Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Perplexity

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by phaolo, Apr 18, 2008.

1. phaolo

phaolo IncGamers Member

Perplexity

Hello. These things puzzle me:

-did you too notice that in some games the shops appear to sell better items and the drops are improved? And that lasts for some time or maybe until a certain more experience is gained. It always appears to me near beginning and end of the exp bar. Just coincidence??

-why does Baal never give me uniques but only sh**ty rare and magic items? Do I need more that 80% MF for him?

-doesn't this SP forum need a subforum for tournaments, so questions and other post can stay a bit more than 3 seconds in the first page? (lol)

2. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Re: Perplexity

I didn't noticed. Of course you can call the one game you find Tyrael's might "improved drop". But it doesn't prove anything. After thousands MF runs and long Vendor sessions (was trying to buy Lancer's Gloves of Alacrity and Artisan's Runic Talons of Quickness)

More MF never hurts, Serious MF characters usually have at least 300, more like 400-700 MF.

Unless the thread disappears from the first page, it still gets lot of attention.

3. Throndhart

Throndhart IncGamers Member

Baal never drops uniques for me, and I run him with over 400 MF %...

4. corax

corax IncGamers Member

baal hates you and will eat your first born given a chance

You items may seem better after you level because you might have gained access to new items or prefix/suffixes :grin:

nah no subforum. ive never seen a question go unanswered yet.:thumbsup:

5. Shock

Shock IncGamers Member

I like Baal and have learn't to accept his drops. I see him more as a bonus at the end of my WS K'ing. Might have something to do with the fact that the 1st time I killed him in hell, he gave me a green breast plate...

6. Dirkw

Dirkw IncGamers Member

Baal is also the best xp giver at high levels, so it kinda makes sense that his drops aren't that great. Would make him too lucrative i think.

7. Lady bug

Lady bug IncGamers Member

Ive been running Baal for xp with my javazon, in the beginning it were only with 30% MF, but when he dropped set or unike almost every time I put a bit more on, cant really tell the difference though, but he still drops ok I think. But ofcause she aalways been a rather lucky caracter.

*touches wood*

8. Ikeren

Ikeren IncGamers Member

I think people see his drops as worse, because even the fastest Baal runners do it in about 3-5 minutes (except a few uber-elites who do it in 2 minutes). A good meph runner (bliz sorc) can do 5-10 mephisto runs in the same amount of time.

If you like the WSK as a fun area, and do MFing through the entire area while leveling your characters, and just see Baal as an exp boost at the end, you'll probably be happier when he does drop amazing things.

9. phaolo

phaolo IncGamers Member

Ok ok, so at least I know Baal is greedy to everyone. A pity that an END boss gives stupid things though.

WK is quite fun, except when I find monsters like Oblivion Knights + Horadrim Ancients or Black Souls.. :rolleyes:
    The same for "Halls of Pain", except for Nihlathak CE and Vipers poison bugs

to corax:
    -you gained access to new items or prefix/suffixes: can't I find all at level 91?
    -never seen a question go unanswered yet: ook

P.s: hey look what I encountered and defeated in WK hell players 3 (with three-four escapes to town):
    http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/870/diablo02lodhelldlordsau7.jpg
    I like this pic of mine :thumbsup:

10. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Heh, nice screenie. I've seen packs of packs like that before, and it's scary with a melee character.

Check this one out though. This was back in v1.07, and thankfully Cold Mastery broke immunities back then. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to kill this quadruple-immune boss. Oh, and note it's only Nightmare. Things get even nastier in Hell. :)

11. Shock

Shock IncGamers Member

Damn... I your nics are so similar, I thought phaolo replyed to his own message. Nice screenies!

12. phaolo

phaolo IncGamers Member

Quadruple immunity! Well you could always hit him with the wand... LOL :rolleyes:
    Diablo really is a messy game, even in latest patches.
    (did you manage to defeat that?)

Hehe thank you Shock

13. pharaoh

pharaoh IncGamers Member

Well yeah, at least in theory. :)
    Yeah, because as I said, Cold Mastery broke immunities back then. There were diminishing returns, unlike the fixed increments for additional skill points like in the current patch, but the way it worked was different. It reduced the enemy's CR by a percentage of its CR. So, if you had -70% resist with CM, and the monster had, say, 50% CR, it would reduce that by 70% of 50%, so 35%, which took it down to 15% CR. However, if a monster had, say, 200% CR, which would be unbreakable in the current patch, the same mastery would bring it down to 60% CR. Lower Resist and Conviction could also break immunities, but I'm not sure if they were flat reduction, or if they worked similarly to CM.

Basically, you could coast through the game with nothing but Frozen Orb and Cold Mastery, and immunes only slowed you down a bit. Both could be maxed for effect, though CM didn't really need to be (with the diminishing returns), and you'd have plenty of skills left over for other things, like Energy Shield, T-Storm, or even maxing Static Field for a huge radius (I believe it wasn't capped in Nightmare/Hell like it is in current patches).

Version 1.07 was a horribly buggy and broken one, but there are a lot of people who would play it for the uber items you could get (such as 'magic only' affixes on crafted items, unique/set jewelry from the cube resist jewelry recipes, etc). I've still got that sorcy from the screenie backed up somewhere, I do believe.