Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindleskin (Normal) Runs: 26-50

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Llathias, Apr 23, 2005.

1. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Pindleskin (Normal) Runs: 26-50

this second round was more productive in terms of experience (as the gap between the monsters and the character closed). From 0.7 in lvl 32 to 0.3 in lvl 37 :) items are not very good though... well, i guess i gotta run Meph or Baal for the low lvl uniques :( Enough of "uhh... a coward's hiding place", and i'm moving on. at least i'm 7 lvls higher than when i started these runs! :clap:

the runs were made in /players 1 setting, with 97% MF. most corpses were horked with lvl 4-5 Find Item.

Milagreba's Orb
    Angelic Mantle

+1 barbarian skills sword
    +1 paladin skills, +10 max dmg circlet
    +1 amazon skills, 4% life leech, 18-25 dmg short war bow

ps. any more suggestions for my still buildless barb? would WW really be tough untwinked? IK would be very difficult (if not impossible) to collect, and i have like 80 points in dex for max block. Iron Barbs are popular but i don't think i have the patience to take 'em on one by one. i rather like to get into the middle of fray and kill many at once (war cry seemed godly when i got myself surrounded).

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

25 normal pindle runs really isnt going to get you anything good. People run pindle (hell) thousands of times, so posting results for 25 runs isnt going to prove anything.
    As for your barb build, WW can be tough without the right equipment. I say your 2 besdt chances are either a concentrate barb (more of a defensive tank-P8-hell-ancients-no-problem kind of build, but slow) or a frenzy barb (kill stuff quick, but lacks defensice with no shield and can get stuck in the same problem as zeal against IM because it hits very fast and does high phys damage.)

3. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

It gives me an interesting idea though... (prepare for highjack...) A tourney actually. HC, untwinked, allowed to repeat areas/run bosses, only allowed to wear gear found in normal difficulty, two week time limit. Details to be worked out by who ever wants to run the thing.

4. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

5. Llathias

Llathias Banned

I was not trying to prove anything with such a smal number of runs anyways. My initial plan was to carry on with these runs, but i'm already starting to get bored of them, and after all, i DID get some usable stuff (1 main weapon and 2 on switch) and 7 levels, making my life easier for the rest of Act 5. Maybe i can continue these runs later...

i'd read the conc/frenzy/zerk/WW guides there before, and now checked the WW guides again. the thing is, they all claim the build to be very effective in Hell, and the even go as far as saying it's their most powerful build. However, they suggest BotD for the weapon! also in this thread WW was initially listed as the most easy barb build, but then moved down as conc/frenzy moved up, so i guess there's an ongoing disagreement with that. i am going to try WW (didn't make one in earlier patches, where i should've). my question is, for those who made a WW barb in 1.10 SP untwinked, was it noticably challenging/difficult/weak in Hell?

ps. i know i myself am getting off topic, but this build question was part of the initial Pindle Run thread (which probably got deleted in the last 2 days), since one of the reasons for doing these runs is to lvl my buildless barb.

6. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

ww without the right gear is very annoying. It's pretty much necessary to hit the last breakpoint and there aren't that many weapons that can do that.

Hijack: that sounds ok for a tournament idea. Maybe make it melee only? :D you could cube a BotD from all those el's you find in normal.