Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Physical Immunes - how you're dealing with them?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by RadTang, Aug 7, 2016.

1. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

I am in the beginning of act 5 hell (P8) and can't progress further through the act. I am re-running first two areas to get the exp I have lost because I died rerunning these areas. The PI Ghosts from A1 were hard but doable for me. The Frenzytaurs are impossible to kill. PI and even though I can lower their immunity to just a heavy resistance, they're unkillable. How could a summon necro cope with them? Except s&e to re-roll monsters which the method I am using. :) And I will use it every time I see one of these too strong mofos !

2. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

I thought this is why Summoners invest points into Corpse Explosion (aside from having something to do while playing)

3. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Yeah but it's not helpful in this case. I am reviving the Hell Temptresses as they're useful and there aren't many corpses. Respecing into bonemancer is impossible as I have no items for it.

I have progressed through Abaddon - no Blood Lords. Even Spear Cats aren't that big problem.

4. pharphis

pharphis IncGamers Site Pal

Either switch to a lower setting (p1 or p3) or wait forever for them to die. There isn't really a better way around it. Your merc should have some crushing blow, ideally (ex/ guillame's face) but even that will have reduced effectiveness on /p8

5. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

That's the problem. He has NOTHING except a semi-decent amount of life leech. I have the belt from the set but no helm. Without that bonehew he would do shit dmg. I have poor drops. Nothing nice dropped in act 5 so far..

6. pharphis

/p8 is literally the worst for summoners without an extremely strong merc, because corpse explosion barely helps even with amplify dmg when it comes to high life, high phys res enemies. I would give /p3 a try

7. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

I have no bigger problems except these PIs :) Seems that my merc is strong enough to cope with regular situation and he's the biggest dmg dealer for me.

Gotta finish D2 quick as I want to start D3 after I return home...

8. pharphis

You can also make an iron golem with as much crushing blow as you can. Rattlecage or some cheap runeword or low level unique can easily get you 25%

RadTang likes this.
  9. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

I have one Rattlecage and a lot of low end runes. Next summoner will be with IG as I can't respec myself. Thanks for mentioning it.

Edit:

Gorebellies - they should be good to have as revives against PI enemies.

10. pharphis

All you need is 1 pt iron golem and spare points (if you want) can go into golem mastery or blood golem or whatever to boost life. The golem should last very long for a summoner due tot he number of meat shields and you can always TP to heal if it gets close to death.

edit: yes gorebellies are good but again only if the PI enemy is breakably immune (no longer immune after amp dmg)

11. Mezion

Mezion IncGamers Member

I am so sorry

12. maareek

maareek IncGamers Member

I intend to make a pretty in-depth post here later when I have time, but for right now I want to point out that Crushing Blow is dealt in physical damage, meaning it is useless against physical immune monsters. Even against breakable ones, it's barely useful. A great stat to have on a summoner's merc in general, because Act Bosses are such a complete pain for that build, but not meaningful in this situation.

13. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Just meet a Gorebelly boss with unbreakable immunity. Killed and revived minions and tp'ed outta there ! He could singlehandedly kill me and my army.

I have +12 to summoning and to all skills (together). Could give it a shot next time as I have a point every golem except fire (1 dmg for CG is not worth the point put in FG).

Edit:
    Thanks @maareek !

I plan to write a summoner guide based upon my experience. Nothing new except my personal thoughts.

14. pharphis

clay golem does virtually 0 dmg. It only good as a cheap meatshield that slows down act bosses. Iron golem is the only one that can plausibly be useful otherwise and it's only marginally better than having a good merc on it's own. CB, or tons of elemental dmg (or more likely, just an insight iron golem) is about as good as it gets but they attack so slow that again it's going to take ages to kill any PI monster especially on p8.

15. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

I wouldn't try p8 hell with a melee char. That necro was an experiment. Quite successful. Hope I will pat him in the next week :)

16. Brak

Brak IncGamers Member

You'd be better off with Static Field. I'd go with Hwanin's Refuge if I had to since they get hit more than they hit.

17. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

Nice proc ! Unfortunately, it's impossible to uptier the set items :( I have Hwanin's belt and weapon. My merc used the bill for some time as this was the best I had for him. Now he's wearing Crown of Thieves, Duriel's Shell (the armor) and Bonehew socketed with Realgar jewel and Amn rune (for extra life steal).

18. pharphis

Maybe. Crushing blow is effective below 50% health (albeit less) but static doesn't do anything. Plus, static's usefulness is diminished by lite res as well

19. RadTang

RadTang IncGamers Member

And Hell kicks 50% penalty for SF (monsters can't be lowered to less than 50% HP with SF. Still, it's useful, even as a proc.

20. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

Make them run away /w Terror. There was a necro who way back finished Act 5 hell (or more?) without only killing what was absolutely necessary. Lots of dim vision and terror. Ended up killing Baal, a door or two in the highlands, and IIRC, that's about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk