[Build] Phantasm + Zombie Bears a way to endlessly spam both

Chaosmage

Diabloii.Net Member
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#gfUQPj!fTU!bcabbY

I discovered this yesterday.

The essentials are Vision Quest + Rush of Essence and Phantasm. Zombie Bears can be swapped for any other mana intensive high damage skill you like but besides Dire Bats there isn't really an alternative.

The thing is that Vision Quest multiplies the mana regeneration you get from rush of essence. So if you have vision quest active and begin casting phantasms your mana will drop quickly, however you will, even with zero +mana items never reach zero as every phantasm increases your mana regeneration, after a few seconds mana regenerates faster than you can spend it. How much mana regeneration you end up with depends on your attack speed. For me even with a slow weapon and poor ias I end up with something like 300+ mana/sec.

You can switch to zombie bears / dire bats / acid bomb etc and spam it.

The action bar skills were chosen just to make it manageable, it might be easier with out grave injustice, but I doubt you can fit grasp and hex in it without too much hassle.
Yes that are 2 passives "wasted" for mana regeneration. Yes you can survive much better with poison dart.....
but this playstyle enables you to play on par with the many DH in act3 inferno in terms of effective DPS.

Chaosmage

Diabloii.Net Member
Here is a variant which I am using now, it is somewhat more safe, you can kite as well as with darts and have aoe at a point in the game where almost everybody ditched it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#giUQPj!fTU!ZaabbY

Grave injustice probably doesn't do justice, but gruesome feast benefits all the same see the quote ;)
Since you are out of range except you have maxed out all slots with 7 pickup radius.

Last edited:

Phillter

Diabloii.Net Member
I have never found Well of Souls to be useful at all...how are you using it? My impression of it was that you had to be basically in melee range for the extra smaller missles to hit anything.

Chaosmage

Diabloii.Net Member
I have never found Well of Souls to be useful at all...how are you using it? My impression of it was that you had to be basically in melee range for the extra smaller missles to hit anything.
Yes you have to go into melee range, useful for cases where you can take a hit. And staying in melee range of a mortar mob is usually a better tactic than full screen kiting. And it is just as spamable if you keep up vision quest. Of course if that is out of the question you can always switch it. For areas where you have to kite you could get some extra life steal, effective mana reduction.
Oh have I mentioned there are mojos with 12% ed on spirt barrage.

The thing is: The main spirit barrage does 190% dps, vs 180dps with splinters.

Having discovered this possibility I see absolutely no reason to use poison dart. There are some people with some avers-ability against vision quest. But screw them, you just have to learn how to actually play the game.

Last edited: