Picture of the Week (3/26/05)

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
Picture of the Week (3/26/05)

Here's one of those cool accidents of photography. I was photographing the fountain in the courtyard outside my room in dusk lighting, so the flash was necessary. Even with that, though, the shutter stayed open a split second longer. Most of the exposure caught the drops in freeze frame. A slight bit at the end, though, followed the drops down. The result was these weird ethereal-looking trails after the drops. Water Ghosts!

cyclotronic

Diabloii.Net Member
I do that all the time with my 35mm camera, makes photographing water seens so much more dramatic. Lower the shutter speed and increase the aperature. Very cool picture man.

olie0923

Diabloii.Net Member
That's kind of a cool pic! I can't think of what it reminds me of exactly. The water coming off the rim looks like some kind of wierd ice formation. Defintely a cool pic to me though.

StarStageGurl

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow Ev_ . You make me want to run out and sign up for a photography class. Maybe I will, someday. I've been saying that a lot havn't I?
It's amazing how something so simple can be captured in a moment of such beauty.

Jesse24

Diabloii.Net Member
MixedVariety said:
Cool picture indeed, Ev. But really it looks like a closeup of an overflowing urinal to me.
Well in that case, I'd hate to see where you've been peeing.

SassyChickyMomma

Diabloii.Net Member
Ev_ said:
Here's one of those cool accidents of photography. I was photographing the fountain in the courtyard outside my room in dusk lighting, so the flash was necessary. Even with that, though, the shutter stayed open a split second longer. Most of the exposure caught the drops in freeze frame. A slight bit at the end, though, followed the drops down. The result was these weird ethereal-looking trails after the drops. Water Ghosts!
:D MUY GROOVY :D
the water kinda looks like it is frozen or something.

i assume *(yes: making and ASS out of U and ME, something my dad always said)* that you are into photography, so what do you normally use for subjects? nature, people, other?? and what kind of camera do you use?
got any other cool pics??

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
SassyChickyMomma said:
i assume *(yes: making and ASS out of U and ME, something my dad always said)* that you are into photography, so what do you normally use for subjects? nature, people, other?? and what kind of camera do you use?
got any other cool pics??
I am by no means a great photographer. I'm a graphic designer, so I always need phtographs of...everything. I take pictures to stockpile for future usage so I don't have to worry about royalty issues and whatnot. I just shoot picutes with my digicam. Nothin' super special.

I've posted a few other pics. You can find them here.

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
That really is a stunning and very artistic photograph. Even if you did it by accident, it's still impressive.