Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

phoenix sin finisher!?!?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by maxxfury, Mar 28, 2004.

1. maxxfury

maxxfury IncGamers Member

phoenix sin finisher!?!?

firstly id just like to say hi to every on here!!!

what is the best move to release my phoenix charges?

i will be usin a dual claw sin (dual bartucs later on i think)

i was thinkin of usin dragon claw but have seen some builds that dont list a finisher for phoenix sins and it got me thinkin about a normal hit..

am i right thinkin that i dont need the finishers physical damage as phoenix is elemental??

any help will be appriciated...

thx.

2. Bonescorpion

Bonescorpion IncGamers Member

I would go with the dc as a finisher, simply because even with one point in it, ur twin bartucs will raise the lvl to 7. Any extra damage and ar is always a plus.

3. maxxfury

thx for the quick reply

help appreciated

4. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

There is one possible reason to use normal attack instead of DC: It's faster, and speed's pretty important for a PStriker. I would only consider this if your chance to hit is really high--DC also has the advantage of giving you two chances to release, so AR isn't quite as important.

5. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

Where u have seens builds / guides referring to teh phoenix sin? can u post me a link or somethin plz? I'm raisin also a phoenix sin ... and need some advice for complementary skills

6. Drunken_Tiger

Drunken_Tiger IncGamers Member

Actually, im leaning more towards dragon tail. That is if you're pvm. That dragontail will leave that patch of fire, crowd control.

-drunken

7. maxxfury

ive remember a guide for a ps sin but dont have the exact url for it

"desslocks rpg " i think and may have been on gamespot.

but i dont think it a 1.10 guide!

8. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

True .. i havent found a guide or a deep post with builds / experiences from players about phoenix sin build 1.10 yet ... any of u know any? BTW .... do u think BoI is worth pumping just for the damage of the 3rd charge of PS (no more freezin time) or that 20 points could go better to venom (it will work with any charge and finisher ... and good for single monsters)

Any other suggestion?

9. noogabooga

noogabooga IncGamers Member

I have a pure phoenix strike sin and she's really fun to play... the essence of my build is speed and allows me to spam meteors and chain lightning. Burst of Speed will help you here, as well as using normal attack as the finisher. I have maxed the fire and lightning synergies but not the cold one b/c it is only ever useful for the freezing feature. When dealing with a mob, I would first freeze them, spam a couple of meteors then finish with chain lightning. Ignore Target Defence would be a desirable weapon mod for this build imo.

10. Kaze

Kaze IncGamers Member

Yes nooga thast almost exactly how i play and my allocation of points aswell ... i use normal finisher by default coz is quicker to chain charge - release - charge - release with a quick an harmonic right - left click ... (meteor charge) and burst of speed on . I switch between the 1st and seond charge depending on inmunities / how far ar monster between em ,and really works, the colsd charge just for freezin or when I try to get th second and i dont time well ;) Thats why i thought it could be of some use maxing it , coz sometimes when u dont want and try to cast th second charge of PS with BoS on u get 3rd by mistake ... but the max damage per bolt with my current level of PS with sinergy would be 1500 almost max damge per bolt .. and now is like 570 or so

Ah yes i use nats set, and the claw makes a big difference in speed for chaining 1 meteor after other coz never misses .. when facing some miniboss i switch to dragon claw finisher for having some decent ar againts him ( ITD seems to not work with em)