Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindle Runs - Worth It?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by GodofWar, May 28, 2005.

1. GodofWar

GodofWar IncGamers Member

Pindle Runs - Worth It?

After doing about 14 Hell Pindle runs and getting only an Ethereal Wolfhowl and a Razortine, I was wondering, is running pindle worth it?

So you pindle runners, how often do you get good items, and about how much Mf do you reccomend? (I've got 273%). I mean, out of 100 runs, about how many times do you get good/useful items? I'm just wondering if running pindle is better than running the pits.

-GodOfWar

2. midnightvulture

midnightvulture IncGamers Member

I say pits all the way. Pindle is fast, but boring. As far as I know, he's not much better than a boss pack in the pits, and the pits are at least a little interesting/random.

mv

3. FodderCannoned

FodderCannoned IncGamers Member

well the results from the mf league seems to show that pindle is definantly good to run, but you can't expect good results in 10 runs, or even an hours worth, I would expect a TC 87 every 2-4 hours from pindle and every 3-5 from the pits, and 273 isn't bad, but there is definantly room for improvement, on my pindle runner i liked to run at least 500

4. shermo

shermo IncGamers Member

yes

ten letters....

I may be wrong but I think the final 3 MFL participants were all running pindle. Take a look at some of their finds in 2 hours. That will get you some idea of what to expect. Pindle is still the best place to find TC87 sets/uniques although after 1000 runs with nothing to show you might not believe it

5. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

With the right build, yes.

Pindle can be extremely beneficial. Especially with something like a high damage blizzard sorceress who can wipe him in 2-3 blizzards, while the merc eats a few hits. Honestly I did great with a Necromancer, myself.

Necro Process:
    Fishymancer
    1) Go through the portal, ignore summoning skeletons, that just wastes time.
    2) Run/Teleport into Pindleskins little area.
    3) Cast clay golem
    4) Let merc kill 1 - 2 minions
    5) CE

Rinse and repeat. My fishymancer could do runs with a LOT of MF. The only time runs took more than 45 seconds was when Piddle was PI. CE was a little less effective even after Amp, so it took the merc a second to whoop him the rest of the way.

IMO a Fishymancer with Naj's Staff or an Enigma(HA!) can be one of the fastest /p1 Pindleskin runners.

I mean, why run him at /p8? He's always FE, why make him even more dangerous? :p

6. frosty

frosty IncGamers Member

Pindle will drop something good if you keep at it.

I run him with a Meteor/Fo sorc with 641 mf in under 30 s.

7. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

You were very lucky getting 2 uniques in 14 runs. One of them Wolfhowl, wow!
    For high-qlvl uniques, Pindle drop uniques with 3% chance. For items under TC78, the Mephisto is the best source. For TC78-TC84 Baal or Chaos Sanctuary runs. But solely for TC87 the best is Pindle (he cannot drop Tyrael's though). Baal has reduced drops from TC87, CS superuniques and Diablo don't drop from TC87 at all (but regular bosses in CS can drop TC87). Pindle drop the same as 2 TC87 bosses. For uniques/sets bosses are the main source of goods, so you have to kill 2 bosses in the same time as one Pindle.
    I can do Pindle in 25 seconds, while Pit in 3 minutes. Pindle is more than 2 times effective than Pits for me.

How much TC87 you can expect?
    armo87 1:93 odds to drop from Pindle
    weap87 1:49 odds to drop from Pindle

EDIT: that 3% of unique chance is counted for 500 MF
    Now you can expect only approximatly 1 TC87 per 31 runs. Every 33th TC87 will be unique, so you will get 1 unique TC87 per 1000 runs.
    Assuming around 120+ runs per hour (30 secs) it will take 8 hours to get a unique TC87.

8. Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast IncGamers Member

imo he is usually worht it, fast, safe but terribly boring... I always run him in windowed mode while chatting on msn or something like that at the same time, something to do while waiting for answers and something to look at during running :D

My blizz sorc runs him with around 700mf in about 15 seconds, a wee bit longer if he is cold immune, but that much mf is basically overkill as far as i have seen so far

9. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

15 secs? That include loading and saving everything? The best I can do it 20 secs from startup screen then back to it, but that's so intensive I can't keep it up for any extended period.

10. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

15 second is not possible IMHO, counting the new game loading and walking through Harrogath.

11. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

I always have terrible luck with him. I have 450ish mf, so my unique chanche should be about 3% as well, and i managed to do 50 consecutive runs (about a 100 items) without a single unique (and only 1 set). I dont have more than a few hundred runs total, but still annyoing that i haven't seen a single decent drop.

