Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindleskin and item generation – bad efficiency for uniques?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ffs, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Owlie

Owlie Diabloii.Net Member

I would be all for it if even just for the novelty. The potential that it might beat (non-nerfed) Pindle is a strong argument, I think.

Had a similar thought Re: Fireball vs. Meteor, but I have no experience with Snapchip.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  2. GalaXyHaXz

GalaXyHaXz Diabloii.Net Member

#embarrassment xD was looking at the .txt file and got the wrong area:
    [​IMG]
    My thoughts exactly. Granted my Snapper sorc is a few patches back, but she can do runs sub-6 seconds. I cast firewall onto Snapchip and then while that's going switch to a LR wand cast and then back to spamming fireball.

Then TK the gold chest before S/E.

3. ffs

ffs Diabloii.Net Member

I do spam FB while Meteor drops (if Snapchip rolls FI/extra FR, Meteor won't one-shot him). Immediately starting to spam FB while skipping Meteor wasn't faster for me. Similar to when I tried Meteor/FB for Nihl running, FB has the issue that it doesn't pass through things in the way. It's AoE is too small to reliably cover him all the time, and from my runs it seemed it was almost always the Meteor that killed him. Admittedly I didn't try with Firewall, but I'd be surprised if it outperformed Meteor/FB in 1.13+ to be honest.

Is that a typo? ;) Or kill time only?

4. GalaXyHaXz

Probably my second best map roll. First one was two teleports shorter.

pharphis, Grape, Owlie and 2 others like this.
  5. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Snapchipathon is required.

Grape, Zyr, Ashenshugar and 4 others like this.
  6. ffs

ffs Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the vid @GalaXyHaXz, good stuff – 1.08 makes a big difference for sure, but great demonstration in any case! If it wasn't for your S&E lag, you'd be looking at Sorc efficiency on the same level as the most efficient documented AT runs. The guest monsters in current patch make him much more challenging ofc. But also more fun to run. Actually I guess they are another big reason for me to always drop the Meteor... The need to reposition to avoid Dolls or Witch projectiles occurs once every 5 runs or so, spamming FB simply doesn't work in those scenarios. :rolleyes:

Speaking of S&E lag, anyone else has that running Snapchip? I know this is an issue for many Nihl runners on Windows.

I'd be interested in that for real. :)

EDIT: Some current-patch gameplay for reference. ~13.5s runs (ignoring chest) in this session with sub-optimal map and sort of random build and gear. :oops: So there's definitely potential in 1.13+ as well.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Grape, Zyr, Owlie and 1 other person like this.
  7. GalaXyHaXz

The hardest part is getting both the green and Snapchip by the entrance. The entrance is always facing south-west, so it's easier to enter when it's above you rather than below.
    [​IMG]

pharphis, Zyr, NanoMist and 2 others like this.
  8. ziambe

ziambe Diabloii.Net Site Pal

So was there absolutely no change for Pindleskin except mlvl between 1.09 and 1.10? Asking because I am thinking about starting a 1.09 hunt for fun... :)

How about 1.09 Snapchip vs 1.10+ Snappy?

If my project ever gets off the ground, I might be able to contribute some data!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I think Pindle's chance to drop from high TCs was lowered in 1.10, but another change was that everything from TC90 was moved to TC87 (i.e. the TC90 lists are empty now) which increased Pindle's drop chances for several items in spite of that. I'm not 100% sure about details, however, it's pretty long ago.

In 1.09 (copied from a posting in Phrozen Keep):

Weapon 90: Giant Thresher (Stormspire), Glorious Axe, Legend Spike, Mythical Sword (Bul Kathos Tribal Guardian), War Pike, Archon Staff, Caduceus (Griswold's Redemption), Dimensional Shard

Armor 90: Colossus Girdle, Corona (Griswold's Honor), Dream Spirit, Sacred Armor (Immortal King's Soul Cage), Vortex Shield (Griswold's Honor)

10. Grape

Grape Diabloii.Net Member

+1 for Snapchipathon!