phoenix strike question

uncountednose

Diabloii.Net Member
phoenix strike question

so im making my first serious assassin and i just wasnt attracted to kickers, trappers, or blade fury assassins so i decided to make a phoenix striker. the fact that it seems to not be popular just increased its appeal to me.

here is my question i just passes lvl 30 today and my phoenix strike seems to not be operating correctly. when i get all 3 charges up and release(with either tiger strike or dragon flight) only the ice is released. if i do 2 charges only the lightning and if i do 1 charge of course the meteor or meteors if im using tiger strike.

why arent all 3 charges being released at once? i have been lurking in the assassin forums for a couple of weeks now and i havent seen any mention of this problem. is it a closed realm thing? an equipment issue? does it only release with a specific finishing move? does this skill just not work right? im at a loss:sad2:

edit: im going to bed now so if you have any questions for me im not ignoring you im asleep

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
Just to elaborate slightly, no there is nothing wrong with your install and this happens for all realms and Single Player.

The number of charges determines which type of attack Phoenix Strike releases. You can't get all three at once, you need to pick the one you want, obtain the correct number of charges and then release them.

I think the game would be just a bit too easy if all three released at once :)

BIGeyedBUG

Diabloii.Net Member
FoF, CoT, and BoI do release multiple charges at once, however, which is probably why you were expecting PS to do the same.

SSoG

Diabloii.Net Member
Care to elaborate on that?
In 1.0, Corpse Explosion scaled with the number of players in the game, so it was possible to kill any enemy in the game in just two CEs (or one Amp + CE), even in players 8 games. As a result, pretty much all of the top characters on ladder were just Necros who maxed CE and leveled up alone in player8 games. As a result, it was considered to be "broken"- i.e. way, way, way too overpowered. Much like Static Field before they applied the damage caps, or Guided Arrow back when it worked with pierce.

Bliphgar

Diabloii.Net Member
In 1.0, Corpse Explosion scaled with the number of players in the game, so it was possible to kill any enemy in the game in just two CEs (or one Amp + CE), even in players 8 games. As a result, pretty much all of the top characters on ladder were just Necros who maxed CE and leveled up alone in player8 games. As a result, it was considered to be "broken"- i.e. way, way, way too overpowered. Much like Static Field before they applied the damage caps, or Guided Arrow back when it worked with pierce.
<3 the old burizons