Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Perming my mules

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Neilzor, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Neilzor

Neilzor Diabloii.Net Member

Perming my mules

Hey, I'm going on vacation soon and I won't be able to keep my mules from expiring. I tried to leave one running overnight in a game last night, but when I got back this morning, it said "Lost connection to Battle.net", and the character select screen still said "Expires in 10 days"

Is this what normally happens when you idle in a game? Is there a way to stop battle.net from booting you, so I don't have to be physically playing my character for two hours?

2. Darnoc

Darnoc Diabloii.Net Member

first off, you need to have a character in game for a total of 2 hours over a 48 hour period to perm it. this can be accomplished through a couple different ways:

Enter your character into "mule parking" or "mule perming" usually they are both running constantly, so it's just a matter of which one has openings in it. Since people regularly go in and out of it, it stays open for days at a time sometimes. If one or the other does not exist, you can make the game and people will join.

The other way is to open d2 in a window instead of full-screen; you can do this by right clicking on the d2 icon, going to properties and going to the end of the path name, then you need to type "-w" at the end of the path. This will open d2 in a window; then you need to make a game with your mule, right click on a an identification scroll, left click and hold the button while dragging the mouse up and off the screen. Your character will now be stuck trying to id an item constantly(its actually pretty funny). As long as the cursor doesn't go back into the d2 window, the game will register you as active and won't close it, at least until after your character is permed.

3. Herosis

Herosis Diabloii.Net Member

lol im going to have to try that....there is one other way tho....and ive done it with many mules. Create a game named exactly "Freee" and just click on your stash and stay there. People come and go, giving free to others as they please, and your char gets permed seeing that the server sees activity on your part as other people leaving and joining.

4. Orphan

Orphan Diabloii.Net Member

That works on full screen as well. Just select the identification scroll through your skills ('s', by default), and keep hold of right-click to cast it continually :thumbsup:

5. Freezing Rain

Freezing Rain Diabloii.Net Member

I usually just make a tp at frigid , walk into malahs building, and click the portal. :-D

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

perming mules need to be in a1. all the anti-idle tricks are in a5. T.T

ID tomb wars rock though. ^^

7. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 Diabloii.Net Member

Since when?

My mules are usually permed around reaching A2 hell, which also means by reaching A5 normal they are almost never permed...

8. Orphan

Orphan Diabloii.Net Member

Alot of people don't actually level the mules up, or progress them any past Act 1 (since, all they do is hold items). Yes, some of us probably get their forges and socket quests, but those who can't self rush (or don't care about the mules) will probably just keep them at the start of the game.

This means that, ideally, people will need strategies for perming their mules that don't involve any tricks that can't be used in Act 1. :)

It's a safe bet that alot more people will be able to do the Atma/wall (or outer cloister) trick, than the Maya/portal trick, simply because their mules wouldn't be at Act 5.

9. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Are you kidding? The perm is so 1986. Get yourself some highlights!