Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindleskin runner build

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Spook_Cell, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Pindleskin runner build

So I would like to know what sorc build would be best suited to running Pindleskin. I already have my hammerdin but Pindle isn't very kind to him. Is Meteor/Orb better or Lit/Orb or something else? Thx for any help.

2. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I would go with a pure lightning sorceress. I have had very little problems with one element. I would just get a powerful weapon for your mercenary. Pindleskin does not stand a chance one on one with a mercenary (unless he is extra strong, extra fast, and cursed).

That is my suggestion. However, I have heard wonderful praises about the frozen orb/meteor. :thumbsup:

3. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

I would agree.. the Pure Lightning Sorceress I have going vs Pindle can take him out fairly fast, and if he is LI (which happens about 1/5 games... haven't really put much recording into the matter though) my merc just stabs him a few times and pindle drops dead

4. Jezzwashere

Jezzwashere Banned

blizz sorc.... nuf saidd

5. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

LF Zon is the best Pindler hands down.
    My zon can do a run in 25 seconds with 400 MF and thats without many MF charms. Sorcs may get higher MF, but nothing compares to the speed of a LF Zon.

Sam

6. TekkaZeroX

I can do Pindleskin in 25 seconds with 894 mf. It goes to around 45 seconds if Pindleskin is lightning immune. :)

7. SincereX13

SincereX13 IncGamers Member

Every tricked out character can do a Pindle run in under 30 seconds (assuming you don't pick up and ID rares and such). My Zealot can easily do them at around 30 seconds (give or take 5) w/ my merc getting the kill 80% of the time, giving me 800 MF. So in my opinion, its a matter of finding a character that you can tollerate the most minotanous of MF runs in the game.

8. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

Tekka, what skill setup do you have?
    I have a pure Lightning Sorc, but it takes her a while to do Pindle, what skills do you use?

Sam

9. TekkaZeroX

lvl. 91 pure lightning sorceress skill allocation:

20 Charged Bolt
    20 Lightning
    20 Chain Lightning
    16 Nova
    1 Teleport
    1 Warmth
    1 Thunderstorm
    1 Frozen Armor
    1 in all prerequisites

My equipment is:

Tal Rasha's Guardianship /w p topaz (112%)
    Tal Rasha's Fine Spun Cloth (15%)
    Tal Rasha's Adjudication (65% with 3 items of set)

Blade of Ali Baba clvl 90 (90% + 60% (Ist, Ist))
    War Traveler (47%)
    Harlequin Crest /w p topaz (74%)
    Chance Guards (40%)
    2x Nagelring (30% & 29%)
    Gheed's Fortune (40%)

Rhyme Luna (25%)
    12x 7% smfc (84%)
    5x 6% smfc (36%)
    5x 5% smfc (25%)
    3x 4% smfc (12%)
    1x 10% gmfc (10%)

1x Sparking Grand Charm of Life
    1x Horadric Cube

My ACT II lv. 90 Defensive Mercenary equipment

Tomb Reaver (79% with two empty sockets)
    Harlequin Crest /w p topaz (74 %)
    Skullder's Ire /w p topaz (112% + 24%)

I use Lightning to take out Pindleskin. It is around 1-9.4k damage and can kill Pindleksin at players 1 in a couple of shots. Chain Lightning is just too slow to kill Pindleskin. That may be your problem.

Also, if I change to my second hand that has the Occulus and Lidless Wall, I can do 1-14k damage. :)

BTW, this is my brother's build. He wanted me to use this build for the greater mf than my Fury/FrostMaiden. My build would have no where near as much mf, because of the lack of an isted blade of ali baba.

10. Spook_Cell

Second time today you've posted that Tekka, maybe you should save it in a text file :lol: .

11. TekkaZeroX

I already have. ;)

12. Spook_Cell

You're a wily one, always two steps ahead :worship: .

13. TekkaZeroX

Thanks! :lol:

Spook, if you have any interest in the lightning sorceress build I showed. I could lend you my sorceress for you to test.

14. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

I just started a lightning sorc, and I was looking at using CL as the main skill, with T-Storm as a "peppering" skill. My end-game skill setup was looking like this:

10 Charged Bolt
    10 Lightning
    20 Chain Lightning
    1 Static Field
    1 Nova
    20 Thunder Storm
    1 Telekinesis
    1 Teleport
    20 Lightning Mastery
    10 Energy Shield

She's at level 15 at the moment...I like the idea of making her a Meph/Pindle runner...what do you guys think?

Steve

15. TekkaZeroX

For a pure lightning sorceress, you may find the damage is not high. T-storm and lightning do not offer each other synergy. However, it might be a fun build to play. Lightning, Chain Lightning, and Charged Bolt all offer each other synergy. Nova offers synergy for the previous three skills, but they do not offer any for it.

Expect chain lightning to only give 1-2k damage and Thunder storm to only give 700-1100 damage with no extra skill levels. With my setup and no extra skill levels, my sorceress primary lightning damage is 1-5.6k damage and my chain lightning is 1-3.4k. Do what you will with those numbers.

These damage were listed by a very nice skill planner dealing with synergy, but it is illegal to post here (because of its other content).

16. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

You were right, I was using CL to kill Pindle, but I have since seen the error of my ways :bonk:
    Btw, our builds/equipment are EXACTLY the same and the Mercs gear is the same except mine uses a Eth Stealskull /w P Topaz over a Harley, great minds think alike I guess :D

Sam

17. TekkaZeroX

That was what I thought. Chain Lightning on the surface looks like the best lightning skill, but Lightning is better (my brother taught me that :) ). I wish you the best of luck with your new Pindleskinner. :)

However, I am shocked to see our equipment is the same, except for our merc's helms. I guess great minds do think alike.

18. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

what Jezzwashere said!!

my blizzysorc kills pindle and his dudes at players 8(for exp and better minions drop) with ~3 blizzards
    haven´t tried that light sorc everyone seems to talk about though.

but as someone said, almost any char can do pindle FAST.

My bonecaster with maxed CE kills pindle and his minions and the garden monsters in just a CE or 2 once first monster is dead (1 or 2 spears)

haven´t tried lightzon but they are probarbly one of the best.

19. boogied6

boogied6 IncGamers Member

yes i have a lightning sorc as well. with 200 mf her chain does 1-8000 and lit does 5-19900. the only other tree i used was warmth. i will say it is hard to mat them but once you do and you mf with them, you can do pretty much anything. none of baals minions are lit immune, all act bosses have no immunities, eldritch and shenk's minions are not. thresh is usually not, pindle's guys arent. pretty much anything not lit immune dies so quick that your merc (if properly equiped) can take them out.

the skills you want to max are this

Lightning
    Chain Lightning
    Charged Bolt
    Lightning Mastery
    Nova
    then one in prereqs and one point wonders

before lvl 30 pump both lightning and chain. once you hit 30 max lightning mastery becuase it increases all litghning skills then you go mack and max the others. t storm is good but only as one point.

key equipment pretty much standard sorc equip with the exception of the helm this is the helm for all lightning sorcs

Griffon's Eye
    Diadem
    Defense: 150-260 (varies)(Base Defense: 50-60)
    Required Level: 76
    Durability: 20
    +100-200 Defense (varies)
    +1 To All Skills
    +25% Faster Cast Rate
    -15-20% To Enemy Lightning Resistance (varies)
    +10-15% To Lightning Skill Damage (varies)
    (Ladder Only)
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later) *taken from arreats summit*

you will not believe how much this helps. when i run meph on players 3 and i switched to my harlys it took entirely too long but when i put this back on mephs life just dropped. i would say any where before act 3 a harlys would be good enough, but after i would strongly recommend that griffens eye

that is pretty much all i have to say if any one has any questions let me know

20. chiam_ace

chiam_ace IncGamers Member

I've been running Pindleskin lately with my now lvl87 too-lazy-to-be-patriach hammerdin and it's kinda dangerous coz my hp gets incredibly low when I get charged. Sometimes I even die. I guess hammerdins are not so ideal anyway.