Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindleskin Runs?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Sessily, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Pindleskin Runs?

Does anyone still do them? Is there any points? Can he drop every item? If not, can you tell me which ones?

I'm thinking of starting again..

by the way - I've no interest in doing the pits, so please don't reccomend it as an alternative.

2. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

yeh he can drop ALOT..not sure about everything though..adn if ur patient u could have fun with him :)

3. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

He can't drop Tyrael's Might,Archanid Mesh and Azurewrath.

4. MithrandirX

MithrandirX IncGamers Member

Listen, there is this great new place to MF! It's called the pit, and is located in the Tamoe Highland just off the road. I would definitely reccomend it as an alternative to Pindleskin.

Good luck!
    Mith

5. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Shush fattie.

6. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

I was wondering the same thing. I did an hour of Pindle runs the other day, did them so fast that my sorc leveled from 81 - 83 just from pindle. I had ~ 450 mf, but the only thing keepable I found was 1 Naj Plate. (And I keep almost everything). He rarely dropped any elite items. Most of the time were normal rares.

Ahhhhhh.

7. zanex

zanex IncGamers Member

He gave me Bonehew, and his pack gave me Harlequin Crest and Buriza-Do Kyanon. When I play I always start with eldrich -> shenk -> pindle

8. c64flash

c64flash IncGamers Member

I do different runs with different characters:

Eldritch-Shenk-Pindle with javazon
    Mephisto with sorc
    Pit with paladin, sorc, necro
    Baal with paladin, necro

And yes, Pindle still drops about the same as in 1.09 is my experience, best find for me is a 4 socket Gris caddie.

Good luck !

9. Bonesman

Bonesman IncGamers Member

dude is your avatar two guys?

10. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

I'm almost certain it is

11. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

That's pretty ***.

12. --=={Bob}==--

--=={Bob}==-- IncGamers Member

Here to clear up some things about Pindleskin.

Yes he can drop every item from 1.09 and lower, the new Elite and uniques they forgot to add to pindle or intentionally didn't, who knows.

As for drops, compared to Meph, pindle drops 80% less items for every run, so before Pindle was the best and easyest place to mf, but u needed alot of patience.
    But since 1.10 pindle isn't as popular as it was, since with the new Synergies, it's sometimes not that hard to do Baalruns and here are some other very good mf spots, which U stated are not of ur interest, but if u wanna mf, I recommend changing ur attitude towards those areas :

Act 1 - Pit Level 1 (Few Undead; Any Immunity; ~6 Boss Packs)
    Act 1 - Pit Level 2 (Few Undead; Any Immunity; ~2 Boss Packs)
    Act 1 - Mausoleum (Undead; ONLY Lightning Immunes; ~4 Boss Packs, at the Burial grounds)

Act 2 - Ancient Tunnels (Undead; NO Cold Immunes; ~6 Boss Packs, somewhere in the lots city)

There are alot more in higher acts, but these are the best to mf in for safety reasons.
    These are all lvl 85 areas, which means the normal monsters are all up to TC 83-84.
    All Uniques and champion types are from TC 85-86, these can drop everything, the normal monsters still have a better TC then Mephisto hell btw.

And when playing in an open game with lots of people, normal monsters and mayb champion/fanatic types (not sure of this) drop more weapons the more players in the game, DOES NOT work on Unique monsters.
    Hope this helps ;)

Greetz,

--=={Bob}==--

13. bin_ary

bin_ary IncGamers Member

Never even considered the Ancient tunnels to be a spot to mf , mayb ill give thema try , don't want to waste my 550 mf

14. psyadam

psyadam IncGamers Member

So far I did 3 ancient tunnels runs and found nothing. Of course that's not enough to say that there might not be hidden treasures just waiting to be found there. So far my best luck has been with Pindle, Meph, Worldstone, and Andy. ~psy

Note: My sorc is a lightning/cold sorc, and the pit just seems to have too many archers and lightning immunes. If I were a fire sorc I would definately run it, but because I'm not I personally despise the pit.

15. Vladicus

Vladicus IncGamers Member

3= Nothing
    30= Maybe Something
    300= Definately Something

16. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

The Pit is majorly overrated.

Pindle leveled me from 78-89 in a few days, and I got countless uniques. 25 seconds a run from entering to exit. People who do Pit runs are brainwashed into thinking the "uber lewt" is just waiting for them. Think about it. Pit run, 5-6 minutes. Maybe 8? boss packs, at 1 chance at an extremely good item from the unique. Pindleskin, 30 seconds, 2 chances of an extremely good item. That's 4 chances per minute. Up from the 1.2 from Pit runs. Sure, you won't find Tyreals Might, Azurewrath, or Arachnids, but if you want those items, Meph [for Arachs] or Baal would be MUCH quicker.

17. UserMathias

UserMathias IncGamers Member

Did about 30 runs, all i got was a goldwrap. (I wont bother mentioning the rest).
    My friend found a shako. :wow:

:rant:

18. conan

conan IncGamers Member

The Pit isnt over rated, its just a little harder for weak builds, If you cant hack it stick to those lightning-dropless-pindle-runs, stick to what you can deal with=)

19. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

Nice assumptions. My strafe-a-zon can clear the pit in under 5 minutes with full 350% MF, Pindle drops better. A friend of mine did 7 Pindleruns this morning, Ik Armor and a Lower Resist staff. Strange, isn't it?

20. conan

conan IncGamers Member

This last week i have found 2x set Sacred 1x Set laquered, 1x GF, 1x COA, 1x eth 6 soc Zerker in the OVERRATED pits(ohm in the Tamoe highlands), while killing eldritch shenk and pindle (they didnt give up jack shjt BTW) Strange isnt it?