Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindle running

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Snake, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Pindle running

Quick question: wich would be the best player setting (/players x) to run pindle with my MeteorOrb? Wich setting do you guys use?

2. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Player setting does not affect Pindle's drops so p1 is your best bet.

--T

3. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

hmm Doc, could you post somekind of summary of the discussion you had with Thrugg and was it Ruvenal? In the other place about Pindles drops...I'd post it but you guys deserve the credit from it :)

4. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

Players setting does not affect his drops, but I would run him on the highest setting you can manage for the sweet exp.
    What I did was try on /p4 at first and if I could easily kill him before the monsters in the garden had time to come into his 'room', if they didn't make it I would bump it up a player, if they made it I would drop a player. I could do it on /P5 safely, but that was with a LF Zon so you will have to experiment (if you take my advice at all :))

Of course if all you want is 1337 itamzz then /P1 is your best bet :D

Sam

5. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

Personally I wouldn't run Pindle unless I wasn't in Hell yet, or still playing 1.09. There are so many better places in 1.10 Hell than him, like Pits.

Takis (El_Greco)

6. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

remember that pindles homies can also drop some nice stuff and they drop more with higher players

are you sure?

7. Hakai_no_Tenshi

The basic idea that Blizzard had to "nerf" Pindle and Threshsocket was to drastically reduce the odds of them dropping uniques and sets. In order to implement this, a new TC was created for them. Every TC has an associated bonus to the chances of unique/set/rare/magic items dropping and this is where Pindle and Thresh got hit hard.

Every TC is defined recursively in terms of "lower" TCs such that you need to traverse the drop tree to determine what item gets dropped. However, the game keeps a running check of the maximum bonuses. Because the TC that Pindle and Thresh drop from intersect paths with the TC that Snapchip and Frozenstein drop from, the Pindle TC gets it's bonuses upgraded to what Snapchip/Frozenstein would have. This means that Pindle drops exactly like those two while Thresh has a slightly worse chance than Pindle because his mlvl is 84 (this affects the chance for a given quality) as opposed to Pindle who is mlvl 86.

A valiant effort by the 1.10 programmers but ultimately of no effect. Thrugg and I are waiting for confirmation from Ruvanal. Jarulf has already confirmed it but two opinions are always better than one ;)

--T

8. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

so to simplify this, Pindle is still basically the best for the high level items?

9. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Yep, Pindle's still good, but he's more dangerous now (always FE => painful), so you have to be careful. Of course a Sorc/Javazon can wipe the floor with him in the usual brief time.

10. Takis

Takis IncGamers Member

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I can ran Pindle 100 times (and I have) and get practically nothing. Or run Pits 25 times and get much better drops, or run Baal 10 times and get even better drops and more items.

Or run Pindle for 5 hours straight or Ball or Pits 5 hours straight and I bet Pindle will come last. This coming from a guy that still runs Pits/Pindle/Eldrich/Shreck/Baal 5-10 times every day.

Maybe other people have better luck with Pindle, but the only reason I run him because I'm superstitious and think that running him improves my drops
    elsewhere. Adn I keep seeing all these posts about him being such a great dropper, that maybe one day he'll prove me wrong.

It hasn't happen yet, but I'm still praying.

I better go and whack him one more time just in case today is the day. :drink:

Takis (El_Greco)

11. Jarulf

Jarulf IncGamers Member

I have? Hmm, don't even know what it is I have confirmed :) Perhaps you mix me up with someone. I have not looked much at item generation in 1.10.

12. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Isn't that what your PK thread on the TC selection process was about?

--T

13. Flamearrows

Flamearrows IncGamers Member

Uh, I probably have no right to warn you off something. But a link to phrozen keep forums is probably going piss off this site's administration :| maybe a PM would've been better?

flamearrows

14. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Yeah, I was thinking about that too... although anyone who has spent any time on PK probably can't see any form of competition between here and there. Still, better to be safe, eh ? ;)

--T