Btw, the last hundred runs or so, I combined it with Eldritch runs. Eldritch is only 84/84 but i tought it would be still somewhat efficent, since loading the game only once i kill 2 SUs instead of 1. (imho loading takes half of the time or so)

12. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

I once did 1500 and wrote down the result. I used an Blizzard Sorceress with around 300% MF.

Ariocs Needle
    Death Cleaver
    Demon Limb
    Djinn Slayer
    Dragonscale
    Ethereal Edge
    Griffons Eye +1 Skills, +12% Lightning Damage, -19% Lightning Res
    Immortal King Stone Crusher
    Ko rune
    Laying of Hands
    Lightsabre
    Marrowwalk
    Naj's Light Plate
    Natalya's Mark
    Rainbow Facet +5/-4 Cold
    Raven Frost
    Sazabi Ghost Liberator
    Shaftstop
    Stone Crusher
    Stone Crusher (Ethereal)
    Trang Ouls Guise
    Trang Ouls Wings
    Widowmaker
    Wraith Flight

So yea... They are definately worth it. I am trying to accomplish 10000 runs as we speak now with my BF/Hybrid Assassin that litterally makes Pindleskin a short story. Will post results later on.

13. colony

colony IncGamers Member

Pindle is definately worth running, if you can take the boredom that sets in after a while.

Wow, my computer takes that long just to load. Pindle might go down in a blizz or two, but the speed of my computer's the main limiting factor for my run times
    :rolleyes:

14. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Yeah, I would have to get a better comp too :D

Well, if you can handle the numbing effect of endless Pindle running then go for it. I've done thousands of Pindle runs but I've also got some decent items (Death's Web for example). And IIRC one hairy little mammal got a Ber from Pindle some time ago.

To make running Pindle less boring I just run some other areas between Pindle runs -> I take my Blizzsorc for a spin either in the Moo Moo Farm or in the Ancient Tunnel.

15. Slothman

Slothman IncGamers Member

Im assuming you guys are running him at players 1 to get such quick speeds - is there much benefit in a higher players setting if it does not hinder your killing speed?

Also serdash if your still checking this thread what sort of gear do you equip on your fishymancer?
    ive a fishymancer with shako, skullders, chancies, war travs, nagel 28%, magical ring 27%, ammy 30%, goldwrap, ali baba, ryme, naj staff on switch - is there anything better or a better setup you can think of i can shoot for? Or is it a matter of how many small mf charms one can find?

16. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Player settings doesn't matter with Pindle. His drop(pings) are the same on p1 or p8 (his minions drop better on higher player settings but the good items will come from Pindle). So, p1 if you run just for items. P8 if you want items and exp (like me).

That's plenty enough mf. With Pindle it's more about quantity than quality.

17. farting bob

farting bob Banned

14 runs? try adding a thousand onto that number, and you'll get some good items. Pindle is all about speed killing. Lots of Mf, players 1 and kil as many times as possible. The best builds can kill him this way in 20-30 seconds from game load to seve and exit. Do that for a couple of hours and then moan about his drop rate.

18. mad.as.a.meataxe

mad.as.a.meataxe IncGamers Member

Pindle's well worth it assuming that you have the sort of personality that can put up with doing the same thing over and over and over and...

For the recent MFO most participants would have done 5000-10000 runs probably averaging around 600mf. With that sort of quantity you can get some very nice results. Generally if you run him a lot you will notice that Pindle is very streaky. I'd have periods of 4 hours without an elite and then get 5 in 20min. You just have to be patient and treat each run as one closer to something good.

I'm not sure which wins between the partial Tal's set (PT Armor, Amulet and Belt from memory) and the usual combo of PT Skulders, PT Shako and Goldwrap. Note that the best amulet and rings for mfing are actually magic (blue) rather than uniques. They can have up to 40 mf iirc - that's why it's always worthwhile to pick up and check every blue ring and amulet. If you're rich then dual isted Ali-Baba (or two of them if you're a Barb) is the way to go. Personally I don't have that sort of wealth so just use gull/rhyme on switch.

MAAM

19. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

lol 14 runs:lol: try 1000 and you can ask that question again;)

pindle is one of those targets you need speed and alot of runs for.

with pindle and a blizz sorc you can probebly kill pindle in less then 60 sec even if he is CI most of the time. so if we say our runs take 60 sec to do

we can get

60 runs a hour

so run him for 17 hours and you made 1020 runs

run him 2 hours a day and you finish those 1020 runs in a bit over a week

20. Artagas

Artagas IncGamers Member

If i ran pindle 2 hours a day for a week, i would end up in a mental asylum in all likelihood. Throwing ice cubes at the doctors, hoping that one of them will drop a hydra bow.