Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindle's Minions' Drops - Question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Hammy, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Hammy

Hammy IncGamers Member

Pindle's Minions' Drops - Question

Ok, so I said I was too lazy to level up a character specifically for the MFO, but I like to optimize too much, and I hate respeccing, so tallyho!

Besides, you can never have too many Barbs on the character screen, right?

I have not done a significant amount of Pindle-running up until this point, so that is the route I am looking to go. The question is, are the drops from his minions significant enough to justify an extra few seconds to kill them?

The vast majority of Pindle Barbs Whirl the entire pack down, Hork everything in sight, rinse, and repeat. I am looking to Howl the minions away, make with the Berserk, Hork once, and move on. At most, Pindle can spawn 70% MR, so this seems sound. Between only having to swing a few times and Hork once, should be rather speedy, no?

I am just not sure how much I am missing out on by not killing everything. The biggest issue I can see is white/grey bases and runes, which are nice, but not worth points.

So what is the general opinion of the forum, kill them all, or run a couple seconds faster.and just do Pindle?

Also, if anyone has experience running him with a Zerker, please do share. I've played with it and getting him separated seems a little messy, but it should smooth out with practice.

Thanks!

-Hammy

My love for you is ticking clock, BERSERKER!

2. Smips

Smips IncGamers Member

Re: Pindle's Minions' Drops - Question

What /players setting do you run? I'd check a drop calc to see how beneficial it is, but my guess would be that at /p1 it's pointless and at /p7 it'd be worth it.

3. Darkflight

Darkflight IncGamers Member

I think the general consensus is that actively killing Pindleskins minions are not worth it.... ever.

I may be wrong though when it comes to a Barbarian because of horking.

4. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot IncGamers Member

I don't know if this changed from v1.11 to now, but according to Hrus' MF guide, the odds of landing anything worthwhile from Pindle's minions are so low as to be virtually inconsequential. From the guide:

Given the odds of high-end items from the minions, I'd say you're better off not killing the minions.

5. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

I'd say you should hork... the rune drops alone could be game changing. We all play for "the chance" that something wonderful might happen. They have a significant chance for dropping high runes and a measureable chance of dropping the odd grail item.

I guess it really depends on how close you are to completing the grail and why you're running Pindle in the first place. "Worth" is so situational. It might be worth killing them sometimes and not worth killing them later.

6. Smips

Smips IncGamers Member

Keep in mind this was before the increased rune drops. I know I've seen some Sur+ on these forums from his minions from 1.11/1.12, so it might be worthwhile for that.

7. Hammy

Hammy IncGamers Member

Interesting to see numbers on that, thanks a bunch for digging it up for me, Aldeth.

I know personally I've gotten a pair of Lo's from Pindle/minions, but for the purposes of the MFO, I am not sure that it is going to be worth it. I guess it will all depend on how much faster my Berserker (in NM A5 right now) is at kiling Pindle versus my WWer at clearing the entire pack.

I will definitely be Horking, but the big difference is, when you clear everything, you can go through the trouble of Horking all of the minions only to find that you didn't notice Pindle shattering in the chaos and waste a few seconds every so often.

As for player setting, that will always be P1, especially with a Berserker. Pindle will smack me upside the head if he isn't in hit recovery, or better, dead. With my gimpy level of BO, I can only take ~800 damage per run without having to visit Malah, which wastes precious seconds.

Thanks for the input everyone!