Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindle killer

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by BillsFootball, Mar 31, 2005.

1. BillsFootball

BillsFootball IncGamers Member

Pindle killer

I was wondering, which is the best class and build to kill pindle. Thanks.

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

My meteorb sorc+merc kills him with a couple of fireballs, ignoring the guys in the garden and teleporting straight to the entrance of the hallway leading to the temple. If Pindle is fire immune, I switch to frozen orbs, but the merc can kill pindle on his own if the minions have been thinned out a little. The merc dies perhaps 1 in 50 times (he would die only 1 in 100 times if he wore Reaper's instead of Tombreaver), especially if he got amped at the Eldritch run I always do before visiting Pindle, and in 1 of 500 times the sorc dies because I was too careless.

3. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

all sorcs can kill him easy and all other chars, he is very easy if u can stand the first charges of him and his helpers, usually u should let your merc take those hits, but pindle is easy to kill but i don't really find him very rewarding. Only the bots are good for him, but im not promoting that kind of **** :D

4. DANIEL3RD

DANIEL3RD IncGamers Member

I would have to disagree with you there. In the last week he has dropped for me:

IK armour,
    Tals armour,
    Grandfather
    Medusa shield and load and loads of good rares. He is fast to run and selling all rares I didnt need has netted me 2+million in gold. You just have to keep running him. Oh and i didnt use a bot, just a frost zealot with 400 mf

5. bluedragoon

bluedragoon IncGamers Member

thats some real nice finds. how many runs did it take for them to drop ??

6. DANIEL3RD

I wasnt really counting at the time but no more than 25-30. However I spent probably 4 hours on Saturday, found loads of fairly good rares and amassed loads of gold from the sales but no top uniques. Then yesterday another 15 runs and pindle dropped me the set spired helm from Heavens Brethren so ended on a high note. As I already have the armour and weapon I hope to complete the set. No idea where to find the shield though. Can Pindle drop it?

7. krischan

Pindle can drop any of the Heaven's Brethren set. BTW, the shield is as rare as Tal's armor IIRC and the helm might be even more rare.

To be precise, Pindle can drop any set item and any unique except:

Tyrael's Might
    Arachnid Mesh
    Azurewrath
    Annihilus
    Cow set items

8. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

My Blizzsorc and LF zon can take him down pretty fast and safely.
    During 90 minutes of doing Pindle runs in SPF MF-league with my Blizzsorc (lvl 89, 515 MF) I didn't get a single exceptional/elite uniqe/set. That's how he can be rewarding.

@DANIEL3RD: did I understand correctly that you scored 4 high-elite uniques/sets in 30 pindle runs? Then I don't believe you.

9. DANIEL3RD

Thanks for the info. Without meaning to I am finding that I am starting to go down the road of collectiing the top sets. To date I have Tals, IK, Trangs, Dark Adherent, Aldurs, Najs, Gris (except the weapon), and Natalyas (except the weapon). Bythe way this is non ladder, Europe.

10. DANIEL3RD

Hrus I am not in the habit of lying. I trade very rarely and all my gear I have collected myself. I began running Pindle over Easter Weekend. I work full time and have only an hour a night to spare. Obviously I have done many more than the 30 to 50 runs and found only rares. But I found the Tals armour and the IK armour from Pindle over 2 days Easter Sunday and Bank holiday monday. Both were dropped within the first 10 runs of each day. The Medusa shield dropped on another day, again withing the first few runs, and the grandfather at the beginning of another 10 runs and the Helm dropped last night. The last run of the evening.

I also run Meph after each 4th pindle run which takes an eternity but this helps prevents lock out. This therefore delays the total number of runs I can do in an hour. Between my merc and I we have about 500+ mf. Sometimes I die but mostly I survive.

I am on the Europe realm non ladder and I would be happy to show you all the drops if it helps. I am sorry you do not belive me But I have no reason to lie.

My main reason for running pindle is he is easy to find and therefore fairly quick.

11. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Well I can believe that if you do the 1000 runs, you will get best four items from 30 consecutive runs somewhere in the middle. (And no good items in the remaining runs. WF factor) But other readers can get an idea - oh Pindle drops insanely. And I am still frustrated from my results from MFL...

EDIT: You have probably stolen my luck...

12. DANIEL3RD

Lets hope some of my luck will rob off on you in that case. At the end of the day its all down to pure chance. But compared to Meph he is just so easy to run or should I say to find :) I changed my mercs guillamot helm with a Topazed shako as I found he was often getting the final hit as he goes ahead of me. This increased my overall MF from 400+ to 500 so maybe that helped.

I also want to point out that this post wasnt meant as a boast but simply to inform ppl who dont run Pindle that when he drops good, boy does he drop good.

13. RebirthOfMak

RebirthOfMak IncGamers Member

I've always thought Summoning Necros or LF Zonz.

Mak~

14. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

wouldnt a FoH pally be best? If you max FoH and Holy bolt and sanc. Granted, this pally will have absolutely no use besides killing pindle and running ancient tunnels/mauseleum

15. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

I would use pure fire sorc. Pindle's minions are never immune, and pindle himself is easy for merc to kill.
    My merc uses shaft, reapers and tal's mask.
    My fire sorc can also run eldrich, baal, andy, meph, countess, cow.
    Obviously, relying on good merc though. My gear is Tal's set + 2 high end rare rings, magefists, rare boots with high res and fhr.

Personally I dont get realm downs - but I've heard some people do if they run pindle too quick. Therefore you probably should run eldrich + pindle, to avoid rd's.
    Oh, I found Ohm from eldrich last week :)

16. krischan

Some of the Baal minion waves are fire immune, so I guess you do Baal runs in a party... or do you lure them out of the throne room ?

I make Baal minion runs with my bowazon (wearing Faith+Fortitude+lots of res charms) and finish up Baal himself with my fana-zealot (using smite, the one-point wonder :)). Of course it's not worth the investment (those two characters wear 3 expensive runewords and other cost-intensive equipment) and those two don't wear any MF stuff at all, not even Gheed's, but it's fun.

17. DANIEL3RD

I figure a fire sorc can run baal by joing a run and then finishing off baal herself when everone else leaves to join the next run.

18. Zavior

Zavior IncGamers Member

Only some wawes. But, my merc can take care of them.

19. Baneus

Baneus IncGamers Member

I ran Pindle in Hell, SP players 2, with a meterorb, from level 84 to 85 ( did not count the runs but i did the entire 84th level, roughly 2 hrs) and he dropped some pretty nice items.

Highlord's Wrath
    Wizard Spike
    Vampire's Gaze
    Tal's belt
    Stormshield
    2 other crappy uniques
    3 Tancred's spines
    A lot of elite stuff

The next day i completed about 1/3 of the 85th level and he dropped moser's shield.

My merc dies sometimes but i do not look back to see why.

A side question: How do you make the teleporter to his lair stay up?
    My meteorb is Matted and the teleporter is there, my assassin cant beat the ancients but the teleporter is not there even though ive rescued Anya.

20. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

If you activate a waypoint in Halls of Pain, the red portal will not be present anymore. (The red portal is there for you being able to get to Nihlathak if you don't have that waypoint. )