Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

PindlePindlePindle

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by smilts, Oct 7, 2006.

1. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

PindlePindlePindle

I have a question concerning Pindle is his unique drop chance in norm, nm the same as any other unique monster. Or is it better as in hell? The reason I ask is Im making a zealer and out of boredom Im going to run 1000 pindle runs in each difficulty. This zealer will be my mf runner also after I get done with that

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Did you try it with zealer? That will not be easy.
    Unique chance is the same in all difficulties and it's the same as for random bosses and most of other classic superuniques.
    Running him in NM/normal is the waste of time (unless you doing it for EXP), because there are much better sources for all he can drop (Mephisto).

3. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

really Im not running it for the drops or exp mostly just cause Im bored with most everything else I have run it with zealers before though always on b.net so maybe it wont work with the items I have available.
    My first mf char ever was a zealer that I ran meph with when I first started online. After I get done doing the pindle thing he will be my meph runner also.

4. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

... I agree with what Hrus said, with the addition that if you're running for EXP:

1) In normal, you can easily get to lvl ~40+ by running Eldritch (he's quicker and safer than Pindle). Also, if you can safely tackle Baal and his minions, he'll be a much better source of experience over time than Pindle - you can hit lvl ~50 pretty easily before entering NM.
    2) In NM, hit Eldritch again until about lvl 67-68, and then do Pindle until 71-72. Once again, Eldritch is quicker and safer than Pindle, and typically you gain more experience over time by running him (because Eldritch's mlvl is lower though, Pindle does better after 68). Baal runs have a very good exp. until about lvl 77-78, and if you're patient you can push to ~80+ there too.

Edit: I started typing the above point before your response to Hrus... in that case, go for it - but we must have different playstyles: 1000 Normal Pindle runs doesn't sound like a relief of boredom to me. :wink3:

5. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

well all Ive ever ran was meph runs, baal runs or countess runs sometimes even Andy runs never ran pindle on any setting so thought I might try it but not sure if thats a good idea anymore after some thought(and reading). I may try finding some other area that I have never ran before but also gives back some kind of return even if not great

6. Hoop76

Hoop76 IncGamers Member

Also i dont know if you got a higher char or not, but if your going to do that many pindle runs, why not try the Pindlethon 3. That would be 1000 less runs and help give you incentive to keep going. But if you really only want to do it because your bored, then go for it, it definately wont hurt.

7. smilts

smilts IncGamers Member

I would loved to have joined thast tourney but have no chars high enough yet