Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pindle dropped a cranium basher. Odd.

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by hittitian, Mar 16, 2004.

1. hittitian

hittitian IncGamers Member

Pindle dropped a cranium basher. Odd.

As far as I heard of, Pindle is not supposed to drop a cranium basher in 1.10 because of the new area dependence for item generation. But, last night for some odd reason, my barb found a gold thunder maul on the ground while pindle runs and it was a basher.

Someone explain it please. Thanks.

2. hittitian

Never mind. I was wrong. Btw, what should i do to delete my thread?

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Edit: It seems I needed too much time to write this ;)

You can't delete threads, and even though you might know the answer now, others might be interested in it.

Pindle can drop a Cranium Basher.

Roughly spoken, the TC of an area determines which item type can be dropped while the monster level determines how good these items can be. However, super-uniques and act bosses are an exception to the TC limit.

Meph, for example, can drop up to TC 78, even though the area he is in has TC 84, so all other monsters can theoretically drop better stuff - but I'm not sure about the councils. Howewer, Meph's chance to drop unique items is far greater and he has a very good monster level (87) which makes him the better target. He can even drop Arachnid Mesh and Azurewrath which Pindle can't.

Back to Pindle: He can drop from any TC, but his monster level is only 86. That means he can drop any item except Tyraels's Might, Arachnid Mesh and Azurewrath because their item level is 87. He also cannot drop the Annihilus and cow set items, of course.

4. hittitian

I saw a unique monster/council in durance 3 dropping a magic colossus blade, and I've never seen them dropping it in 1.09. So, I guess something has been changed since 1.10's arrival.

Does this mean they can drop a GF?

But, this is based upon just my experience so far. So, they would have been dropping a magic cb even in 1.09 days.

5. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Absolutely things have changed since 1.09, and they couldn't have dropped those there before.

The Durance is a level 83 area in Hell. That means the monsters in there are mlvl 83, and boss monsters are mlvl 86. For complicated reasons (I suggest you look for posts on "area level 85" for more info) this lets them drop from the very highest TCs.

Possibly surprisingly, Mephisto himself isn't affected by these changes so he can still only drop up to TC78, and he won't drop you a GF. But the other monsters around him can.