Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Phoenix Strike Sin Can survive Hell?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Mr.Bogohossian, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

Phoenix Strike Sin Can survive Hell?

Just wondering if anyone have made a PS sin.
    Mine is going to wear full nats set with jadetalon as 2nd claw.
    maxing
    ps
    fist of fire
    thunder
    ice.

Thats tri-elemental damage in hell, just wondering if that would be good enough for ancient tunnel/pit runs.

2. NeoSolidSnake

NeoSolidSnake IncGamers Member

Of course she can survive, you just gotta be careful and DO NOT be cocky :p

Strong enough to kill stuff yes, but im not sure about the life and your other skills etc.

i made a pure PS Assassin once, she was doing great, she could easily swipe anything to death, but the only thing was i pumped too much str/dex to use her stuff and her life was a tad low, 500 at lvl60, with 30-50res in nightmare, low %block with 2 claws..

wasn't careful of the FELE Archer, blew myself to death >_<

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I would stay away from Blades of Ice. It's more useful for the freezing effect than for dmg. Instead of going that route I'd do one of the following:

1. max TigerStrike for a bigger dmg "third element" (physical).
    2. get a decent radius DeathSentry for cleaning up.
    3. max Venom and get one point in Blade Fury for a ranged attack.

Either way you'll have to invest a fair amount into ClawBlock (60% blocking would be ideal). The full set actually gives pretty decent resists and a TON of MDR, so you might consider using Bartuc's (upgraded = secksie) instead of Jade. I dunno, I think it could definitely work in Hell

4. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

made a phoenix sin that died in act 1 hell due to carelessness but she was kicking *** anyways :)

go for phoenix strike then max claws of thunder and then erm the fire one, if you are like me you'll find out that claws of thunder ends up to be a lot better than phoenix strike but 2nd charge from phoenix strike looks so cool nothign beats that chain lightning :)

5. Silkweed

Silkweed IncGamers Member

I wouldn't advise maxing all the synergies. Pick one element to major in, and one to minor in. The other element will only be in case you run into double immunes, in which case you still do physical and poison damage. You will need far more skills in the shadow tree than in your MA tree. My first HCL character was a PS sin, and she got very far considering her sub-par gear. Bought it in to a nasty modded Lister trying to get the strength to wear the Bartuc's (which I never should have upgraded, wasn't counting on the new str/dex req.s). Her build was as follows:

Str: 120 with equ. (For upgraded Tucs)
    Dex: 120 with equ. (Tuc's)
    Vit: Remaining

Max PS
    Max CoT
    10 FoF
    10 WB
    ~10 BoS
    ~10 SM
    1 DS
    1 DFlight
    1 Venom
    1 CoS

I can't remember if I was going to put many points into CM or DC, but since all your damage is elemental, you should be able to get by with only 1 point in each. CoT does insane amounts of lightning damage (to the tune of 15k) when used with PS's second charge. The meteor charge is very useful against LI's and the freezing effect on the third charge is really its only feature, the damage, even with maxed synergies, is negligible.

The more points the merrier in SM, as she's your best tank. BoS is nice for the extra speed, might want to check the ias calc to figure out how many points is optimal, and 10 points in WB gives you 50% block to all forms of attack without the 1/3 RW penalty.

6. STINGER

STINGER IncGamers Member

Pheniox is good for PI, but I cant see it as Hell viable since your leeching which is already tuff in Hell will even be less with that skill.

i am makig a MA Sin like this

Max TS Main skill
    Pheniox Max (maybe less not sure yet)
    1 DS +skills
    1 Blades +skills (have to do something while IMed)
    Max Master (screw warrior)
    1 DF (considering more)

Not sure about the rest of the points, i think adding Talon would rock but I have a Talon Sin and dont want another so I am considering Flight ot maybe Tail.

1 point DS with +skills is plenty......i simply see more as overkill and waste.

Melee builds MUST leech if they dont the will die thus is why I see Pheniox as a PI skill not a main skill. Do as you wish.

7. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

i am definitely putting my wb to at least 50%+
    i dont think i would need 10 pts into bos, have to check still.
    with jadetalon, i get 2 martial arts 2 shadow disc, 30 fhr, 12 ml, and 45 resis all. need that resis, even with the boost from complete nats set, resis wont be enough for hell. bartuc got better damage and stregth/dex boost but no resis. I think i will stack at least 10 ma gcs in my stash, hope that will help boost up the damage. i was thinking of using mindblast instead of deathsentry, because mindblast converts monsters, giving me some breathing space. My merc will wear full sazabi's set, hopefully he can do some tanking in pit.

8. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

I think for Safety I'd prefer Fade over BoS. Specially since it'll give you a damage reduction equal to skill level... @ SL 25 that's 25% free already. With a Nat's set you won't have room to spare to plunk in something like a Rockstopper or a Shaft, so...

I would advise to just try and obtain a claw from Anya with something like +2 to Death Sentry. Get another claw with +3 traps and you'll be set with your Death Sentry. Carry it on Weapon Switch and just quickly lay down a few traps, then go back to slaughering. They can be shopped easily enough from Anya. That way you'll save a ton of skill points and still will have your DS.