Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PIs and Curse

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Ulric, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

PIs and Curse

Has anyone else noticed that when PIs are cursed with Amp Dam, that they lose their PI status? I was fighting a PI Boss and when he got cursed, Physical Immune under his name disappeared, and when the curse lifted, it reappeared.

Ulric

2. Djinni

Djinni IncGamers Member

Yep, well spotted :)

You might also like to know that lower resist curse has the same effect on alot of elemental immunes, this also works with the paladins conviction aura. I've noticed that some elemental immunities are unbreakable... doom kinghts in hell for instance, but maybe even these will cave in to a necromancer & paladin double teaming on them

3. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

P immunity can negates by AD or Dec curses (there are some exceptions between s-uniques).
    LR curse can in many cases make immuna monsters wulnerable to elemental attcks.
    I dont think that Convinction aura alone can do anything against immunities. It can help though after casting LR, when immunity is broken allready.

4. Ulric

Ulric IncGamers Member

Looks like Necro Pally Sorc Combo rocks... I would love to see them work together.

5. sangfagel

That´s correct... And if you can find a preatty sorc girl to make you company... oh, oh, oh - poor monsters :(

6. Djinni

Djinni IncGamers Member

Sangfagel, conviction can break almost all hell immunitys, although i think it is capped at -140% enemy resists.

Everything through act1-3 is broken & only the doom knight style monster of act 4 retains its immunity to fire. As for act 5, I imagine there will be much more than just 1 monster type although I've not wandered around it too much with my paladin yet.

7. Christopher Sin

Christopher Sin IncGamers Member

I think it depends on how much resistances the enemy has. If the enemy has 100% or above resistance to a certain type of damage, it will show them as being immune.

IIRC, Amp Damage is -100 physical resistances and Decrep is -50. So if a monster has 165% physical resistance, Amp damage will knock it down to 65% and break the immune. Decrep would only knock it down to 115%, and the immunity would still be there.

I don't know if specific immunities(i.e cold immune on Yetis) are unbreakable, or if their resistance is set so high that it would be virtually impossible to break. Conviction + Lower Resist + Cold Mastery would be interesting though.. :lol:

8. sangfagel

Hmm... Interesting, thx for correction. I have a zealot using conviction lvl25 aura - mainly for def reduce and for party casters of course. I never bothered about lower res effets that much. I red somewhere that it can´t break immunities and I belived it was true... OK - one more missconception is gone :)

9. Loboleal

Loboleal IncGamers Member

Yes, that's true. Above or equal to 100% a monster is immune to that attack.

That's not true. Every skill that can break immunities (Amp, Decrep, Conviction, Lower Resist) works at 1/5 effectiveness vs immunes. So a monster with 165% Physical Resistance will remain immune if Amped (165 - (100/5)) = 145% (still immune)

That is what is happening with certain cold immune monsters. Its resist is too high than it can be broken by a single break-immunity skill.

10. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

plus you gotta account for if something is "element" enchanted....you just not gonna be able to break that immunity ..you get a blood lord boss whos already has like 160% cold res in hell now gets 235% cold res if hes cold enchanted... element enchanted = 75% resistance of that element added to their base res. Sux sometimes. Thank god for mercs :)

Edit: Code reading has found a -100% resistance cap on monsters...You're gonna have to ask the forum mods about that one...I only read the results somewhere