Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Phoenix shield, fire claws, firestorm question

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by YellowDyeNo5, Jun 2, 2005.

1. YellowDyeNo5

YellowDyeNo5 IncGamers Member

Phoenix shield, fire claws, firestorm question

Alright I'm building a completely synergized fireclaws bear (not a good idea for hardcore I know, but its still fun) and I was drooling over the specs of the phoenix runeword, and how nice that would be in a shield. I know that firestorm would acquire all the synergies, which would be nice, and the ed would from phoenix would be great with fire immunes, not to mention the redemption aura. Two questions, however:

1. Will the firestorm proc interrupt my attack? I'm at 4 frames right now, and if it interrupts me constantly, well that ruins the fun of fireclaws.

2. Will firestorm benefit from +all skills and +druid skills?

Thanks for the knowledge.

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Iirc, skills coming from chance to cast-items do not get bonus by +skills, no matter what.

about the interrupting, I posted the same question a few weeks ago in the druid forum. The thread might be helpful, since it turned out into a lot of discussion.
    Linky!

3. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

Edit: Why am I not awake when posting??? I kept the fun part of the post.

Synergies DO boost ctc casts as far as i remember, and would be fun to exploit with bonehew, if mercs could wear marrowwalks...

4. YellowDyeNo5

Well after reading that other thread, phoenix is sounding like a worse idea...on the other hand, oath barbs should use marrows :)

5. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

yes, synergies boost, so an oath-using marrowalk-using fast hitter would be funny too.
    But I'm gonna build a firestorm fireclaw bear anyway, it can always be changed to a normal fireclaw bear if you need the shield elsewhere. Just switch with a stormshield, and you are done :)

6. YellowDyeNo5

Let me know how this works, I'm quite curious (but not curious enough to do the required downloading for it to work in single player).

7. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

I am using it and the BS kick the monster asses!

But could you imagine Oath/Oath max speed frenzy barb with marrow boots!!!

8. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Phoenix stats are nice indeed but for druids the low blocking is a worry and the r/w does have some high runes and a pally with maxed holyshield to increase blocking would be better.

9. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

In my limited experience using Oath (Oath/Death frenzy barb), the bone spirits often just wander off the screen without hitting anything because most monsters are killed in 1-2 hits and the bone sprit doesn't seem to seek out other targets very often.