Pick my new character!

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Pick my new character!

So I've died fairly early in a few tournaments I've been in recently, and I don't feel like joining another one, so I'm going back to good ol' SP. Right now my only char is a javazon in NM leftover from the glass cannons tourney, so any other build is open (though if you say enchantress I will cry, I didnt make it out of act one in that tourney). Characters I've woefully underplayed include necros and druids (and I actually thought about building a golemancer), and my favorite chars are sins and pallys. So just post what build you want to see me attempt and I'll get on it right away. It's going to be untwinked and SC, I have a feeling some builds posted may be prone to dying :grin: and whichever is the first to get three votes I'll go ahead and start it up.

Thanks for your inputs!

Sir Lister of Smeg

Diabloii.Net Member
Since you're complaining about playing too few necros and druids, I guess it should be one of those. My vote goes to a daggermancer, with a bowler as backup.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Some form of druid is definately winning, but that bow necro seems challenging. I'm assuming a bowler uses molten bolder as their attack? (If a bowler is a necro build and I'm this clueless... boy am I in trouble)
Right now:

Wind druid - 2
Summon druid - 2

Freezealot - 1
Dentist - 1
Daggermancer - 1
Elemental Druid - 1

One more vote for windy or summoner and I'll be making one of those. I think I had a dentist once and up until act three it was a lot of fun and cool, but once I couldnt kill anything I dumped it :tongue:

Cygnus

Diabloii.Net Member
IIRC, it's a bow-using summon druid. I'm not sure of much for other details though.
A hunter is a bow-wielding druid with points almost exclusively in the summoning tree.

A couple of hunter guides:
http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=481
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/index.php?showtopic=64620

I have a lvl42 hunter in WSK2 and it has been a blast thus far. Got pwned by Diablo as a single fire nova was enough to kill all my summons, so I doubt if this is HC-viable. But other than that, the HoW/wolves or bear/merc combo is deadly.

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
If I went the route of the hunter, what method do you use for killing PIs?
I was thinking of trying to use fireclaws as a backup skill for hell, something along these lines

20 dire wolf
20 grizzly
20 HoW
1 Raven
1 Poison creeper (more?)
1 Spirit wolf (more?)

20 Fire claw
1 Werewolf (or should I go wearbear?)

Moar

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
If I went the route of the hunter, what method do you use for killing PIs?
WWS for your Hunter and Reaper's Toll on the Merc worked fine for me. The amp damage didn't trigger often enough for my taste, so I doubled up on the curses. I hardly ever noticed the overriding to be a problem.

My Hunter (heavily twinked) only died once to Nilathak's CE. He had no major problems anywhere. I didn't like the Grizzly because he was soooo slow and only used him for act bosses and occassionaly when my wolves very dying too fast.

All in all I really enjoyed playing him. :smiley:

Evah

Diabloii.Net Member
pure fire druid. definitely. pure fire.
this one is great. you start gaining power from the very beginning (you put as much as you can into FS, then rise fissure etc. no waiting till lvl 24 a-la windie to get your main battle skill) so this one can never be boring. blast your FI enemies with maxed boulder and 'cano! roast the rest with maxed fissure! nyaaaaa ^___^