Phoenix: Best Fire Claw Shield?

Dimmu Borgir

Diabloii.Net Member
Phoenix: Best Fire Claw Shield?

I've been thinking about what to equip my Fireclaw wolf with, and all things considered Phoenix seems to be the best one.

-28% enemy fire resist, thats the equivalent of more than 5 Fire Facets but without the added Fire skill damage.

40% chance to cast Firestorm on striking. With rediculous 5 or 4 frame attack, Firestorms will be all over the place. And you're Fireclaw. That **** will be max synergized, dealing thousands of damage.

It gives an aura, but its Redemption: the one granted aura from equipment that you don't need to bother stacking. So you're free to keep that 6 Shael'd PB.

superjayson

Diabloii.Net Member
the chance to cast firestorm from the shield will screw you up I think. Do a search on the forum for phoenix/fire claws and you'll find lots of info.

naturebunns

Diabloii.Net Member
best shield = Jmod with 4x 5/5 fire facets or a shael'd or jeweled stormshield

Only problem with jmod is helped if you use fade and are bm (dr)

but 8 from ber'd jalals, 8 nigma, and 15 dungo's would put you at 31, fade nearly caps you out if you use it.

Against almost every class Jmod's better than Stormshield, lone exception probably being barb's or zealots (but then again, you hit a lot harder, it's really a toss up and specific on who exactly you're dueling and what setup they're using)

Phoenix sucks because of it's low block

Jmod is nearly 75 block with dext for max on stormshield, and is a good switch out

Metathrom

Diabloii.Net Member
Jeweler's Monarch - gives 4 sockets - with a secondary Mod (life and blocking are the best, usually). The idea is to add facets to each of 4 sockets and then take advantage of the secondary mod.

Keep an eye for blue monarchs. :)

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, it's Jeweller's Monarch Of Deflection. That's what JMOD stands for.

of Deflection adds 20% chance to block and 30% faster block rate.

Metathrom

Diabloii.Net Member
Wouldn't Phoenix still be good for PvM? The synergized Firestorm has a nice area of effect and will deal decent damage... and Fireclaws tends to be a 1-hit kill anyway, so I don't see how interrupting the attack would harm the shifter too much. And Redemption takes care of all mana leech concerns, it's a very sweet aura.