Pindlethon 3

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
lol yep, but who would offer such boots in an auction?
Well I was trying to build up a vanilla stash from nothing. I am sorry I didn't get you anything better. At least you can sell them to Charsi.

Psywire

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I was trying to build up a vanilla stash from nothing. I am sorry I didn't get you anything better. At least you can sell them to Charsi.
lol nah they're actually not bad-- my Hammerdin is using them. Great Vs Gloams. :D

@omgwtfbbqpwned: cheers! :thumbsup:

Dornak

Diabloii.Net Member
My first ever SoJ (/sob) has been sent.

Congrats on winning Psywire.

Also, special thanks to Hrus for hosting the tourney

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
My first ever SoJ (/sob) has been sent.

Congrats on winning Psywire.

Also, special thanks to Hrus for hosting the tourney
Why didn't you protect it then?

I could've protected my Death Cleaver, but knew I would use the IKSC (IK Barb) so I protected it...

I'm glad I did, because SOMEONE loves their IKSCs (5 of them :shocked:)

LoL :tongue:

Dornak

Diabloii.Net Member
Why didn't you protect it then?

I could've protected my Death Cleaver, but knew I would use the IKSC (IK Barb) so I protected it...

I'm glad I did, because SOMEONE loves their IKSCs (5 of them :shocked:)

LoL :tongue:
Same reason as you. I was building an IK barb so needed to keep my IKSC.

Psywire

Diabloii.Net Member
@Dornak & HolyPade: Thanks! Your items have been recieved.
Much appreciated :D

Here is the current list of recieved items...

1. Skinny - recieved
2. Nazgarok - recieved
3. Lachen - recieved
4. Atrius - recieved
5. Mursillis - recieved
6. AJK - recieved
7. Aerwynd - recieved
8. Scwormy - recieved
9. Jrlafrance - recieved
10. Sirpoopsalot - recieved
11. Moar - recieved
12. Milb - recieved
13. Nubikoen - recieved
14. Hepcat - recieved
15. Tasdaz - recieved
16 Nebux - recieved
17. Xduckster - recieved
18. DX-Crawler - Griffon's Eye (+13/-16)
19. Tigereye - recieved
20. Fists of Legend - Death Cleaver (ethereal)
21. Dornak - recieved
22. Thyiad - recieved
23. Hrus - recieved
24. Chrischar - recieved
25. Crazymatt1 - recieved
26. Ohomemgrande - recieved
27. Jjsucd - recieved
28. Jaedhann - recieved
29. Naab - recieved
30. Corrupted - recieved
31. HappyHrt - recieved
32. Hoop76 - recieved
33. HolyPade - recieved
34. Hamburger - Griswold's Honor
35. Dark Matter - recieved
36. Wilypueo - recieved
37. Frozen Orb - Nightwings Veil (11%)
38. Saucy - recieved
39. Phosheez - recieved
40. Zen - Andariel's Visage

Please Let me know if i've made a mistake somewhere. Much appreciated!

@Aerwynd: lol, yep- green sacred armour is very sexy. (as with SoJ)
HR is even more sexy, but I can't seem to find any above Vex...sigh.

@Jaedhann: recieved! Cheers :D

Hamburger

Diabloii.Net Member
My time is limited today...I will send you the shield tomorrow :grin:

Congrats on the win!

(and thanks for choosing the only non-grailer from my list! I have 2 more griswold's shields :laugh: )

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
6-8hrs?? But leveling them to 25 takes so long :undecided:
haha and chances are, all 7 will be Lem! Do you think HF or LK is better?
If I'm not mistaken, you could get seven hels, or did they change the drops of the hell hellforge?

I did not compete in this tourney, but am now doing a massive amount of Pindleruns with my Meteorb, and am just curious. I'm going to check the results posts, but nevertheless, how many set/unique tc87's did each of you find?

I'm a bit disappointed that in the 432 I did so far I found none. Not always, but most of the time I check each drop also for being a failed set/unique, and although I had some, none of the ones I saw where tc87. I did find a few grailies though (Silks Of The Victor, Stormshield, Hellrack, M'avina's Embrace) and one high rune so far (Lem), with the latter I'm not disappointed (I found a total of nine runes so far). I started with 247/372 MF, although I only started using the switch from run 70, from run 101 I'm running with 403/528, after looting stashes and other characters for MF equipment.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Sir Lister of Smeg, I believe it was posted earlier in this thread but the chances to find a unique TC87 are 1:1000 Pindleskin runs, or something close. Personally I was right on the money with that average, but also founds some set TC87s.

Gargoyle's Bite (still can't believe this is TC87)
Stormspire

Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian x3
IK Soul Cage
Natalya's Mark

So you can't get discouraged after 400+ runs, you need quite a few more to find anything of TC87 value, and even then it might not be quite what you are looking for. See the Elite Runners thread for how many Pindleskin runs some people do for a specific item.

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Sir Lister of Smeg, I believe it was posted earlier in this thread but the chances to find a unique TC87 are 1:1000 Pindleskin runs, or something close. Personally I was right on the money with that average, but also founds some set TC87s.

Gargoyle's Bite (still can't believe this is TC87)
Stormspire

Bul-Kathos' Tribal Guardian x3
IK Soul Cage
Natalya's Mark

So you can't get discouraged after 400+ runs, you need quite a few more to find anything of TC87 value, and even then it might not be quite what you are looking for. See the Elite Runners thread for how many Pindleskin runs some people do for a specific item.
Thanks, I'm not looking for specific TC87's, except that I'd prefer them to be those I don't have yet (aka not IKSC and death's fathom). Just after posting I did indeed start counting from the results posted by various people, to get some idea of the chances. Although I only took a small sample, to be exactly, the results posts from Dornak on 27.10 upto (inclusive) Corrupted on 30.10, I got some idea as to the order of number of runs I need to expect to find a tc87 set/unique. I got to about 584 runs for a single tc87 set/unique, but did not check whether the used MF percentages were higher or lower than mine. I just assumed I would be about average. Of course it can happen that I won't find a single TC87 in all the tuns I do in the rest of my life, or that every run from now on yields two tc87's. Since the number of runs is finite, both the events have a positive probability, only if I would be able to do an infinite number of runs would both of the events become impossible.

Ohomemgrande

Diabloii.Net Member
Interesting Pindle 3 Statistics

Here are some interesting statistics on the Pindle 3 results:

For everyone that completed 2000 runs + the one person that was 30 runs short:

The average number of runs/qualifier was 51 +/- 9 (1s) (29 data points)
With all participants, that was 55 +/- 13 (1s) (46 data points). That sample contained 1 participant that was an outlier from the distribution in their results (28 runs/qualifier). Probably just got a lucky run since their # of runs was so small.

The most interesting thing was looking for a correlation between MF% and qualifiers.

For the set of data of those that completed 1970 runs and greater, there was absolutely no correlation between MF% and number of qualifiers. Zero. The best fit line through a plot of MF vs Runs/SU was flat and looked like a shotgun spray. Of course, this result was somewhat weighed down by the person with 900 MF% and very few S/U's. Even throwing that point out, the correlation was not statistically significant but it did show a slight trend of 3-5 fewer runs/qualifier when going from 300% to 700%.

It would have been interesting to see total S/U's in addition to just the qualifiers in the future.

-Jason

RibGriller

Diabloii.Net Member
Great work OGrande! I was thinking of doing something similar, but HW has been killing me. Have you thought of running some stats on TC84's and above vs. MF%? That might turn out some kind of positive slope on the best fit line.

Tigereye

Diabloii.Net Member
Great work OGrande! I was thinking of doing something similar, but HW has been killing me. Have you thought of running some stats on TC84's and above vs. MF%? That might turn out some kind of positive slope on the best fit line.
If you are doing something like this, I would try using the effictive MF and doing it for the set and unique seperatly. You would get less statistic ( splitting up in set and unique) but there is a lot of diminishing return on MF.

MF_Set= MF*500/(MF+500)
MF_Unique=MF*250/(MF+250)