Physical Immunity fades?

XaviarGangrel

Diabloii.Net Member
Physical Immunity fades?

I've been playing my Fishymancer in Hell, and have started to come accross my first PI creatures, but I've noticed that after awhile with my skellies hitting them their PI tag disappears, and the skellies start to do alot of damage like normal. I dont use the lower Res curse, I use Amp Damage almost alone, and my merc doesnt have anything that cuts down their resists, does this always happen or is my game bugging out?

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Amp Damage reduces Physical Resist - and it's one of the 4 skills that can remove immunities.

Slartibartfast

Diabloii.Net Member
Shade said:
Amp Damage reduces Physical Resist - and it's one of the 4 skills that can remove immunities.
Thats pretty cool.. didn't know that, is it something new or was it already there in 1.09 and didn't i ever notice it because i was a cowing sorc freak?

Zavior

Diabloii.Net Member
If monster has 100% DR
Amp gives you 100% more physical dmg
They negate each other. So after that monster has 0% DR.

Ryondaahl

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, interesting. I have to test that in 1.09 as my Necromancer is not that far from Hell and this would make some battles a lot easier. Arcane Sanctuary with lots of Ghosts comes to mind, brrr.

cheers,

Ryondaahl

Uzziah

Diabloii.Net Member
Zavior said:
If monster has 100% DR
Amp gives you 100% more physical dmg
They negate each other. So after that monster has 0% DR.
IIRC The PI monsters have a physical resist of over 100 and thus are immune to physical. Amp damage like other reduce resistances sources works at 1/5 the strength on immune monsters.

Thus if you have a monster with 119% physical resist and hit them with 100% amp damage 1/5 * 100% = 20% then 119% - 20% = 99% they would then no longer be immune to physical because they have a resistance lower then 100.

Further information about this can be found in the necro forum or the sorc forum.

Zarhrezz

Diabloii.Net Member
Uzziah said:
IIRC The PI monsters have a physical resist of over 100 and thus are immune to physical. Amp damage like other reduce resistances sources works at 1/5 the strength on immune monsters.

Thus if you have a monster with 119% physical resist and hit them with 100% amp damage 1/5 * 100% = 20% then 119% - 20% = 99% they would then no longer be immune to physical because they have a resistance lower then 100.

Further information about this can be found in the necro forum or the sorc forum.
Correct, with the addition that all PI monsters in the game have 100% physical resistance (unlike other immunitues, that generally are higher than 100%). This does mean that the physical immunity on all normal, Minion and Champion (except Ghostly Champion) PIs can be broken by Amplify Damage and Decrepify. For Ghostly Champions and Uniques it is possible that the physical immunity cannot be broken, Ghostly adds 50%, Stone Skin adds 80%, so if the base monster has 70% physical resist for a Ghostly Champion or 40% for a Stone Skin unique, Amplify Damage won't remove the immunity.

SideShowBob

Diabloii.Net Member
Ryondaahl said:
Hmm, interesting. I have to test that in 1.09 as my Necromancer is not that far from Hell and this would make some battles a lot easier. Arcane Sanctuary with lots of Ghosts comes to mind, brrr.

cheers,

Ryondaahl
Ryondaahl,

This is a 1.10 feature. Your best bet in 1.09 is to use Lower Resist.