Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Petition that deserves some attention

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Oberammergau, Feb 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oberammergau

Oberammergau IncGamers Member

2. Smeg Head

Smeg Head IncGamers Member

I'm all in favor of growing hemp. I couldn't care less about people smoking pot.

3. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

I'm ALL for cultiuvating it for the energy, materials and health uses it has. I am against legalizing it as a drug/smoking substance.

4. llad12

llad12 IncGamers Member

Hemp makes high quality rope :stoned:

5. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

The best things about online petitions is reading the signatures:

Good times!

You want to smoke it to get high, fine. Never was my cup of meat. I like my drugs in 12 oz or 750 ml bottles.

6. Oberammergau

Cup of meat? I don't really like alcohol that much.
    Sarge, why exactly are you against it?

7. th5418

th5418 Banned

Im against legalizing it because then everyone would just be smoking everywhere. I dont like smoke and i dont want to 2nd hand smoke. I like my body healthy thank you very much.

8. Ezcabe

Ezcabe IncGamers Member

What is funny about all of this. Hemp is legal. Hemp is the male plant of Cannibus. There is nothing wrong with growing it whatsoever. Hemp contains very little to no THC. Also the Hemp plant does not contain buds. There is nothing wrong with hemp. Go ahead and grow it, you do not need a petition to grow it.

9. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

I can't speak for anybody else, but personally I can't see any value whatsoever if it is legalized for recreational use. I all ready have to watch out for drunk drivers when I'm crusing down the highway -- I really don't need to have to watch out for potheads too.

I used to smoke it in high-school and college, so I'm not voicing an uninformed opinion.
    I could care less who smokes herb, it doesn't bother me one bit; but the second it's legalized, people will abuse the hell out of the priviledge.

Pot isn't loaded with all the cancer-causing chemicals that cigerettes have. The smoke is pretty clean and not too terribly harmful, especially second hand.

10. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

You have lots of time to avoid a pothead on the road, they don't drive faster than 8 miles per hour.

I think it is hypocritical that alcohol is legal while marijuana is not. Thats not to say that either are good for society, but I don't think its the governments job to tell me what I can and cannot put into my body.

11. Corneo

Corneo IncGamers Member

I have yet to heard a petition from an internet website work.

12. Devolution

Devolution IncGamers Member

I see no reason why alcohol and tobacco is ok but marijuana is not...it's just a healthier combination of the two :)

If marijuana was legalized crime rate would go way down, the government could tax it and put the money to much more important things...

I think it's time they take this billion dollar industry from the biker gangs and the streets and put it in stores (with an age limit) where it could benefit everyone.

As for the thing about driving under the influence, you're right marijuana will screw you up. But driving under the influence of drugs is always going to be an issue, legal or not.

someone needs to invent a drug test machine in cars that won't start if you dont pass it :p

13. Lone_C

Lone_C IncGamers Member

Studies have shown that the only influence pot has on driving is extra cautiousness; I have the link around somewhere, had to do a paper on it.

14. Oberammergau

Ok, everything in this post couldnt be more wrong. Initially there may be an increase in marijuana use and longer lines in fast food joints, however take Amsterdam for example. Amsterdam has a much lower use rate than the U.S or Canada. The majority of "smot pokers" in amsterdam are tourists from neighbouring european countries and the U.S.
    Now for your next point. 2nd hand pot smoke is FAR less harmful than that of ciggarettes and less people will be smoking it. If you have a problem with 2nd hand smoke take it up with the tobacco industry as they do the most damage.

15. piff

piff IncGamers Member

I agree. Pot is illegal and it is not right for alcohol and tabacco to be legal. I say we make alcohol and tobacco illegal. It's only fair.

Actually, I don't mind any of the three being legal, as long as you use it in private, and you stay in private while under the influence of alcohol and/or pot. But if you are in public and drunk or stoned, I don't want to be around you.

16. Ti-Ben

Ti-Ben IncGamers Member

I don't care for pot. I don't and never do/did it, none of the people that I hang out with do it. Legal or illegal I don't care, as long as someone that do it doesn't try and drag me doing it, I'm fine. And besides I'm already addict to air, I can't stop breathing it, it's so good, and so all of you do too! Don't need anything else right now. :p

17. th5418

th5418 Banned

I dont smoke pot so i wouldntk now that it is much more heatlhy. Thank you for the clarification.

18. TurdFergusen

TurdFergusen Banned

Why let all the criminals get all the spoils. Legalize it, put them out of business, and little kids can get the opportunity to set up their own "doobie stands" cause like lemonade sucks.

19. Steve_Kow

Steve_Kow Banned

I know a dude in Waterbury who'll sign this . . .

20. Smelly

Smelly IncGamers Member

I had this same argument with my girlfriend once...

Pot is stupid. What benefit do you gain from "getting high"? I mean, seriously. Instead of "getting high", do me a favor and go jump off a cliff. Take a cig break for example... man is at work. Takes his smoke break. Smokes in the smoking lounge, coughs a bit, kills himself on the inside, end of story.

Replace scenario with pot.

Man at work. Takes a pot break. Coughs a little. Forgets he was at work, heads to buy some food for his munchies. Jumps off a cliff. Oops, that's me being hopeful again!

Sure, cigs cause cancer... second hand smoke sucks... but we've gotten around that for the most part. Beer tastes like crap, wine is usually expensive, and anyone who smokes and/or drinks regularly is, in my opinion, somewhat of a loser. It was a mistake for cigs and beer to be made legal. Restrictions were made, since it's been proven we can't make it illegal. Let the morons who want to ruin their lives do so. Let them get arrested. Let them die. It's good population control.

Pot being made legal is every stupid hippie's wet dream. Take a look at the 70's. Um, hi... I'm sure glad we got out of that hole. It's amazing how many idiot potheads want to jump right on in again. Move to an island somewhere, smoke your pot, and jump off cliffs. Can you tell I hate pot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.