Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindle running for exp

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Clervis, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

Anyone ever try Pindle running for experience? My Zealot is level 92 and he's getting about 20% more experience per unit time by running P8 Pindle then he is doing Baal runs. Granted he doesn't have teleport.

2. Klonki

Klonki IncGamers Member

If i'm not totally wrong you can run Pindle until 95 or something.. After 95 it's more then pain to try get some exp from them.

3. srrw

srrw IncGamers Member

If (insert character) can run Pindle that's where I stop for exp.

Depending on build/times it can be faster in the 80's but I doubt it will out exp Baal runs at 90+. Teleport shouldn't be necessary on a good map, although it can certainly help. You can always skip Baal if you're just running for exp, but I don't think it's going to be that big a difference considering a Zealot would Smite/Zeal him down in the blink of an eye.

4. japanzaman

japanzaman IncGamers Member

The problem is that Pindle will top you out at around 95~96. Baal always gives you more experience, it just takes so much longer to kill Baal that Pindle is the more efficient way to go for most builds until you get to the point where he doesn't give you hardly anything anymore. Thus why getting to lvl 99 is such a pain.

5. SunsetVista

SunsetVista IncGamers Member

I like running Pindle for xp, too. It was a nice mix of mf and xp. Now though, it's more efficient for me to mf higher targets that can drop Tyrael's if I ever want to complete the grail.

6. Username is not in use

Username is not in use IncGamers Member

There was also a guy who runned 2 Bosses in CS with some char(cant remember)
    since they can drop everything it seems like not a bad idea

the Ghost and the Balrog

7. BBS_Agonistes

BBS_Agonistes IncGamers Member

If I recall correctly, Crazy Runner Guy hit 99 running Pindle with a sorc.
    EDIT: Nope--just checked and it was Nihlathak. But if your char doesn't have teleport, it'd seem Pindle would almost certainly be the best target for XP?

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    Clervis likes this.
  8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Normal pindle is good up until low 40s
    Nightmare pindle is good up until low 70s
    Hell pindle is good up until level 93, then decent until 95, then pretty pointless
    Running CS and last part of RoFl is fast, but keep in mind that the seal bosses themselves cap out at TC84 and thus cannot drop everything. Skipping Lord de Seis and Diablo is a good idea up until lvl 97. For 98 and 99, I found running big D with a good shrine map in act 1 was faster than Nihlathak; however I was a hammerdin, and other characters might kill Nihlathak a lot faster, making him ideal. He also can drop anything, but I found him very stingy.

Clervis and SunsetVista like this.
  9. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

Hmm. I'm just now starting to test strategies for maximizing exp/time (with some consideration to drops). After a bit of tweaking, I was able to beat Pindle with Baal runs by a narrowish margin. Shrines don't seem to be like much of an option considering Baal and OK's kill them promptly. My strategy so far is this:
    1. Rolled a short Baal path.
    2. Type "/players 1"
    3. Use Vigor to bypass most of WSK2-3, but stopping to kill unique packs.
    4. Type "/players 6"
    5. Kill all the minions.
    6. Type "/players 3"
    7. Kill Baal.
    8. Rinse and repeat.
    It seems that Baal kills my exp/time at higher times. /p1 or /p2 might be better but /p3 has the best drops for the money.

Any tips?

Some questions I have:
    Is there a quicker way to Type "/players 1"?
    Load time on my PC aren't bad, but does anyone know a way to quicken them?

10. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

I think if you type a command 5+ times before exiting a game it will let you press up to quick-type it in the next game. I'm not sure if this carries over games more than once or not.

You can also type /players 3 and then instead of typing it all again just press up and then backspace to have "/players" which should give /p1

Likewise, if you have "/players X" where X is any number greater than 7, it will be p8 automatically.

Interdasting and Clervis like this.
  11. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

You can keep using it until you exit D2.

Clervis likes this.
  12. Pyrotechnician

Pyrotechnician IncGamers Site Pal

P3 baal is best baal. Tops out the xp, which is nice, and its not that terribly more difficult.

Arrow keys for typing, you can just cycle through past messages, as the others said.

I think I read somewhere that having a lot of map area explored can slow down load times? Also if I have a ton of screen shots in the d2 folder it cloggs it down for me, maybe try moving those as well if you have any.

Clervis likes this.
  13. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

You can delete the map files and it won't affect what map you actually have, for those who aren't sure

Clervis likes this.
  14. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

You portal out after the last seal boss dies, then use Diablos rather extensive spawn time to check act 1 cold plains, stony field and black marsh WPs for exp shrines, then go back and kill Diablo. OKs aren't an issue since they all die with the last seal/seal boss.

I've seen as much as four shrines in close proximity to act 1 WPs. For 98-99, act 1 map is actually more important than chaos layout.

Clervis likes this.
  15. Clervis

Clervis IncGamers Member

Muy bien. Gracias por los tips, amigos.

@Pyro:
    What did you mean by /p3 tops out the xp? Do you happen to know what the figures look like from /p1 to /p8?

@helvete:
    Ah. I gotcha.

Unrelated: Ain't it great when Baal gets shattered. It's so anticlimactic especially considering the usual temper tantrum he throws.

16. Cyrax

Cyrax IncGamers Member

For Baal you get max experience at p3. Everything beyond that (p4-8) just adds hitpoints to him, making it slower to kill him and you get no more exp for it then killing him at p3. That's why people going for 99 or just running Baal for exp run him at p8/3. P8 for waves and then tone it down to p3 for Baal himself.

Similar thing for Diablo's experience. Only that tops out at p7 (so doing him on p8 is pointless).

17. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

As Gripphon showed in other threads killing Baal isn't always the best solution. Sometimes and depending on your level and how fast you can kill Baal and Lister you can skip both or just Baal.

18. Gripphon

Gripphon IncGamers Member

In general, the faster you are, the less profitable it is to kill Baal for experience (for farming he is still a fine target if someone wants that kind of running). The slower you are, the more profitable Baal is for experience, depending on how long it takes to kill him in comparison of completing Lister run. In low 90s levels Baal grants like 1/8 or whatever xp compared to his waves, at level 96 Baal is worth hitting for experience if you are in ~3 min per run range or slower than that (my barb on level 96 had 3min 10 sec Baal and 2min 35 sec Lister and it was more profitable to skip Baal with him for example), so before 96-97 no Baal for experience is general rule (it isn't "rule", just made that up, you got me). Enigmaless characters might find worth hitting Baal before ofc.

In fact, I found that for some characters it is more profitable to do Ventar runs skipping Lister too cause Lister takes too much time to kill for them, but that is already hardcore optimizing xp gain.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  19. Username is not in use

Username is not in use IncGamers Member

hardcore xp gain is 07-09