build one as it tend to be time consuming for me.

4. hyaccent

hyaccent IncGamers Member

i just tried my hammerdin out..i could get the organs but when it comes to trist i got murdered badly i dont think any hammerdin could do it as easy as a smiter can

5. kingdryland

kingdryland IncGamers Member

Pure Hammerdins can be converted into effective antiuber smiters,with slight change of gear.It has been discussed numerous times before.

6. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

You could also try a Vanquisher, smite/hammer hybrid. Look for this name on the guides. Not cheap though. Also, a FoHer is called Templar, but is basically a PvP build.

7. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

I say leave Pit running to the Bowazons. :p

But yeah, you can convert a hammerdin to a uber smiter with some (not slight) gear changes.

8. FireIsForBadKids

FireIsForBadKids IncGamers Member

Hammers will own minions but not really hurt ubers, i tried once, it was horrid

9. Bjam

Bjam IncGamers Member

I agree with bladewind that a Bowazon is a far faster pit runner to any Paladin. However, you can get far more MF gear on a Hammerdin without greatly affecting power and survivability. I only run the pits for socketables, so I use a Bowazon exclusively.

You could handle all key collection duties and Uber killing with a Vanquisher. I think you have enough wealth to make one, if you are willing to trade out a SoJ to do it. Collecting keys/organs/torches can build wealth rather quicky, so you can use that to equip a Bowazon or simply buy the other items you want.

10. safetypro

safetypro IncGamers Member

I've tried several builds in the pits and must say that the perfect MF/ability to handle mix for me has been the Hammerdin. A Hammerdin would be a good choice as it sounds from your description that you have several of the key equipment choices used by the Hammerdin:
    I'd switch out the Trolls nest for a pally shield Spirit or HoZ. Throw in a HOTO, magefist, travs and pally amulet and you'd be in great shape.
    I've not tried the hammerdin in Uber Trist but as you can see from other responses, there are equipment changes that can be made so that a Hammerdin can run it.
    I like the idea of creating a second character, posed in one of the above responses, to do the uber runs. A 1 point smiter is an excellent Uber Runner and IMHO, one of the funnest builds to play with. Kingdryland (who also responded in your thread) has an excellent guide on making such a build and as he points out in his guide, you can build a powerful uber runner cost effectively.
    Hope my humble 2 cents helps in your decision:)
    safetypro

11. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

I haven't tested out all these possibilities but I can really recommend a Dreamer using a 4fpa Zeal in the pits... Kills anything in the pits REALLY fast (boss packs in seconds, stray fallen often die of the aura...)

Total cost: 2x Jah + 1-2 Ist should cover both Dreams, and good enough equipment to hit last Zeal bp without making any bad prioritations.

12. niner

niner IncGamers Member

Make hammy to level 80, run chaos santuary and kill diablo 100 times to gain wealth.

Equip 2nd melee zeal/smiter ghetto items.

Use hammy to get keys/furnace and ghetto pimp to do the other uber bosses,tristram.

Cheapest easiest way with what u have already.

I would think it takes longer dying all the time unless you spent the time/wealth to make a char that can do it all.

13. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Easier to find socketables than mf for good crap.
    I find elite items ALL the time in Pits.

As for hammerdin switch.

Grief phase blade
    Draculs grasp
    Guilimare's face
    Goreriders

Smite with Concentration on.
    That is enough. You will smite slower (7 frame) so be prepped to guzzle some rejuvs until LT kicks in. After that its a cakewalk.