Pindle & Hammerdin

katjira

Diabloii.Net Member
Pindle & Hammerdin

Ok this may be a dumb question. But how do you kill pindle with a hammerdin?
Its so narrow in there my hammers can't reach far and I keep dying. Its getting frustrating.

Any and all help appreciated. Thanks
 

assmuffin

Diabloii.Net Member
Dracoy said:
I like to teleport on them and them spam spears.
Umm...didn't the question pertain to Hammerdins? Alright, anyway, my answer is don't kill Pindle with a Hammerdin. Save your Hammerdin for delicious Baal runs.
 

DrizzitT

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, the front part of the house thingy where pindle is can actually take two rotations of the hammer. What i usually do is just just inside the door and start casting hammers. Theres a specific spot where the hammers will swing around, and just miss the top corner of the room. When pindle's minions start charging you, they are stopped usually at that corner, so its a pretty easy run. It might take a few times to find it though, but after a while, its extremely easy to position yourself there. The problem is... you have to establish yourself there before any of the minions charge you... if they charge you, your in trouble
 

katjira

Diabloii.Net Member
DrizzitT said:
Actually, the front part of the house thingy where pindle is can actually take two rotations of the hammer. What i usually do is just just inside the door and start casting hammers. Theres a specific spot where the hammers will swing around, and just miss the top corner of the room. When pindle's minions start charging you, they are stopped usually at that corner, so its a pretty easy run. It might take a few times to find it though, but after a while, its extremely easy to position yourself there. The problem is... you have to establish yourself there before any of the minions charge you... if they charge you, your in trouble

Thanks DrizzitT I'll try that, I know I can mf everywhere else and its just annoying me that I keep dying to pindle, so thanks for the help.

:)
 
L

leesh

Guest
DrizzitT said:
Actually, the front part of the house thingy where pindle is can actually take two rotations of the hammer. What i usually do is just just inside the door and start casting hammers. Theres a specific spot where the hammers will swing around, and just miss the top corner of the room. When pindle's minions start charging you, they are stopped usually at that corner, so its a pretty easy run. It might take a few times to find it though, but after a while, its extremely easy to position yourself there. The problem is... you have to establish yourself there before any of the minions charge you... if they charge you, your in trouble
Why are you guys doing it the hard way? Remember the 1 point wonder skill Redemption? it works on the minions that are laying around in the front of his temple. Right before you enter anya's portal have it on, move around the yard in front of the temple gets rid of most if not all of the bodies that are laying around. The bodies you should be most concerned with are the ones right by the steps to Pindle. Once you have that clear which takes less than 10 secs, lure pin and his minions out south of the steps and in the bottom right coner spam away your hammers, there is plenty of room for full 2 rotations. If you bolder, just clear the front yard via Redemption and as soon as you enter the temple stand on the bottom right coner, just inside the door way and you can effectivley throw hammers. You wont get 2 full rotations but you will get hammers out in front of you, this way is not always 100% but if you get it right, it goes alot quicker.
 

DrizzitT

Diabloii.Net Member
Eh... i find it just easier to charge up right inside the door, start hammering, and by the time pindle's dead, the minions have just started to get up... i grab my loot and run. The only position in the house is kind of hard to find though... too much to the right, your hammer hits the inside door. Too much too the left, it hits the left wall... but once you get it, pindle can never get close to you. And leesh, that door trick is what im talking about... you CAN get 2 rotations though, but its hard to find
 

Wurmer

Diabloii.Net Member
Pindle running with an hammerdin is a bit tidious but still doable. Frist, I always have my merc handy, he can take quite a beating if need be. On my switch I use a Naj's staff with teleport charges that I use to teleport right on top of pindle and start firing hammers. It still a dangerous business. My hammerdin does not sport much dr and if unlucky I can get charge locked by pindle and his minions and die rather quickly.
 
L

leesh

Guest
DrizzitT said:
Eh... i find it just easier to charge up right inside the door, start hammering, and by the time pindle's dead, the minions have just started to get up... i grab my loot and run. The only position in the house is kind of hard to find though... too much to the right, your hammer hits the inside door. Too much too the left, it hits the left wall... but once you get it, pindle can never get close to you. And leesh, that door trick is what im talking about... you CAN get 2 rotations though, but its hard to find

Iam not saying that which way is right or wrong, iam just saying that if you do it my way, you have a safe retreat back into the yard, if you do it the other way and miss your pally is gonna be in for a world of hurt.
 

GatoMuerto

Diabloii.Net Member
DrizzitT said:
Actually, the front part of the house thingy where pindle is can actually take two rotations of the hammer. What i usually do is just just inside the door and start casting hammers. Theres a specific spot where the hammers will swing around, and just miss the top corner of the room. When pindle's minions start charging you, they are stopped usually at that corner, so its a pretty easy run. It might take a few times to find it though, but after a while, its extremely easy to position yourself there. The problem is... you have to establish yourself there before any of the minions charge you... if they charge you, your in trouble

Is it possible to get a screenie of your "position"? I've tried to MF pindle in NM to get gear for me wife to use, and it has been rather... disheartening.
 

Tanatus

Diabloii.Net Member
Gmm have you tried MF Griswood in Tristan? .... about as productive as killing for loot Pindle. In other words why hammerdin would want to do Pindle then you can do Baal, Mephisto, Diablo as fast as you do Pindle?
 

Gog

Diabloii.Net Member
Pindle is easy to find compared to the act bosses. It takes me like 30 min of running to find Durance 3 usually.
 

fraquar

Diabloii.Net Member
Tanatus said:
Gmm have you tried MF Griswood in Tristan? .... about as productive as killing for loot Pindle. In other words why hammerdin would want to do Pindle then you can do Baal, Mephisto, Diablo as fast as you do Pindle?
I agree that there are better options for doing Pindle runs than a Hammerdin, but [B,M,D] as fast as Pindle, gimme some of what your smokin. With my Cleric I can do Pindle in under 1 minute start to finish (without Teleport).
 

Euro-Crash

Diabloii.Net Member
katjira said:
Ok this may be a dumb question. But how do you kill pindle with a hammerdin?
Its so narrow in there my hammers can't reach far and I keep dying. Its getting frustrating.

Any and all help appreciated. Thanks
U dont...you go and run ELDRITCH instead. Thats how I lvld from 89-90 and found an SOJ, Tal Ammy and IST rune. He has lower odds...but can drop anything in the game just as Pindle can. Oh yeah, and he is quicker to get to than Pindle. An Eldritch run takes all of 15 seconds (including time to get to him). Pindle takes about 25 (including time to get to him).

Another reason to ELDRITCH: he stands out in the open with no walls or obstructions to your hammers.
 

Tanatus

Diabloii.Net Member
Oki... what fast runs yet that not requied enigma? here we go
a) Travis Hell - objective runes Mal-Cham (highest in game chance to drop have concil members) - time frame ~20-25second
b) Chaois Sanctuary + Diablo - objective big D loot (third highest loot table after Baal and Nilathak) and 3 superunique that spawns from seals. If you have ANY items with TP charges it takes ~5-6 charges to get in the middle of CS from here it take less then 150 second to clean whole CS and kill big D
c) Shrenk/Eldrich - take about 10-15second to kill both loot is comparable to Pindle
d) Pit run - loot is superior over Pindle because champs/uniques in pit can drop every single item in game including TM and Zod rune which Pindle cannt do. After WP outer closets with using vigor running along pathway to Pit take around 10-20second
 
Top