Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindle Vs. Mephy: The ultimate MF duel!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by [cK]Extreme, Mar 11, 2004.

1. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

Pindle Vs. Mephy: The ultimate MF duel!

Pindleskin

Pros:
    Easy to get to, doesn't get any easier.
    Fairly easy fight unless spawned extra fast.. charge hurts us sorcys.

Cons:
    Can be immune to any of the 3 elements.
    Will only drop 2 items at a time.

Mephisto

Pros:
    Moat trick, does it get any easier?
    Can drop up to 5 uniques at once!

Cons:
    Can be a pain in the *** to get to.. its always the last place u look aint it?
    When things go wrong.. they go horribly, horribly wrong.
    May take a little longer to kill depending on build.

As a lightning sorc, I like pindle better. Even tho the opportunity for items is less, i often have a hard time getting to meph.. and it takes a solid minute for me to lightning him down, chugging a few blues in the process. Even tho i have been known to die to pindle when he spawns extra fast/fanta.. i still prefer him over meph.

What about you? :teeth:

[edit] Crap i wanted to put a poll.. son of a..

2. ULTIMATER

ULTIMATER IncGamers Member

Duh, why would you look more after you found it? EVERYTHING YOU LOOK FOR IS ALLWAYS IN THE LAST PLACE! :p

And i vote Pindle, because he can drop the WF. It will drop soon, yeah... :drool:

3. RaverLV

RaverLV IncGamers Member

I absolutely LOVE Pindle runs. Atrough I've been doing them only in NM, compared to NM Meph, it is SO much easier and "item per minute" ratio is really good. Don't know much about comparing item quality, but as I'm quite new to MF, every set/unique is like a little wonder to me. :uhhuh:

4. decoy_sJ

decoy_sJ IncGamers Member

i'm torn..but my vote will go to pindle..he drops nice WHEN he do drop..and he helps me level up abit even at lvl **..but sometimes when the drought really gets to me i just go pay meph a few visits and the couple of exceptional/elite unique drops are often enuff to keep me going on pindle :buddies:

5. Torin_Reaper

Torin_Reaper IncGamers Member

ok, this may be a stupid question.

if you are able to do pindle runs, does that mean you can not do baal runs?
    ie you have not completed the pindle quest - so the portal is still there?

6. RaverLV

RaverLV IncGamers Member

You can do Bhall runs, the portal stays there untill you kin Nighalak (or smth.)

7. bwirum

bwirum IncGamers Member

There's no stupid questions, only stupid answers :)

You can get to pindle one out of two ways;

1. Through the red portal in town act 5, which anya opens for you after you saved her from the horrible horrible Nihlatak (or something). This disappears once you get the halls of pain wp and kill Nihlatak.

2. Go from the wp in the halls of pain, up to pindle that way. Longer run.

You do not need the Nihlatak quest to go get Baal, only the Ancients quest.

8. tagkc

tagkc IncGamers Member

Ummm, guys, IIRC the red portal only disappears when you activate the WP in the Nith run. Killing Nith doesn't make the read portal go away.

9. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

Mephi drops stuff, pindle does not :)

Mephi is not dangerous, pindle and his guys can throw you around like a pinball. (thats why his name i guess?)

finding mephi is not that hard. Somewhere on these forums is a thread where it is all explained.
    The room you start in has one exit.
    See in what direction the exit is.
    now the room with the stairs always has its exit 90 degrees turned from the room you start in. The exits room's orientation is always turned 90 degrees cw from the room you start in. so this way, you know which side of the durance to check. most of the times with teleport, you find it in 20 seconds or so. only sometimes the durance is ****ed up and its somewhere in the middle, then search a bit longer.

10. Harby

Harby IncGamers Member

I dont see why a fully twinked sorc would go after meph. after all meph cant drop the godly items pindle can. The best thing you can hope getting from meph is zaka I guess while from pindle that could be fathom for example. Also meph takes so much more time.

11. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Yup, that one is the ONLY wp I don't have on my Hell sorc. It's obvious why :) Though some people I boost don't really get it when I tell them.

12. kuza

kuza IncGamers Member

I've been doign both for a few months, and the nice usable uniques and tradables you get from meph outweight what you get from pindle. It'll take a TON od pindle runs to get even 1 unique worth trading or keeping, while meph will drop you something worth keeping every few runs.

Anyone else notice the first dozen or so meph runs you do drop Godly stuff, then it goes downhill from there? I got arreats face/jalals and a bunch of great stuff in the first 5 runs, then it hasn't been as hot. Still better then pindle. I'll do pindle to level up if I'm like half way to the next level, and then move back to meph/baal runs when I've just gotten to the next level.

13. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

someone mentioned to me that they found 2 arachnids mesh from meph, and someone else completely unrelated also mentioned they found it on meph too, but as far as i know its qlvl is 87, higher then meph or pindle, meaning neither of them can drop it, or can meph drop it and pindle cant?

on a side note; i also noticed my drops from meph after 5 or 10 runs get really bad, *I'm talking 2 normal items and a throwing potion*
    so i always do 5 or 10 runs before playing the game (eg, leveling up characters, making new ones, ect)

Pindle drops something good every 100 runs average
    but I get tons of gems and runes from him

14. [cK]Extreme

[cK]Extreme IncGamers Member

I did both runs in one game today.

Pindle Dropped Dracul's Grasp.
    Meph Dropped Nords Tenderizer, and Hellslayer.

Hmm....

15. catch223344

catch223344 Banned

IT's mLvl 87, iirc. Pindle can't drop it, but Meph can.

16. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

i thought pindle could drop anything...oops

17. ventilator

ventilator IncGamers Member

Well, I don't have a meph runner currently, but I can tell you that during my last 380 Pindle runs with 501%MF Trapassa the only items worth noticing because they are fairly rare were Andariels Visage, Set Ward and BK Mythical Sword. Everything else was useless and probably much easier found at Meph. I think I've done him enough to be able to say that you shouldn't expect too much from him, even though i know people who've found Tal/IK/GF in their first couple of runs.

On a sidenote, Eldritch drops like crap as well. Ran him 1300 times with my Java alone and the results were less than disappointing.

18. Stiertje

Arachnid Mesh = Qlvl 87. Pindle = Mlvl 86 so can't drop it. Meph = Mlvl 87 and obviously can drop Arachnid.

The various information about all Superuniques is now different from 1.09. Pindle used to be Mlvl ** but since he's in a lvl 83 area and a Unique has Mlvl = Arealvl + 3 he's only Mlvl 86 now.

Bosses and some other monsters do not have their Mlvl graded to their Arealvl. They keep their assigned Mlvl as normal. This means there are only 2 monsters above Mlvl **; Diablo (Mlvl 94) and Baal (Mlvl 99). This has no reflection on drops because the highest TC is 87 now.

19. Stiertje

BTW, found Tal and WF on Pindle.

20. catch223344

catch223344 Banned

I've found Tal's, WF, and 2x GF from pindle. If you don't believe me, I'll show you!