"Pink Fire" is nothing!!!

butchtroll

Diabloii.Net Member
"Pink Fire" is nothing!!!

I hate to be the last to find out and think I am the first, BUT I have looked and looked and I have not found a reference to this... I have found a way to completley nullify Diablos "Pink Fire" Anyone interested?

nubikoen

Diabloii.Net Member
I usually just stand on top of Diablo. That way you won't get hit.

If you're found another way, by all means post it.

Cheers

Edit.

I don't know if it's ever been posted before btw. I suppose it's just one of those things that everyone assumes everybody else also know about.

Fluffballer

Diabloii.Net Member
That trick doesn't work in Normal though. Max blocking and max LR are the tickets (I'm almost certain it's half physical and half lightning damage.) I kinda wish that trick didn't work at all, the game's namesake is a pushover past normal.

Cygnus

Diabloii.Net Member
That trick doesn't work in Normal though. Max blocking and max LR are the tickets (I'm almost certain it's half physical and half lightning damage.) I kinda wish that trick didn't work at all, the game's namesake is a pushover past normal.
Sigh... I get my tourney enchantress killed by NM diablo, and now I hear he's a pushover. :cry:

How do you "stand on top of Diablo"? I'm quite sure even if you go melee, he still uses his fire and lightning attacks.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
How do you "stand on top of Diablo"? I'm quite sure even if you go melee, he still uses his fire and lightning attacks.
I'm also really curious about this as I've spent the last 5 or so years running around and away from him.

-hps

Diabloii.Net Member
I never had problems with diablo . If im playing a ranged character , then running isnt a problem for me. It only takes a bit longer. If im melee just whack him till he dies.

Denton

Diabloii.Net Member
The point with standing "on top" of Diablo, or rather really close, closer than the range of most melee weapons, is that the pink/red lightning misses altogether because the start of the lightning stream is not in the center of Diablo, but instead at his hands, so the starting point of the stream is actually behind you when close enough.

If I remember correctly, angle affects this also. For example, if you're below him, it's pretty hard to get in the blind spot of the lightning attack. It works best on either side or above Diablo.

The "trick" going close enough is to first click behind Diablo to start running/walking past him, but when you're very close to him, press Shift(stand still + attack) while keeping either attack button pressed, this way the character stops there and if it's timed right, character will stop right next to Diablo in a blind spot where the lightning won't hit at all. All of his other attacks will still be able to hit though.

crazy_bear

Diabloii.Net Member
T-God's vigor does the trick as well.

When using a sorc I usually tele onto him directly. His physical attack isn't that nasty but if the fire resists aren't up then I have to tele away again if he uses his firestorm type attack.

CB

sirpoopsalot

Diabloii.Net Member
The animation for this attack is also quite slow. Once you learn to recognize it, it becomes easier to 'get a jump' on Diablo and start your evasive actions before he starts spitting out his "Lightning Breath of Death" (IIRC, I've heard it called that multiple times).

Typically I have 20+FR/W, 75+ Lightning resist, and super-sized red potions - then I just run in circles around bigD when he uses this attack, and drink a potion or 2 as necessary. This is the time to play defensively.