Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

pick my multiplay character

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Fluffballer, Nov 13, 2006.

?

HC mode implemented?

1. Yeah, I love to play, HC FTW.

30.2%
  2. Yes, but I'm not touching it.

51.2%
  3. No, I'll play only SC.

11.6%
  4. Nope, remove it entirely, SC FTW.

7.0%
  1. Fluffballer

Fluffballer Diabloii.Net Member

pick my multiplay character

Since I play D2 so much, my girlfriend decided she'd give it a whirl as well. She played a bit and liked it so we're going to try some multiplayer with each other. She decided to be a fire sorc because "she's pretty". Here are her "requirements" for the game:

-She's terrified of her character dying.
    -She loves picking stuff up.
    -She likes seeing skills in action.

So I wanted to play a character that keeps her sorc safe and has some neat skills to look at. My thoughts were:

-an elemental/summon druid. The summons can tank and boost her life and the druid has far and away the best looking skills in the game. If I go for armageddon I'll have every elemental skill to show off.
    -poison/summon necro. The summons definetly keep her alive, though necro skills are pretty boring and repetitive and it might be kind of boring for both of us with all those skellies killing everything.
    -some sort of combo pally. FoH looks pretty neat and some weak hammers help with basic killing speed. Maybe some zealing as well. Auras and my Holy Shield keep her safe.

Whatcha think?

2. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy Diabloii.Net Member

Fire/summoner druid. Have her use CL/FO build (four types of damage).

Also, hybrid paladins are only necessary in PvP. In PvM, you'll only use one skill anyways.

crg

3. Fluffballer

Fluffballer Diabloii.Net Member

The point of having combo characters is to show off lots of skills. A straight hammerdin would ruin the game for her since a) I'd kill everything and b) they're boring to look at. FoH looks badass and zealing and hammers could be the real killers.

4. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy Diabloii.Net Member

True, but you'll also want to let her participate. Therefore, I suggest using a weaker character that looks cool. Besides, she'll think the wolves are cute (use the spirit, not dire wolves).

crg

5. BongoFury

BongoFury Diabloii.Net Member

Pally. Go with Conviction as your main aura to uberfy her fire skills, and max Holy Shield so you can tank for her. You could go with either Vengeance or Zeal for your main attack. And still have points available for some utility auras (vigor, cleansing, meditation, salvation, ...) and flashy though impotent skills (FoH, Hammers, ...). Let her be the star of the team and you be the supportive type.

My second choice would be the Poison/Summons Necro. Use the minions as a meat shield and Lower Resists as your main curse to boost the two of your attacks. Max Skellies and a point in Revives should give you adequate protection. Then throw in some Bone Walls and Prisons for added security (and visual effects). Use the other curses for special occasions and for variety.

6. Dark Matter

Dark Matter Diabloii.Net Member

Well, if you are always going to be partied then you don't need a ton of summons. You could go Poison/Bone with a few points in the Summon tree for a decent level golem.

7. NacRuno

NacRuno Diabloii.Net Site Pal

I've also voted for druid for the style points :azn:

A summoner (pure or hybrid) would do the trick for you...

8. Tupsi

Tupsi Diabloii.Net Member

I voted Druid.
    Go with summons because they are just great tanks. Are the dying creepers/vines too eww for her? I'd keep Spirit wolves or Grizzly summoned for the cuteness factor and Oak sage over HoW of course.
    Shapeshifting tree would let you be better killer, but that wasn't the thing you were searching for... So, you could go for stunning bear. Very protective-looking, it is protective with Maul and Shockwave, looks funny. Keep your weapon or Maul handicapped or something if it seems you kill too fast.
    I think Armageddon is a must from the Elemental tree, but is the duration annoying without added points in Fissure? Oh well, it's just recasting...

9. Frozen Orb

Frozen Orb Banned

I say you do a pure light sorceress. Your damage would be soo insane, and you have your gf to deal with with light immunes. Plus with your dual mercs, one could be holy freeze for cold damage and a cold effect, and one could be might, so from that, her pure fire damage will be insane, as well as your pure light damage, plus you'll have a chillin effect with two strong physicall hitting mercs.

10. DanTheMann

DanTheMann Banned

I like the fire/summon druid idea

Sounds fun, infact I might make one myself

11. nebux

nebux Diabloii.Net Member

wind dr00d rocks.
    you physical and cold damage, girl fire damage

12. Cattleya

Cattleya Diabloii.Net Member

I'd vote for an avenger. Conviction removes the immunity of so many fire immunes, she won't get frustrated by not being able to damage a good portion of the monsters in Hell. Plus, avengers make pretty good tanks.

If you want pyrotechnics, why not try to get some fun chance to cast equipment going? Frost Nova and Nova look pretty cool. :grin:

13. zenithsmith

zenithsmith Diabloii.Net Member

i voted necro, but if cool looking things are needed, plus safety i'd go for a 'Sin trap/charge up skills hybrid, traps look cool - i love the lit trap, same with charge up skills and tanking ability

14. barren

barren Diabloii.Net Member

I voted pally for a medic build, you can heal and use conviction. But after reading Frozen Orb's reply I agree with him, a pure light sorc is soooooooooooooo much fun and the downside of only being 1 element is moot with a sorc partner of an opposing element. You can go energy shield and be the tank if you want, draw hits to keep your girlfriend safe.

15. Quickdeath

Quickdeath Diabloii.Net Member

Re: pick my multiplay character

You had it right the first time: elemental druid with some summons.

Molten Boulder is a hoot to watch and play. Volcano, and fissure add killing power and variety. Switching between a bear and three dire wolves is visually fun and adds safety. Ravens are a nice visual touch.

EDIT: There's a glitch, the poll is now not the one you started.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  16. Hoop76

Hoop76 Diabloii.Net Member

Wow that poll was started almost 5 years ago lol. I vote HC windy by the way.

17. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Let me get this right, you and your girlfriend are romanticly going to clear Diablo 2 top to bottom? That is your romance?????
    Damn, has she got a sister? I never meet a girl who is willing to let me play my games without biting my ear off. Nice catch ;)

To answer your question, I'd go fire druid :)