Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Pet question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by ahcw, Feb 17, 2004.

1. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Pet question

Hi guys, I've started making a bear druid (lvl 22 right now) and am really enjoying him. Right now i have 3 little dire wolf buddies and I'm really enjoying those guys. My question is, is there a viable way to use dire wolves over a grizzly, or is the grizzly always gonna come out on top? Keep in mind that my build already has 20 lycan, 20 wb, 20 maul, 10 shock, 20 how, plus carrion vine so another 2 points there as well. That only leaves around 10 points to deal with (cuz there's no way i'll ever get to lvl 99). Also remember that I'll have around 10 plus skills to work with. With so few skill points left i'm worried that i'll have to use the bear as a "1 point wonder" because the wolves won't have enough life for hell. Anyways i'm ranting so any responses will be greatly appreciated.

2. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Im not really an expert on this topic but i would say w/ your build bear will usually come out on top unfortunately. Bears are gifted w/ more life and more damage ... you could pump dire wolves w/ any remaining skills in hope of getting thier life high enough to survive, but over all unless your a pure summoner bear is just more feasable.

3. Dreamsmith

Dreamsmith IncGamers Member

As a pure summoner, my experience has been that 3 maxed out Dire Wolves are better than one maxed Grizzly in most situations. However, the key here is "maxed out". With the amount of points you've said you have to play with, you're probably better off concentrating on the Grizzly. Great wolf packs require a great investment in skills, synergies, and spirits.

4. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Ya i figured. Thx guys for the responses. I sure will miss those 3 little white wolves running around me :(..sigh. Oh well, thx again guys.

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Bear is always better.

6. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Except when shifting.

7. Mike777

Mike777 IncGamers Member

what do you mean except when shifting ?

also... i asked this a while ago and someone told me you could have dire wolves and the bear at the same time....i guess that was bad information

oh well...my gf's druid has enough points set asside for 10 to dire, and 20 to grizzly....she is a werewolf.... i'm thinking from this conversation 20 to dires, and 10 to bear ....but....personaly i'd rather see her with a tough bear if she can't have both at the same time

what do you think would be most effective for her as a ww/wolverine/fury spirit build ?

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

He was just needling us werebear players.