Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Phoenix - invincible pvm?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by FrozenSolid, Mar 28, 2005.

1. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Phoenix - invincible pvm?

For those who play ladder and have obtained a Phoenix rw. Are you practically invincible with the redemption aura? Was thinking of getting one, it sems nice.

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

I'm not Ladder so I wouldn't know about Phoenix, but if that is so why wouldn't every PvM palys make a maxed out Redemption char...? Is there any paly that is INVICINCIBLE in PvM..? For that matter, any chars?

So I'm pretty sure Redemption doesn't make you invincible although you'd be pretty insane with it in PvM if you're using the r/w Phoenix and can still kill pretty fast.

- Dennis

3. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

define invincable
    1 never died

2 not able to die

3 not able to lose life

4. Killer_sss

sorry way to late to edit post

i do see your point 2 pheonix (shield/weapon) will yield you an 80% chance to redeam 150 mana/health, 700-800% enhanced dmg,plus an 80% chance to cast a lvl22 firestorm with arround -55 fire resist. talk about a mad combo.
    to me thats gotta be quite hard to beat. you also get some higher resists bonuses mana leech ignore target defense and 20% deadly strike wicked eh?

5. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

I fail to see how Phoexix and the Redemption aura will make you invincible.

The aura requires corpses to work. No corpses mean no regain.

At high levels the aura will redeem practically all current corpses.

It would however be a good way of keeping your life and mana healthy - but you will still require to play safely.

6. Alywin

Alywin IncGamers Member

Agree, just a rather normal case - you faced Diablo alone or the icy monsters in Act 5, how would the redemption aura keep you not die... And that's why you still see paladin dying all the days :lol:

Nevertheless, it is always good to keep the redemption aura open of course :cool:

7. Jemme

Jemme IncGamers Member

ANother no-no for Redemption is Nord's Tenderizer, or any weapon that freezes a monster. Hitting a monster that is frozen will leave you with a puddle of water which makes redemption useless. I found that out the hard way before I got an Eth Demon Limb :)

8. marshaldwm2

marshaldwm2 IncGamers Member

I think you are overrrating recdemption. Even with a carpet of corpses, you will redeem them all in seconds, leaving you open to losing life and mane really quick when the surviving monsters start beating you down. Redemption jsut takees you to max, it does not give you a near infinite pool of points.

Also, an unsynergized firestorm even with -55 resist is not going to be impressive in hell.

9. FrozenSolid

Maybe invincible was a bad choice of words. Ive seen how well it works with my hammerdin and was just wondering if having it active all the time would make sure youre life bulb wont ever go empty as long as there are corpses around. Of course using attacks that freezes monsters solid and cold merc isnt so smart with redemption. And for bosses theres life leech and draculs ofc.
    Does anyone of you have Phoenix? Could use some opinions from the ones who does.

10. Killer_sss

i realize all the corpses will be gon but imean cmon 400% enhanced dmg on the weapon 400% on the shield aplied at a different point in calculation combine this with a fortitude and holy shield and a fantacism zealot can reak havok in hell.

11. Tycho Spradling

Tycho Spradling IncGamers Member

Now just where did I put those extra 4 vex 2 Lo and 2 Jah runes?

12. TwiztedLotus

TwiztedLotus IncGamers Member

i have a zealer using botd and pheonix right now... even with enigma i easily survive anywhere in hell... the best thing is u get life from enemies u normally wouldn't... and with leech from botd ur about as close as invincible as u can get... just keep swinging.. hehe

invincible no.... worth it.. yes

but then again......... i've seen redemption as low as 10 on some pheonix's... mines a 14 so im sure there is a lil difference... anyone know max? is it 15?

13. Alywin

Alywin IncGamers Member

If you really have played a paladin, you know it is truly helpful not that godly or ever life-sustaining.... you may consider redemption aura allows you to get extra rejuvenation potions from all killed monsters, but the "potions" will be taken not always at the right dose or right timing, especially when you put the aura on all the time... The assumption that "as long as there are corpses around" is too luxurious...

14. FrozenSolid

I had a hammerdin and whenever i activated the redemption aura it absorbed the corpses pretty fast so I dont see why the "as long as there are corpses..." sounds too luxurious. Sure his life orb may not be full but I think itll be "safe" most of the times.

15. vexer

vexer IncGamers Member

frozensolid i see your point too....i have a hammerdin with just 1 point in redemption and i can stand in the middle of 300 cows with holy shield on and spam hammers....if ever my health gets to low i just tap my 'e' key and bam im full hp/mana again...soi can definetly see what you meant by invincible...but no i dont think you would be invincible...just very hard to kill in pvm except for certain situations