Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pindle pays off

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by aman, Jun 28, 2005.

1. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

pindle pays off

i have been playing my tesla all morning and after no luck doing baal loads of runs only useful thing got out of it was my tesla up to 86 and halfway onto 87.

I thounght i would give my recently finished ik barb a good lvling. After i did a few pinde runs. First pindle run a unique ring dropped , i started to think it was going to be raven and i wouldnt have minded ravens are always useful but it wasn't it was a soj :clap:
    btw this is my first one i have ever found :) and also my first decent drop by pindle :clap:

2. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

GL with the find :clap:

Bert

3. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

I found 2 SoJs this ladder, one from Hell Andy, the other from Hell Hephasto. Normal monsters also dropped many unique rings, but it was always Manalds, Nagels, Ravenfrosts, D-stars :rolleyes:.

4. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD IncGamers Member

I have had some amazing drops for Pindle over the last 4-6 weeks ranging from Tals armour to IK armour and much more. Most of the drops happened over the course of about 50 runs. Amazing luck I admit and then he kind of dried up on me. Still excellent rares dropped which were sold for much gold or simply given away.

Then last evening he gifted me again. My frost zealot has been attempting to find a Stormlash for his own use and an etherial titans for my LS zon. Both dropped for me within an hours runs.

I know people dont run Pindle cos his drops can be very average but he is so easy to get to and when he drops good, man he drops good.

Well done on your SOJ drop. I bet you will run him much more from now on.

5. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

well i ran him whenever i was bored and at the moment my ik barb is perfect for running him :) my fishymancer could also run him quick.

But i guess i will now run him properly :) well i mean run him more often. i usually only do a few runs. Then give up cause im only geting magic items

btw do you run him by your self or with a full game. when i found my soj it was in a private game.

6. DANIEL3RD

I always MF by myself and my merc of course. My tactics is to run through the graveyard to Pindles gate and then teleport in which takes my merc with me. I let my merc go forward and then come up behind him. This protects me from pindles minions initial charge. I then let loose with zeal and frost aura switching to ali baba for final kill. MF total is approx 350. Takes no longer than 10 seconds. I also always carry full rejuv potions.

I play europe realm, non ladder.

7. Bert

Bert IncGamers Member

Untill you get sick of it, and stop running him.

But one day you get bored and go at em again and he accidentially drops a Zod or something.

Again repeating the cycle of mf-ing/playing...

8. DANIEL3RD

If I am in a pindle run mood I will run him with my frost zealot for about an hour non-stop. Otherwise my strategy is to run Pindle, Meph, Pits, and then Andariel in that order. By the time I get round to doing 4 runs its time for bed. I use my LS zon for running Pindle, Shenk, Pits, Countess, Andaril and then Cows as she kills so much faster. The reason I dont run Pindle with her continuously is because she is much lower in MF.

Hmm thinking about it maybe I should equip her out with my paladin mf kit and see how she does :)

9. StarvinMarvinh

StarvinMarvinh IncGamers Member

I run cs and diablo with my skellie/fishy, diablo has dropped me some amazing stuff over the last week including perfect maras (my first one), good wolfhowl and various elite uniques.

10. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

is diablo easy to run with a good fishymancer?

if it is i might try that :)

11. DANIEL3RD

I rarely go there with my paladin as too much Iron Maiden. Very dangerous.

Great find on the maras Staryin

12. StarvinMarvinh

Thx Daniel :clap:

Yep, if you have a good fishy and high lvl skellies + might merc it should pose no problems :)

My necro:
    Um´d viper, shako, spirit sword, rare necshield with +skills and res, maras, raven, 15allres ring, glooms, ww´s, rare gloves with 19dex + lit res and my merc has an insight colossus voulge+talmask+rare armor with +29 str.

Keeping your merc alive is the trick since reviving skellies is no problem :p Having 60+ fire and lit res also never hurt anyone -_-

Having a few revives is good to tank d´s lit attack for your merc and skellies, I always use the firebreathing thingyes :thumbsup:

Each run takes about 15 - 20 minutes but that pays off since there are so many superuniques and champions in the cs that also drop good.

13. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

i might give it a try but.... got a big realm down at the moment :-(

but here is my fishymancers gear

shako , homu , arm of king lerioc, enigma , bk , raven frost , arach , +3 summon amu and marrowalks. i also use 2 summon skillers + a low anni.

my resi is low but i just stand behind all my skelles :) i will definatley try some diablo runs after hsi realm down ^^

14. StarvinMarvinh

If your resistances are low then he might be kinda hard, use gumby and decrep and run around if he uses his elementals, your hps vanish pretty fast if you don´t :p

15. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

i dont know what people class as low resi but they are all at 37 ish i think. i got lowish life cause went for max block

still realm down :-(

16. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

IM is the big problem in Chaos Sanctuary as was said.

Instead try and get maxed Light Res (well all is better) and do WSK1/2/3/Baal.

That's why I built my Skellimancer anyway.

Regards,
    KnightFall

17. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

just got back on did a few diablo runs with my fishymancer he did very well.

i stayed well back and spammed CE as much as i could near IM enemies got through with only a few skeles dieing :)

nothing really good dropped but got some xp then went onto try baal not alot of problems there i was just very carefull whilst getting to baal because of my lowere resi :) and as usual baal dropped nothing of value :)

18. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

If act bosses/bosses are dropping crap then go to hell flayer jungle and clear it out many times in high player hell games :) You will find so many flawless gems quickly that you can quickly cube up to 40 pgems then trade for a pul and work up from there to whatever elite unique/set you want :) That has been my strategy for this and last ladder season.

19. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i do shenk and the other dude too with pindle, yesterday they gave me a near perf crescent moon ammy (6LL/13ML) and a highlords (amazingly, imho, my first ever highlords.) :)

i've been pretty cold this ladder on the armor front. last ladder i got an ik armor, this ladder best i would say is like 6 ormus robes, still waiting on a skulders, just got the shaftstop i wanted. not a single ik helm, what's up with that.

this ladder i've hit the jackpot on jewelry, like 3 carrion winds ([email protected]%), 2 nature's peace, 2 sojs, something like 20 combined dwarf stars and ravenfrosts (including one beauty at 248/19), like 4 dual leech rare ammy's, and i just picked up a sweet rare 8LL/2ML ring, and i gambled a perfect 30 str ammy.

[edit] i saw what omikron posted above. what i do now is i have one blizz sorc for meph with around 500% mf. this char makes a ton of sacrifices to get that much mf. my 2nd mf char is a javazon, and i only put 3 items on her: wealth armor, harle, and a gheeds. when i'm getting jack, i take off these items and put on an andy's visage, a prudence etheral great hauberk, and put the gheeds in the stash, and do some cows and pits. yesterday, i got an etheral polearm for insight, a 3s etheral archon plate, an etheral champion axe, a 5s ettin axe for grief, and an etheral legend sword for oath. :)

20. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

congrats to yoU! always great to find stuff. :D