PGems and Charms

AdversaryX

Diabloii.Net Member
PGems and Charms

Hi this is my first post and I did try searching for my answer so if it's available in a guide somewhere then please give me a link to it.

I just started playing D2 after many years and I was just wondering if you need to use a certain kind of charm to combine with 3 perfect gems to better your chances of getting a better charm?

Thanks.

sswilson

Diabloii.Net Member
The magic item + 3pgem cube recipe is strictly dependent on the ilvl of the item you are cubing.

I always keep a couple of worldstone keep scs in my stash for re-rolling.

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
If you don't insist on using Baal/Diablo/Nihlathak GCs, it's enough to keep one GC, as you will find more GCs in high-level areas than gems needed to reroll them.

ZygFryD

Diabloii.Net Member
The best charms for rerolling are th ones that drop from high level monster. Baal/Diablo/Nihlathak GCs are the best because they are the only one that can get +40-45 life, but after that GCs from lvl 85 areas, such as the pits and river of flames, are still pretty good. Lately I have been getting pretty good results with meph GCs...

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
You don't need L85 monsters for the second best GCs, it's less. BTW, Meph is L87, higher than any non-boss/minion everywhere. His TC selection is worse, but that's not an issue for charms.

To be precise, it's 41-45 life. The next lower +life affix has an affix level of 77 (and for GCs, alvl=ilvl, as their base qlvl=1) which also covers all the other interesting affixes. It should be from somewhere in act 3 hell on.