Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindleskin Sucks

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by hoidoimenoi, Jun 15, 2005.

1. hoidoimenoi

hoidoimenoi Banned

Pindleskin Sucks

I have done 26 Hours worth of pindleskin running. I started because Fodder said TC87s can be dropped off him. In the 26 hours of pindle running I have done so far... Not a single TC87 has dropped. I have never seen a TC87 drop in my life... I didn't find a thing that was good except some cruel 40%IAS Throwing Knives and gloves with 20%IAS and charges of lvl 5 weaken. I am debating about going back to Mephisto. Though now the game isn't fun because I know that mephisto can't drop TC87s. And I can't do baal runs because I was too lazy to lvl a might merc. I play a Meteorb Sorc. And over the time being I have come to the conclusion that pindleskin just hates me... I have 2 TC87s in posetion right now and both were given... and they are both nat's claws :(. Pindle isn't fun, people who are debating about running him. I run him on Fodder's comp though so I am debating about putting a sign on his computer that reads, "This computer is cursed... use of this machine may lead to extreme unhappiness and horrid luck"

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well how much MF and how fast do you run him?
    And if youve never seen a TC87 drop, that shows how rare they are from any monster. Pindle himself only has average odds compared to other SU's, its just hat you can run him easily and very very quick.
    Mephesto is probably the best for getting most items, but he doesnt have good odds of dropping high end TC's, and cannot drop any TC87's.

3. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

1. Pits
    2. Ancient Tunnels
    3. River of Flame
    4. Lower Kurast

Anyway I remember Hrus did an experiment with pindle about map seeds. In 1000 runs, he got one TC87. IIRC it was Bul'Katho's Sacred Charge.

4. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

How much Magic Find are you wearing. Because Pindle is very good at dropping nice stuff it require some patience. But it seems like you have some patience and that's good.

When you say he haven't drop any TC87 for 26 hours I find that very hard to believe, but I'm sure you mean Elite unique or set. White, grey, blue and yellow items can also be TC 87 not only the unique or set ones. I'm sure some of those have dropped for you, all you need is Magic Find and some good luck and the items will come to you

DX

5. LeorictheDark

LeorictheDark IncGamers Member

I have had a pretty decent experiance with Pindle. I've run him for about 5 hrs at 20 - 40 sec per run and he gave me Aldur's Armor, Tal's Armor, Halaberds Reign, and some others including my first shako. Not in the TC87 range but all semi rare useful stuff. Just keep at it. Good things will come.

6. adeadrat

adeadrat IncGamers Member

if you run him say 100 times in an hour, that 2600 runs. Say you are running at 500 mf. Not seeing a unique/set tc87 in this time is very possible, albiet unlikey. Remember they are supposed to be rare. However, i would have seen at least one, maybe two or three in this time. Eventually the game will give in and reward you with a nice streak. I'm sure someone could post some statistics. Patience, young grasshopper.

7. hoidoimenoi

hoidoimenoi Banned

I am running with 307 mf and doing them at 20 spr (seconds per run) I am not messing around.

8. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

That's pretty low MF for a Pindle runner. Try running him with 500 or so (pretty easy to achieve).

9. farting bob

farting bob Banned

I just think your being unlucky (you did mean not a single TC87 unique/set, not just any TC87 right?), although you cant judge pindle on only TC87 drops, he provided me with about half my grail items (others coming from mainly questing and baal, bit of meph) so far, although this year ive done 25k+runs using mainly a blizz sorc with 600MF.

10. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

I bet, you had triple durability lacquered plates and triple durability spiderweb sashes. Not to mention, double durability legendary malllets...

11. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

26 hours... damn man. You did at least see white, blue and yellow TC87 right? If you did, you should keep up hope. A gold one will drop sometime.

I saw a yellow diadem today. I couldn't help but wonder if I need more MF...

12. essojay

essojay IncGamers Member

Actually, the MF is probably fine where it is (after a few hundred%, additional MF adds very little chance to get uniques/sets/whatnot). Don't sacrifice your running time for a bit more MF. Just have patience. :thumbsup:

13. dune6836

dune6836 IncGamers Member

i used to run pindle with my lightning javazon at players3, and she was good at it.
    then i discovered that my glacial spike/blizz sorc can run him faster at players8 with 526mf.
    i have killed him 1000's of times. i usually break the monotony of it by shopping lazak for echoing swords, killing andi once in a while, adding a tunnel run every 50 pindle runs or so, or getting shenk and the other chappy up there.
    i have had a fair few unique tc87's drop. i reckon on average for one decent (if not tc87) drop per 100 runs.
    the exp is also good from pindle at players8, even at clvl91 i notice some movement in the exp bar.
    dont give up on him, your luck will change.

14. farting bob

farting bob Banned

True, it does deminish rapidly, but with 307MF he has 137% better chance of unqiues, wheras at 500MF its 166%. so its not noticable, but with most good pindle running builds, the speed shouldnt drop by more than a few seconds on P1 in full MF gear. MF charms arwe a great source, as are Mf weapons/shileds on switch. switch it at the last minute and if you have something like ali baba and a good MF shield, it'll definitely help.

15. hoidoimenoi

hoidoimenoi Banned

On switch I have a rhyme and and a ali already. My ali has 2 MF jewels in it too. I have seen a metalgrid and a highlord's wrath drop off meph in the same drop and yet I haven't seen a TC87 and yes btw I see Blue tc87s al the time... blue :( . I saw a blue unearthed wand yesterday that depressed me....

16. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Umm, I could be wrong, but I don't think the players setting makes a whole lot of difference in Pindle running. Though I suppose the exp would be a nice bonus and the extra HP wouldn't mean a whole lot to a Blizz sorc.

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

the psettings doesnt effect pindle's drop, but it does effect EXP as normal, and minion no-drop chances.

18. hoidoimenoi

hoidoimenoi Banned

Nope the player setting doesn't change the chance of finding high TC lvl items. I checked after I read a fourm on it. Plus I am using a Meteorb sorc not bliz :thumbsup:

19. cft

cft IncGamers Member

26 hours does sound like a lot to not get anything good from Pindleskin.

Though that depends on what you alraedy have. If you only need TC87s, then maybe thats the only thing you consider good. In which case, it will be hard to get something from him.

Pindles "average" drop stinks. He can drop some very nice things, but his chances are not that great. The only thing that makes him such a target for runs is that he's very convenient to get to, and he's pretty easy for some builds to take out quickly.

I've been lucky, I have a WF from Pindle. I've also run him a lot. Basically I find Pindle runs are better experience than Meph runs, from about 75-85.

20. MeMyselfAndI

MeMyselfAndI IncGamers Member

A newbie question

what is a tc 87?